416 WE made in China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

416 WE made in China

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know if its by the same counterfeitters, but theres now an orange anodised knockoff TRF416 on eBay.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
I don't know if its by the same counterfeitters, but theres now an orange anodised knockoff TRF416 on eBay.
link?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-10-Belt-Driv...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

The postage price makes the whole deal a waste of time!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's not complete copy - rear camber links looks like mounted on rear shocktower isn't it?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lochness42
It's not complete copy - rear camber links looks like mounted on rear shocktower isn't it?
LOL dont tell me!

Its an xray 09 copy??????

OMG! - the front shock tower!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

top deck doesnt match up right, but there needs to be better pictures...

man these copies are becoming quite popular.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The servo is mounted wrong for it to be a xray copy.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Downstops are gauges that measure the downtravel on the arms. There are many ways in measuring droop really. I think the thing youre on about is rebound stroke, when you add an amount of shims or tubing to the shock rod, to stop it from traveling back in to the body too far.

Your droop settings sound like what I had when the front wheels were lifting from the ground. I havent had the same luck as you in setup. I will try some things differently on Saturday, if my club is open for practice. The car is doing decent times, but the car is unstable to drive through chicanes and entering high speed corners.

I didnt get the hard plastic caster blocks, as theyre brittle on the real car. Most common part to break on the 416 at my track. I wanted solid ones that didnt break, this why I got alu ones. Bit heavier though.

My friend had a JRXS Losi RC car, so I can only imagine why you prefer this one! - It hardly ever completed a race and was a bit of a pig to drive. He changed it to an xray 09 and he went up 2 finals! - I will point out that all the indoor layouts I race in are unforgiving in a crash. High speed corner leading onto the straight etc with a concrete wall if you clip the edge of the corner leading onto the straight.
JRXS was actually quite good in its day-- Paul Lemieux nearly won cleveland with it. I had some good luck with it, but technology improved, other cars improved etc.. When i got the prototype type R, i thought it was night and day-- then the preproduction came out and i seemed to not get along with it. Although i only ran it about 5 times- then i took a break from RC.

anyway- back to this-- yah, my car was very very good. No lifting tires, and there was a nice groove-- using sorex 28s..

uhh. 2degree front camber, 1.5 rear... droop as mentioned.. no swaybars.. losi springs.. (will switch when i come across the proper tamiya springs).. I will say i did have to turn my Steering Travel down by about 10%.. probably doing a 4 foot turning diameter.

KB
Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ball differential gear is applied on front wheel
Some Engrish is located on that EBay link.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
JRXS was actually quite good in its day-- Paul Lemieux nearly won cleveland with it. I had some good luck with it, but technology improved, other cars improved etc.. When i got the prototype type R, i thought it was night and day-- then the preproduction came out and i seemed to not get along with it. Although i only ran it about 5 times- then i took a break from RC.

anyway- back to this-- yah, my car was very very good. No lifting tires, and there was a nice groove-- using sorex 28s..

uhh. 2degree front camber, 1.5 rear... droop as mentioned.. no swaybars.. losi springs.. (will switch when i come across the proper tamiya springs).. I will say i did have to turn my Steering Travel down by about 10%.. probably doing a 4 foot turning diameter.

KB
Thats a very interesting set. I was using 2 degress all over, droop around the same, med swaybar front, soft rear, tam white/white front spring, tam white/blue rear. Steering travel was a bit more agressive, so maybe that couldve been a hinder for me. I was using old sorex tyres though, but they still work good usually.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default chensleyrc1;6322375

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
The servo is mounted wrong for it to be a xray copy.
On the Xray 08 clone, the servo is mounted differently to the real one also, along with a different top deck. I suppose that way, they make it a 'different' car.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Thats a very interesting set. I was using 2 degress all over, droop around the same, med swaybar front, soft rear, tam white/white front spring, tam white/blue rear. Steering travel was a bit more agressive, so maybe that couldve been a hinder for me. I was using old sorex tyres though, but they still work good usually.
well- 2 degrees in the front was to calm the nose down. It was a little twitchy, so i took more initial tire off the ground. I also am running (eye balled) 1/2 degree of toe in in the front. I had 1/2 toe out and again, was looking for a little more stability.

I dropped the steering because in the tightest turn, the car would square up if i drove too aggressively for too long.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
well- 2 degrees in the front was to calm the nose down. It was a little twitchy, so i took more initial tire off the ground. I also am running (eye balled) 1/2 degree of toe in in the front. I had 1/2 toe out and again, was looking for a little more stability.

I dropped the steering because in the tightest turn, the car would square up if i drove too aggressively for too long.
I Ran tonight at my club and the car was very good. Changed the tyres to slightly used, rather than very used and the car was a lot more stable. (So it was really the tyres.) I then ran more droop front and rear and the car had much better weight transfer off throttle. It was a joy to drive lol!

I qualified 1st in B final, then won the B final, so some progress seems to be made. For the final I made all shocks more upright by one more hole. So position 4 front, 5 rear. Through the fast sweepers, the car was one of the quickest, as I also lowered the roll center all over by 1mm and the car leaned and gripped even more. The car wasnt perfect, but the way it used weight transfer on entry and mid-corner was quite impressive!

I'm sure when I get new tyres on, the car will be mighty. (Oh, and i loosened all the screws on the top deck!)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Cool! good to hear.

Did you run the car with loose topdeck??

I would be weary of that.

Yah, tires are like 98% of your setup, man. You can try all day, if your tires are junk, your car will be junk.

I am going to run these tires until they drop, just too see what kind of mileage i can expect- because i am new to rubber again. But as soon as my car starts loosing 10ths.. (let alone, handling poorly) theyre out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.