Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Glen...congrats on finally receiving your car. Have fun straightening out the chassis!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xrc buggy

Originally Posted by hailmick
sorry but do these xrc cars come in an offroad package
more a q for brewer i suppose
Most certainly do. pm me for more info

Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Most of you probably already know this but...

I got a note from the XRC distributor from whom I bought the car. He had news about the shocks....... "good news we are getting in a new shock design in a few weeks that holds more oil and has a better build design with better spring and better shafts"

And I just spent $40 on new springs Who cares...better is better and it shows that XRC is taking us XRC owners seriously.

Cheers!
John
Old 07-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

After what Neil has done to me...I mean for me...I wouldn't go over there to get him. I'm going to send Hilary Clinton and Al Sharpton instead

Originally Posted by brewer
Glen, where's your photo with your goofy grin and being Aussie that car should be finished tonight we cant rely on Spec Ed he's probably had another sleepless night or he's coming over to get Neil
Old 07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Hey John, It actually looks quite cool

To cut the windows use a 3" hole saw and do all the side windows and 3 in the back window. If you use scissors you may crack the body.

cheers mate
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks mate. It's not nearly as nice as Mick's...he's blinged it out even more.

And I meant to mention in my earlier response...BMV4 is a totally sick looking piece of machinery!!!!!!! You really know your stuff, Dave.

I'll add the window venting to my "To Do" list. Things are going to move just a hair slower over the new few days as my wife and I are selling our house. I've got a "honey do" list longer than a donkey's johnson

Cheers mate!
John

Hey John, It actually looks quite cool

To cut the windows use a 3" hole saw and do all the side windows and 3 in the back window. If you use scissors you may crack the body.

cheers mate
Old 07-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

John,

I have only recently found this info out myself, I thought they had already been put into cars, because if you look closely enough at flyingdutchman's pics you will notice it has different shocks mounted on it.

I believe we will see better quality products from XRC in the very near future as they are being exposed world wide and are receiving feed back other than ours.Time will tell.

John you haven't wasted money on springs cause the new ones will not be as good as the competition ones you have on the way

To bad to hear about the "honey do the donkey's johnson" list

Originally Posted by Special_Ed
Most of you probably already know this but...

I got a note from the XRC distributor from whom I bought the car. He had news about the shocks....... "good news we are getting in a new shock design in a few weeks that holds more oil and has a better build design with better spring and better shafts"

And I just spent $40 on new springs Who cares...better is better and it shows that XRC is taking us XRC owners seriously.

Cheers!
John

Last edited by brewer; 07-13-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Good to know about the springs, Dave. I expect that when the new shocks are available you will likely try them? Surely they'll be better so it might not be a bad idea to keep the HARM and FG springs I have and put them on the new ones. We'll see how that goes.

I suppose sheep would have been more appropriate than a donkey for this thread, eh mate? I am going to try not to think about donkeys because it gave me a very startling visual

Good luck to all you chaps that will be racing this weekend!!

Cheers mates!
John

John you haven't wasted money on springs cause the new ones will not be as good as the competition ones you have on the way

To bad to hear about the "honey do the donkey's johnson" list
Old 07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Last edited by Nova JP; 08-02-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

The way your talking Neil I reckon you could be john's donkey, Glen I hope you noticed Neil's comment about having a really small aerial followed by a prang.

Welcome back uncle Charlie i can see you are online.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

haha now i get it lol. Just orderd my ddm air filter. im right in the middle of a bathroom reno unfortunatley aswell (bad timing). im going to ring my local 3d paintstore to see if they have the polycarbon paint or not. wouldnt surprise me if they did for half the price. i figure monday i will hook right into it sourcing my materials for the mods. sunday im racing 1/10's. i will put up some pics as im going. also im sure your going to cop some silly questions off me aswell but i think most of it is covered here.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:55 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

No not this time, once I have this car going then I'll head north to see what all the hype is about. BUt for the moment all I need is to get the car controlable and making it stop. Then if I race probably stick to the back of the pack, don't think I'm any better than that. Once I get the car out the the car I'll take some pics of the mods to it ( all in the rules ) and see what you think.

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Trev,
Why don't you head North mate and come for some serious racing, you can bring your camera again.. lol
We're just off the F3.
Neil
Old 07-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Neil mate, I thought all Aussies were the same. I mean...Nicole Kidman and Elle McPherson...who can tell the difference (and would anyone really care as long as they were with either). Yanks don't want to take over the world, we just want to destroy it so nobody else will want it ...unless there are pretty sheep hanging around and then we'll woo them with our long aerials

I'll save for next year...too many low altitude adjustments and I may not be able to drive though Especially since I'd have to buy you one for every one you bought me

Cheers mate!
John

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Johnno,
Sheep we're not Kiwis, how are you yanks gunna take over the World if you keep mix'n us up. lol We have snakes and crocs the Kiwis don't, so watch out mate, better than mountain lions. lol
The shell looks great, pitty about the time it took, mine exploded on the first stack, I laughed for hours, looked like a real prang.
Have fun, fair dinkum means ceratinly so or really or geez these Yanks are thick, oops.
Keep up the good work and try to save your money for next year's big race, I'll buy you a beer or 2 or 3 or 4...........
Neil

Last edited by Special_Ed; 07-13-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.