Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Nova JP; 08-02-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Late Model Pics

Got the late model painted today and is going to signwriters this week
Attached Thumbnails XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS-late-model-11.jpg   XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS-late-model-10.jpg   XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS-late-model-12.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chuckyone
Hey Peter
What days do you race the late models ? A few of us boys would like to come and see them race
Your body looks Great, How long did it take you to build ?

Cheers
Charlie
Hey Charlie. The body was actually made by another guy and only took 3 days from start to finish. Got the front bar at kellets for $15.00 and whole body only cost $100.00 Cant complain with the body it is light and strong and roof is clear lexan and is only getting a number and maybe my name on there
somewhere...

Thanks Pete..
Old 05-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova JP
Hey Charlie, Mitch, Jason and the rest of you guys,

Come'n down to race with you buggers next week, have'n severe radio probs, apparently they don't like being dropped, who knew. lol

I'll be there if I have to drag the bastard around the track with a bit of string. lol

I'm bringing down one of our new members, a bloke called Frank Vella, he's up here as much as me.
I might lure him away from you Charlie so be very nice to him. lol

Look'n forward to the laughs we all have and the fun off the track, and maybe we might find some time to race. lol

P.S.
Frank thanks again for the visits, you are always welcome and really good to see you mate, I never stop laughing.

P.P.S.
Tomo you political animal, would be nice to see you too, I realise you will probably be at a Greens strategy meeting (and eventually you guys will come up with one, surely and maybe a policy, checkout OUR polls man) lol

lol i'll see if i can make it. i don;t have my camera though so i won;t be able to take any pictures
Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Talking 1/5th & 1/8th Gold Coast Cup

Hi All,

Sorry for hijacking your thread,

But seeing how this thread is an all 1/5th thread, I thought that you guy's may interested in the following,

Gold Coast Cup Details:
!!!COME AND RACE ON THE NEWEST TRACK IN AUSTRALIA!!!

1/8th Saturday 23 June 2007
1/5th Sunday 24th June 2007
All funds raise from this event will be going into track infrastructure, i.e. new driver’s stand.

Format for 1/8th and 1/5th
One (1) Ten minute qualifier
Re-Grade
Three (3) 10 Minute Heats
Sort for Finals. Best Laps/Time (Result) of the three heats places you in the final)
C and lower Finals 10 minutes
B Final 20 Minutes
A Main Final Minimum 30 Minutes maximum 45 Minutes (dependant on entry numbers and available time, maximum 30 minute final for 1/5th)

Race Starts

1/8th IFMAR uncalled Qualifier and Heats
Finals by Lemans start
1/5th Rolling start Qualifier and Heats
Finals by Grid start

Scrutinering
1/8th and 1/5th cars will be held to current IFMAR rules.

Food and drink will be available at the track on both days ½ to ¾ Hr break for lunch.
Power & water on site, you will need extension lead and power board
Toilets a short walk away

What you need to bring;
Shelter tent
Tables and chairs
Extension cord and power board
For any one flying in for the weekend please contact us for help in supplying any of the above.

Practice
Track open for practice Friday 22nd from 12pm – 5pm
Practice Saturday and Sunday Morning 9am - 9.45am

Where is the Track
Frank Chaston Oval
Worongary Rd, Gilston (turn into the Frank Chaston Oval car park at the only traffic lights on Worongary Rd, opposite the Gilston Primary School)
Directions from the M1 available on club website

Entry Fee
$20 payable on arrival

Entries Please make all your entries on line at:

http://www.alycat.com/AlycatRC/Onli...ineEntries.html

Use pull down menu and select:
“GoldCoastCUPsaturday” for 1/8th event
“GoldCoastCUPsunday” for 1/5th event

Making entries online gives us a quicker entry time on the day and also gives us an idea of race day numbers prior to the event. On-line entries close 8pm the night before each event.
MAKING AN ENTRY ONLINE DOES NOT COMMIT YOU TO THE EVENT as a head count will be done on the day to confirm race numbers.
ENTRIES WILL ALSO BE AVAILBLE ON THE DAY but please enter early to assist in a smooth race day.
ENTRIES CLOSE 8.50am on each race day. Any on-line entry not confirmed by 8.30 on the race day will be deleted.

