Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Adam?
I have the throttle reversed on my 3PK too.

Is it normal for a 13.5 to scream like a 3.5 (on the bench) with the new software? It'll be interesting to see how it does on the track.
From what I've seen from the team drivers using the latest F/W at Cleveland, you'd better drop 4 - 5 teeth on your pinion or you'll heat that motor up quite a bit if you are using the "Timing Boost" feature.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I have the throttle reversed on my 3PK too.
Just got the 4PK working last night and it's the same in it as well.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
Just so you know if you want to save some dollars.... you really only need the pro version for on-road modified touring.
Don't forget 4wd electric off road as well. They work the ESC just as much, and in a more hostile environment. Heat, heat, and more heat.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My understanding is this should not be a problem, due to the fact that they dont run motors as low wind as on-road mod touring. Although it might be safer to go with the Pro, i think that reps have posted here that you only really need the pro for mod touring car.

The standard is "Motor Limit Brushless Mode: 5 Turn, 36mm can"

I dont run off road but im assuming you would just be getting massive wheel spin and dig holes in the track with a 4.5 or faster mounted.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

I am probably the 1000th person to ask this but what is the difference between the RS and the RS Pro? Which would you recommend for someone running 12th stock? Is there any advantages of getting the PRO over the non-pro other than motor limit?

Thanks guys for your time,
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

RS - you cannot run anything less than a 5t

RS PRO - Run whatever you want.

I usually recommend an RS to those running 19t or Stock (save yourself some $$), and recommend the RS PRO to those running Mod Sedan or 4wheel Mod Offroad.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgullickson
RS - you cannot run anything less than a 5t

RS PRO - Run whatever you want.

I usually recommend an RS to those running 19t or Stock (save yourself some $$), and recommend the RS PRO to those running Mod Sedan or 4wheel Mod Offroad.
And if you run 1/12 scale, the RS is shorter in height up off the chassis so it fits under the low bodies, and it weights a little less ..... all good things!!!

Keep it up guy's!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

They say the pro version has more fets in it, something to help it with the faster motors **SHRUG**

Its slightly heavier, but can run bigger motors. Looking at the stats it has less resistance but i dont know if that means anything significant.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

I think maybe full boost is excessive for a Novak 13.5. :-D I had to gear it down like 8 teeth, and it still ran hot. It seems pretty quick on the straights, but a bit gutless in the middle. I'm gonna hold off and wait for the official release. Hopefully new profiles from the team guys will show up quick.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
They say the pro version has more fets in it, something to help it with the faster motors **SHRUG**

Its slightly heavier, but can run bigger motors. Looking at the stats it has less resistance but i dont know if that means anything significant.
yeah, double the FETs in parallel will half the overall resistance and double the current capability.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

I think maybe full boost is excessive for a Novak 13.5. :-D I had to gear it down like 8 teeth, and it still ran hot. It seems pretty quick on the straights, but a bit gutless in the middle. I'm gonna hold off and wait for the official release. Hopefully new profiles from the team guys will show up quick.

If you're running full boost and have the motor timing up to max then you're over-timing it, which causes more heat for no more power. Back the timing until you see a loss in speed.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Will this be an option on the R1 as well???
And when will the new software update for the R1 be available??

I run a R1 in 1/12th on 4 cells and I need more timing than the hotwire can give me.
Isnt it possible to just link timing advance to throttle input?? Start with low timing for torque (and less startup probs on the sensorless R1) and end high for more topend)
Old 12-05-2008, 03:40 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Did ther motor "cog"? I had full timing and 12 deg in the motor timing and it won't run. Then you have too much timing!! In 1/12 I was at 40-84 with 1.70 rear tires. The motor came off at 170 deg. and didn't fade at the end of the 8 minute race. You can also listen during the race and here the "cogging" as the race goes on coming off the turn. I used it as a tuning aid for gear ratios or timing settings. I try to run as much timing and gear LOW.
-Wayne
Old 12-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quante
Will this be an option on the R1 as well???
And when will the new software update for the R1 be available??

I run a R1 in 1/12th on 4 cells and I need more timing than the hotwire can give me.
Isnt it possible to just link timing advance to throttle input?? Start with low timing for torque (and less startup probs on the sensorless R1) and end high for more topend)
The R1 doesn't run sensored so no there won't be an update for the R1, this is a RS only update.

The R1 already does that, low timing on low RPM and higher as the motor revs up.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
The R1 doesn't run sensored so no there won't be an update for the R1, this is a RS only update.

The R1 already does that, low timing on low RPM and higher as the motor revs up.
Neither the r1 or rs changes the timing as the rpm ramp up...

The only thing close is the rs in hybrid mode where the timing on the motor is used to start (set that low) and then switches to the hotwire timing (set high).

I hope the next update comes with reactive timing *hint hint tekin*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.