Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
amazing. it does have some people think if they drive Masami's car, they could be world champion !!
Manticore

All I want is just to share my experience, I never said I could drive car like Masami and if you don't like please ignore my post, you don't have to being sarcastic
Old 05-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tl2111
Manticore

All I want is just to share my experience, I never said I could drive car like Masami and if you don't like please ignore my post, you don't have to being sarcastic
I made a true statement and if you think I did any thing against you. sorry about that !
Old 05-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Can you just explain in words what they did for now? Everybody is interested to know!!!
I think what simon did is, he epox some hard material under the 2nd mounting hole on the bulk head and then drill 2.6mm hole so that he screw the top arm in there, which make the link angle very much like M1RR with 3mm shims on it.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Now Now... Tommy and Anthony, shake hands and make up
Old 05-21-2003, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
I think what simon did is, he epox some hard material under the 2nd mounting hole on the bulk head and then drill 2.6mm hole so that he screw the top arm in there, which make the link angle very much like M1RR with 3mm shims on it.
I was wondering because I have also tried this and there is insufficient clearance to the diff outdrives and also insufficient material to drill a third lower hole. I was wondering how they achieved it!!

I HAVE actually tested the M1RR mod out at Brendale back to back with the V1RR rear end. On a non race day on the long track I was running 21.1 second average laps with the M1RR rear end and 21.7 second laps with the standard rear end. The M1RR squares up under throttle faster on a high bite surface.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

BTW these are not indicative times for Brendale since the surface was dusty and had not been blown off.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
BTW these are not indicative times for Brendale since the surface was dusty and had not been blown off.
I did compare both MTX3 and VoneRR, beside the low CG, their shock geometory are quite different, The MTX3 has alot more lay down then V1R front and rear.

If you notice the EVO, the front end bulk head has been narrow it bit so that it can lay down the shocks, it create more pack action from the shock. I think it make sense because traction roll generally cause by too much bite at the front.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would also like to know how simon did the mod, as I've being look at the bulk heads and there doesn't seem enough room to drill a third hole. So any info on this mod would be excellent.

Graeme
Old 05-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is this the mod u guys are talking about, or am I just lost and need to speed more time away from the net...
Old 05-22-2003, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Novarossi the mod they're talking about is a mod done to the rear bulk heads. I think it's to lower the roll centre of the car, making the rear end similar to the MTX3 in the sense that the upper arm links are at a steeper angle, thus lowering the roll centre of the rear I think. The only real successful way to do this is to apply the M1RR conversion. This is what AMGRacer and Manticore have developed. I know AMGRacer said there is not really enough room to drill a third hole on the rear bulkhead, so you can place the upper inner link lower. This why they do the M1RR rear end. ( please AMGRacer and Manticore correct me if I'm wrong ). So if Simon Camaleri had a different mod for the rear end at the NSW titles, I think alot of drivers would like to see it and find out how's made it work successfully.

Cheers

Graeme

Old 05-22-2003, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know the spring rates in lbs for the black, silver and gold springs?
Old 05-22-2003, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by finchy
Novarossi the mod they're talking about is a mod done to the rear bulk heads. I think it's to lower the roll centre of the car, making the rear end similar to the MTX3 in the sense that the upper arm links are at a steeper angle, thus lowering the roll centre of the rear I think. The only real successful way to do this is to apply the M1RR conversion. This is what AMGRacer and Manticore have developed. I know AMGRacer said there is not really enough room to drill a third hole on the rear bulkhead, so you can place the upper inner link lower. This why they do the M1RR rear end. ( please AMGRacer and Manticore correct me if I'm wrong ). So if Simon Camaleri had a different mod for the rear end at the NSW titles, I think alot of drivers would like to see it and find out how's made it work successfully.

Cheers

Graeme

new holes on the bulk head have not been considered as it involves accurate mod to make symmetic camber angle. the MTX3 rear hub is a direct fit so why not?
Old 05-22-2003, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

that's a good point Manticore thanks for the reply.

Graeme
Old 05-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

I have been thinking about this stiffer rear swaybar idea. It seems to be a good alternative to the M1RR rear conversion.

It seems to me that it will give very similar results to a lower rear roll centre, but the camber change during cornering will not be as great as with the M1RR mod.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by alana07
hi kingwillie,
ever wonder why those folks at protoform give you 3 or 4 holes to let you choose where to mount your wings?
i usually use the foremost and rearmost holes. if your car is pretty well balanced but just suffering from a little bit of turn in understeer, moving the wing forward will free up the rear end nicely.
Thanks very much for the reply, I have just never had this happen before, it is the first time I've run the 2.1. As to why I didn't consider the mounting position critical, I've never driven such an effective wing before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.