R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #1936
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

That is a Yokomo gear diff, i believe it will be released later. Spec R have made one that should be available pretty soon.
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #1937
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 112
Default

Cool Hope they release it soon.
FrankH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #1938
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AUSTRIA
Posts: 233
Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon
Default first drive

hi guys, just finished my first real extensive training session with my new bd5ws. as it is my first yokomo i was very curios however, i used the kit setup, which includes the short 39.5mm rear arms. only thing i changed was to a 450 oil and hpi blue springs. the car was immediatly as fast as the fastest guys of the local club and was easy to drive. as i ran kit setup and could do the same laptimes as with my previous car (416) i am quite opptimistic that if a little bit fine-tuned the car is just ballistic.

lots of grip, super steering. only weak point - besides the spool which is being changed - is the taped steering servo which is really causing some problems when i get hit by another car. will try stronger tape at the next race.

if anyone is interessted i was running vtec 30x pre-glued tires, 450 much more oil, hpi blue springs, droop 6/5mm, 3 rear toe, 1 front toe, 5.5/6mm ride-height.

car seems to responed well to a little bit more ride height as it seems it can lean more to the side generating more corner speed.

great car and i am not in any way regretting switsching from the tamiya to the yokomo.

cheers

ps: anyone knows a dealer where i can order spares and pay via pay-pal??
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #1939
Tech Adept
 
altreyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
anyone knows a dealer where i can order spares and pay via pay-pal??
Hobbyhaven or just PM Mr. Elwyn

About the doubletape for the servo i use the Muchmore one (the strong version) or Sweep.
They are working really well
__________________
Yokomo BD7 - Yokomo R12C
Orca-Gm120
Reedy-Lrp
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #1940
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi guys, just finished my first real extensive training session with my new bd5ws. as it is my first yokomo i was very curios however, i used the kit setup, which includes the short 39.5mm rear arms. only thing i changed was to a 450 oil and hpi blue springs. the car was immediatly as fast as the fastest guys of the local club and was easy to drive. as i ran kit setup and could do the same laptimes as with my previous car (416) i am quite opptimistic that if a little bit fine-tuned the car is just ballistic.

lots of grip, super steering. only weak point - besides the spool which is being changed - is the taped steering servo which is really causing some problems when i get hit by another car. will try stronger tape at the next race.

if anyone is interessted i was running vtec 30x pre-glued tires, 450 much more oil, hpi blue springs, droop 6/5mm, 3 rear toe, 1 front toe, 5.5/6mm ride-height.

car seems to responed well to a little bit more ride height as it seems it can lean more to the side generating more corner speed.

great car and i am not in any way regretting switsching from the tamiya to the yokomo.

cheers

ps: anyone knows a dealer where i can order spares and pay via pay-pal??
great to know u like the car well...

have some parts available here..
KS Hobby
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #1941
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

If u can get shoogoo try that to hold your servo I use that on the outerside of my servo with double sided tape underneath and the mount on the inner ear.

Antoni
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #1942
Tech Regular
 
jychow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi guys, just finished my first real extensive training session with my new bd5ws. as it is my first yokomo i was very curios however, i used the kit setup, which includes the short 39.5mm rear arms. only thing i changed was to a 450 oil and hpi blue springs. the car was immediatly as fast as the fastest guys of the local club and was easy to drive. as i ran kit setup and could do the same laptimes as with my previous car (416) i am quite opptimistic that if a little bit fine-tuned the car is just ballistic.

lots of grip, super steering. only weak point - besides the spool which is being changed - is the taped steering servo which is really causing some problems when i get hit by another car. will try stronger tape at the next race.

if anyone is interessted i was running vtec 30x pre-glued tires, 450 much more oil, hpi blue springs, droop 6/5mm, 3 rear toe, 1 front toe, 5.5/6mm ride-height.

car seems to responed well to a little bit more ride height as it seems it can lean more to the side generating more corner speed.

great car and i am not in any way regretting switsching from the tamiya to the yokomo.

cheers

ps: anyone knows a dealer where i can order spares and pay via pay-pal??
Great to know you enjoy the car. BD-5 World Spec is receiving favorable comments from users around the globe. Thanks for your kind support.

For the servo, my solution would be: ShoeGoo + double sided tape.

Usually, I would apply the double side tape in the center and apply ShoeGoo at the perimeter of the servo. This way, it will be bullet-proof. When it comes to removing the servo, just use a blade/knife to open the ShoeGoo at the side. Once it reached the double sided area, the servo can be removed entirely with a little force.

I would suggest 3M double sided tape as I have great experience with them.

For parts support, we can assist you on this as we have been representing Yokomo for over 14 years. We can also offer attractive shipping costs to your country. Please contact Elwyn Lee for your requirement of parts.

Thanks for your kind reference, altreyx.
__________________
ERIC CHOW | HOBBY HAVEN SDN BHD | Pearl Point Shopping Mall, 2nd Floor, Lot 1.2.78-1.2.80, Batu 5, Jalan Klang Lama, Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia | Tel: +603-74994191 | http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my |
***** Team Yokomo Malaysia Blog -- http://teamyokomo.blogspot.com *****
***** Hobby Haven Blog -- http://hobby-haven.blogspot.com *****
jychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #1943
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AUSTRIA
Posts: 233
Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon
Default

thx for the suggestions but i have to ask....what is ShoeGoo??
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:25 AM   #1944
Tech Adept
 
altreyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
thx for the suggestions but i have to ask....what is ShoeGoo??
it is a sort of specific glue, Just type Shoe Goo in google

I'll give it a try next time that i'll remove my servo.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 - Yokomo R12C
Orca-Gm120
Reedy-Lrp
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #1945
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Yokomo Geardiff

__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #1946
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
I run 17.5 class. Is a gear diff a good option or is it meant only for high powered motor class?
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #1947
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Hi All. does the worlds conversion kit do a full conversion or are there still some parts needed to convert 100%? tossing up a conversion or a new car
thanks.
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #1948
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poop View Post
Hi All. does the worlds conversion kit do a full conversion or are there still some parts needed to convert 100%? tossing up a conversion or a new car
thanks.
world conversion = lower deck, upperdeck, new motor mount, motor mount support...

depend on you dude, if your car is more than 50% wear out, will be recommended you to get a new car....
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #1949
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
I run 17.5 class. Is a gear diff a good option or is it meant only for high powered motor class?
i think geardiff is very good for mod class and also high traction...high turn motor might not need it but it's mostly depend on your track traction...

low traction track is not really recommended to use geardiff...

hope more chip in idea on this ....Antoni where r u ?
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #1950
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
i think geardiff is very good for mod class and also high traction...high turn motor might not need it but it's mostly depend on your track traction...

low traction track is not really recommended to use geardiff...

hope more chip in idea on this ....Antoni where r u ?
im using Gear diffs in medium traction, its all in the oil you use. In higher traction you could use anything up 2 5k, and low traction we have been using 500cst.
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Kenshin Electric On-Road 13263 06-13-2016 04:39 PM
Yokomo MR4TC-BD mr.ng Electric On-Road 9094 02-05-2013 02:10 PM
Hey all, new to R/C Stin83 Electric On-Road 12 11-05-2005 10:29 AM
Is EP TC racing dying? Edwin Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 221 04-28-2005 12:46 AM
New 1/10 Touring Car ttektek Electric On-Road 63 03-21-2005 02:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net