Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Yep, a couple of Yoks running from OZ, make sure you get there nice and early and get a dialled setup bud,
roborat and I will be running Yoks in TITC. Will be at the track next Wednesday for open practice see you there!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
roborat and I will be running Yoks in TITC. Will be at the track next Wednesday for open practice see you there!!!
See you and gerry there...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

Alien Racing have created a new upper deck for the Yokomo BD5 made from 2.5mm thick carbon fibre. Especially created for carpet racing the thicker material makes the car more precise and more stable, while at the same time making it easier to corner consistently. The upper deck is made of a similar carbon and is visually identical to that of the Yokomo original.

See that on the website of Alien Racing in the X-zone page, ( Product / RC / X-zone)
You can find this news on Red RC too.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

With the direct link, it's better...

http://www.alienracing.fr/Exzone/exzone.html

Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Doesnt Yokomo Want to Sell any cars? No one got the Bd5wxi in stock.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

VOTE HERE
Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default chassis plate

hy guys, i am having great troubles with the chassis plate of the bd5w. i am using the w plate, less cutouts for carpet racing. as the car was handling likek sh** i found that the plate had 2 cracks up front, causing the chassis to tweak and in consequence, the tires lifted off differently from the ground (even though same droop settings).

i bought a new chassis plate and yesterday built the car from ground up with the new one. however, even the new plate, out of the box is also tweaked!! this now happened twice to me. so i spent 150$ on 2 new chassis plates and both are tweaked before i ever drove them.

anybody has that same problem? the aluminium parts are straight i checked that again too. is there a specific order in which you tighten the screws? or am i missing something here.

really getting pi**ed off at yokomo for delievering such crap twice.

cheers
v
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Sorry to hear you have had issues so far.

A couple of things to check:

1. have you placed the cf chassis sheets by themselves on a flat board or droop blocks to check for twisting/tweak/imperfections?

2. if there were cracks in the original chassis, was that from collision damage? if so, sometimes even if the bulkheads look and check to be flat, the screw holes can become distorted (both alloy and cf) and cause the tweak you mention.

3. have you checked the screws (especially if replaced with alloy or ti screws)

Also, if you could include a pic, might help with a better diagnosis

Thanks,

Leonard.

Originally Posted by vitomon
hy guys, i am having great troubles with the chassis plate of the bd5w. i am using the w plate, less cutouts for carpet racing. as the car was handling likek sh** i found that the plate had 2 cracks up front, causing the chassis to tweak and in consequence, the tires lifted off differently from the ground (even though same droop settings).

i bought a new chassis plate and yesterday built the car from ground up with the new one. however, even the new plate, out of the box is also tweaked!! this now happened twice to me. so i spent 150$ on 2 new chassis plates and both are tweaked before i ever drove them.

anybody has that same problem? the aluminium parts are straight i checked that again too. is there a specific order in which you tighten the screws? or am i missing something here.

really getting pi**ed off at yokomo for delievering such crap twice.

cheers
v
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

vitomon: I have had similar problems and I ended up to be two items. One rear hinge pin that was just slightly tweaked. On a hudy pit board the tweak was not seen when I rolled the hinge pin but on a flat glass pit board I was able to spot it.

DirtyDog3375 has some great suggestions and I would also check those out for sure.

When building the kit make sure to check for tweak as you are placing components and something may come up. Place the chassis on some droop blocks and see it its still flat.

Second item I make use of often is a tip Martin Hofer also pointed on the Yokomo when he was racing for them. Sometimes after a hard hit the the shock tower tweaks and you you need to loosen and re-tighten the 4 screws. During my builds I leave these screws loose till the end and tighten them last. Apparently they influence the tweak drastically.

Hope it helps
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

thx for the quik replies. i checked the hinge pins on a glass board. no problems there. i will try to loosen the shock towers tonight (before the race) and see if it gets better. if not, than i guess i have looked everywhere and its time for a completely new kit.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

1.) loosen all top deck screws & remove wheels/bumper
2.) place car on glass
3.) press down on front & rear shock towers
4.) tighten top deck screws in sequence while holding shock towers down

5.) tweak free car
Old 02-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everybody. I'm looking for spare bulkhead caps for the bd5. If you have some for sale, please let me know. Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

hi guys, in your opinion, is there any way to improve the handling of the car? like design new type of Upperdeck or lowerdeck ?

during the TITC 2012, i saw the car have so much flex thus causing some traction roll or the car is too much roll altho we ran the W lowerdeck..

i'm working up a project to improve the car especially on high traction track..
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
hi guys, in your opinion, is there any way to improve the handling of the car? like design new type of Upperdeck or lowerdeck ?

during the TITC 2012, i saw the car have so much flex thus causing some traction roll or the car is too much roll altho we ran the W lowerdeck..

i'm working up a project to improve the car especially on high traction track..
The W bottom deck works fine IMO, a stiffer top deck would be the way to go.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
The W bottom deck works fine IMO, a stiffer top deck would be the way to go.
will u feel the front side of lowerdeck hv too much flex??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.