Track Specs and Photos
For racers who have not seen the track go to www.gcmr.org.au and check out the photos, if you have the current version of Quick Time there are some clips on the front page.
Other sites for photos are:
http://web.mac.com/optimal_logical/...e%20Photos.html
http://web.mac.com/optimal_logical/...ite/Photos.html
http://web.mac.com/optimal_logical/...n%20Photos.html

More info can be obtained from
Peter Gately
Founder/Secretary
Gold Coast Model Raceway Inc
www.gcmr.org.au
0413 128083

UP FOR GRABS

Trophies for the first three places
50mm Gold Medaleons for the remainder of A final
50mm Silver Medaleons for B final

We also have a fuel supplier prividing some fuel as prizes more details soon.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Hi guys just got the servo so I should be able to run next meeting if I ever find the time to rebuild the car. When is you next meeting so I have something to plan for?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Old 05-24-2007, 04:36 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Thanks for the help but unfortunately I'll be in Maitland this weekend. When is the next meeting?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

G'day fellas, I was thinking of getting me one of these xrc on roads, just had a few questions maybe someone could answer. I see you guys run them at moorebank, are these completely stock cars? From reading the website, is the 1/5 pro and xrc separate - pro for the expensive cars like fg etc and the xrc for obviously xrc and does this mean no mods to the xrc's? Are any hop up/ tuning parts available like a tuned pipe or suspension mods? Can any FG or harm parts fit these cars? What engine is fitted to these a 23cc CY?
Thanks in advance, I'll try to get down to moorebank on the 27th and check em out on the track for myself
Old 05-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default XRC CLASS

Originally Posted by MONAROMAN
G'day fellas, I was thinking of getting me one of these xrc on roads, just had a few questions maybe someone could answer. I see you guys run them at moorebank, are these completely stock cars? From reading the website, is the 1/5 pro and xrc separate - pro for the expensive cars like fg etc and the xrc for obviously xrc and does this mean no mods to the xrc's? Are any hop up/ tuning parts available like a tuned pipe or suspension mods? Can any FG or harm parts fit these cars? What engine is fitted to these a 23cc CY?
Thanks in advance, I'll try to get down to moorebank on the 27th and check em out on the track for myself

These cars are basically stock bar a couple of electronic and strengthening enhancements these are done purely for reliability.However like all forms of motorsport all the fast guys spend alot of time on making the car easy to drive therefore they become faster.For a unbiased review see the latest racing lines mag they have done a fantastic write up.When you go along on the 27th to moorebank make sure you catch up with charlie, (he is the one helping everyone else) he will be able to answer all questions you may have.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks brewer - saw the racing lines story, just picked one up today so I have some fun ahead.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi will be selling my jrxs3 controller an 3ch receiver (no more crystals) on sunday if anyone is interested come see me. Charlie will bring out that set up station to. Dave

Last edited by jimmygogo; 05-25-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Last edited by chuckyone; 08-03-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Old 05-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

To all

Yes i agree with Neil today was a great and fun day.

i would have enjoyed it more if my lay shaft gear didn't shred (hmm.. i think it was a bit of sabotage by Neil there..)

But all up fun was had by all with the placings:
1st: Paul
2nd: Keith
3rd: Jason
4th: Charlie
5th: Gary
6th: David (ie..Jimmy gogo(I THINK)
7th: Frank (i think)
8th: Neil (i think)
9th: Me (only 4 laps due to the gear shredding)

And Brewer are you coming up for the state titles??? (which i believe is in a fortnight)

Cheers
Mitchell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.