Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Nova JP; 08-02-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Neil, I've been watching "Last Comic Standing" so I've see the ones you kept. And that makes me wonder...when it's summer here, it's winter there; the water in your toilets rotates counter-clockwise when flushed whereas ours rotates clockwise...that all makes me wonder if maybe...just maybe... the standards regarding sheilas are backwards as well LOL...couldn't resist pulling the piss out of you mate (how am I doing?). I'm not much into Nic (though she's not one I'd toss back given the opportunity)...I like mine tall and brunette. Though you wouldn't know it from seeing my wife...brunette she is (and beautiful) but she's just a speck taller than a joey

My wife almost pissed herself when she read the "Black Rap" part. She's always making fun of me because when I was younger I had an afro. Or is that not what you meant?

Seriously...we play hard rock. The band name is Illicit Sects. The band name was my sense of humor coming out in a different manner...say it out loud if you don't get it..."Tonight at the Ogden Theatre, it's Illicit Sects and Free Beer." We just can't find a band named "Free Beer" to play with

Only because you asked about the band, here's a link to our website -> http://www.illicitsects.com. The art was done by our singer and drummer, I am the Flash (yes, it's in Flash) and html guy. Pics and music if you're interested. Thanks for asking...I ordinarily don't subject my mates to this kind of torture

Ta for now mate!
John

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Great sense of humor John, you crack me up mate. Nic and Elle were the ugly ones, that's why they left, you should see the girls that we kept. lol

What type of music does your band play mate, from the photo of you, I'm guessing Black Rap? lol
Holla
Neil
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by Nova JP; 08-02-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

.g[/IMG]

Last edited by Nova JP; 08-02-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

hehe nice one neil.

I got carried away and wanted to setup the servo's etc so off i went. brakes were'nt balanced through the front as one lock and not the other. anyway was cruising around not going to fast....then i panicked. hit throttle instead of brake and wham into the gutter i went havent done that since i first started getting into RC's and i dont know what came over me. snapped the front plastic off and broke the steering servo casing. all fixed now. while i ran repairs i decided to start the mods. so far i have done the chassis bracing and got the materials for the rear bulk head to do tomorrow night. other than that i thought the car went very well and exceeded my expectations easily.

John your car looks great but one thing, i cant hear you working those scales enough to validate the 6 strings lol. your band sounds great mate. GJ
Old 07-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Neil mate, I had to give up playing with...I mean by...myself on stage. It seems club owners don't appreciate that...unless you're in San Francisco of course

Mick is definitely busy working on his car. It keeps getting sweeter looking every day. Can't give you too many details but there's something going on relating to mirrors and wiper blades. Perhaps Mick will stop by and share.

Cheers mate!
John

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Johnno,
Like most shows on Fox, or Bush TV, have a look at Rupert's head, he doesn't like anyone prettier than him on it, glad he lives over there. The show has an ugly pommie bitch on it representing OZ and she's the funniest too WTF?

Yes you got it right, thought MM had a rival. lol Got the name thing we do it ova here too mate. But now I'm married we practice hallway sex (not illicit) when the wife and I pass each other in the hall we tell each other F.U. lol

Mate, found your site, after viewing it, not worried any more about offending you, wow, you do really have an unusual outlook. Good to see mate, hate boring bastards. lol

Glad you're in a band and not doing a solo act, playing by yourself or with yourself on stage is not polite, here anyway but might be my lack of understanding of your culture. lol

Did Mick die, haven't heard from him for a while, or is he work'n flat out to get his car finished before you, whilst you're playing with your "instrument". lol

Neil
Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Glen, glad to hear you're properly breaking in your car The excitement must have overcome you. I did the same thing but we have no gutters on our street and our curbs are at a 45 degree angle up to the sidewalks so all I got was a scrape underneath on the chassis.

I stopped playing the 6-string when I found my Traben 5-string. When we wrote those songs that are one the website I hadn't been playing but for a couple of years. My bass lines are a bit more involved these days but to be honest...I still suck. But it's hard to hear me over the guitar, drums and vocals usually so my stink in covered

Have fun this weekend working on your new baby!

Cheers,
John
Old 07-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Old 07-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Sorry Boys

Last edited by chuckyone; 08-03-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Old 07-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Welcome Back Charlie,

I am very suprised to hear a rule change for 2008 This come from very left field as i have recently had a disscusion with Garry and spoke about the process that should be taken to change/modify the rules for next year. So maybe what should have been posted is stayed tuned for the process in changing the rules for 08

As Neil has suggested this forum was setup for mateship and an area for people to share ideas and improvements this would also include rules discussions as well. I know that not many people from moorebank use this thread and maybe input is not being relayed to here so we don't know the concerns if there are any please forward them as i would be very interested to see what they are.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

WHERE HAVE THE YANKEE'S GONE!!!

How did everyone go this weekend.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by chuckyone; 08-03-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Still alive and kicking mate Been dealing with prepping my house for sale. Nice to know our goofy faces are missed

Originally Posted by brewer
WHERE HAVE THE YANKEE'S GONE!!!

How did everyone go this weekend.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Way to put it charlie. I think if it wasnt for you an your hard work you have put into this class it proberly wouldnt have gone anywhere an your just making it a even class not a out of control cheque book racing class. Keep up the good work see you all on 22nd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.