Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Your right, the buggy is the bomb and I love the fact that you can get setups from tessman himself - but what does it matter if it's chilling on my shelf due to lack of parts support.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Those of you frustrated with the D413 parts supply issues keep mentioned considering going with XRay instead. I am just wondering why you don't have 22-4 or B44.3s on your list too? Why just HB or XRay? I am buggy shopping and researching my brains out, this is an honest question, not baiting for a debate.

Other than parts issues, this HB seems like a hell of a car. It looks like parts supply make this not the one though.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:47 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

it sucks to hear that all of you are having problems with parts. i have not encountered this issue. i order all my stuff from Amain and usually buy 2 or something if i break it. that being said this buggy is beyond durable. while i agree that the aftermarket support is lacking after more than a year of the buggy being on the market. things are starting to come out. exotek has a few thing out for it. all be it they are not performance enhancing.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

as far as the parts support issue. Lets put it this way. I PROMISE you, you will bend a front shock shaft. And its kind of like insurance, it rarely happens, but when it does and you dont have the part, you will have a problem. Good luck because right now, guess what, amain is out of the front shafts. Has been for a while. And other stores are out as well. So then, you simple just cant run the car anymore. and that sucks.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
Those of you frustrated with the D413 parts supply issues keep mentioned considering going with XRay instead. I am just wondering why you don't have 22-4 or B44.3s on your list too? Why just HB or XRay? I am buggy shopping and researching my brains out, this is an honest question, not baiting for a debate.

Other than parts issues, this HB seems like a hell of a car. It looks like parts supply make this not the one though.
At a guess I'd say a lot of people went for the D413 due to its strength and gear diffs, the XRAY is probably the closest thing for strength to it. With the option for the centre diff that people like.

The B44.3 isn't perceived to be as strong as either.

The 22-4 doesn't have the gear diffs & can be a proper handful on high grip tracks.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Myall
At a guess I'd say a lot of people went for the D413 due to its strength and gear diffs, the XRAY is probably the closest thing for strength to it. With the option for the centre diff that people like.

The 22-4 doesn't have the gear diffs & can be a proper handful on high grip tracks.
I know people who had 22-4 they all got rid of them break easy nightmare to work on. 44.3 you buy the kit then need to drop another hundred on it so it doesn't break.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anupam Das
as far as the parts support issue. Lets put it this way. I PROMISE you, you will bend a front shock shaft. And its kind of like insurance, it rarely happens, but when it does and you dont have the part, you will have a problem. Good luck because right now, guess what, amain is out of the front shafts. Has been for a while. And other stores are out as well. So then, you simple just cant run the car anymore. and that sucks.
If AMain doesn't have it then we're all screwed!! Apparently the Google search engine only works on select devices because I found 3 in the US without effort.

Does it seem to be mostly carpet guys having breakage issues with shafts, towers and mounts? I broke and Ackerman bar and rear outer ball cup...that's it. I'm an average club racer at best.

Last edited by Yeti AS3; 02-07-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by turtle189mt
I know people who had 22-4 they all got rid of them break easy nightmare to work on. 44.3 you buy the kit then need to drop another hundred on it so it doesn't break.
I've recently got tid of my 22-4 & gone back to my 2013 XB4, partly because the TLR is a pain to work on, mostly due to the ball diffs being pants, causing the car not to work very well on high grip Astro tracks.

I like the look of the D413, but want a cheaper year then last year, so no new cars for me this year
Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Myall

Thank you guys for the responses, and that all makes sense. My pickle is that my LHS caters mainly to AE and TLR for parts support. I currently run TRF cars with zero local parts and as much as I love the cars, I am tired of having to spend $500 on spare parts that I always have to carry with me. I guess if I want a decent wheeler, I may just have to deal with buying spares and go with it. I will look closer into XRay.

Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
If AMain doesn't have it then we're all screwed!! Apparently the Google search engine ony works on select devices because I found 3 in the US without effort.

Does it seem to be mostly carpet guys having breakage issues with shafts, towers and mounts? I broke and Ackerman bar and rear outer ball cup...that's it. I'm an average club racer at best.
I do have to agree...it was pretty easy

The first link in google had them...tech tip..ebay.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mvrk28
My LHS has had them on back order for awhile, they are holding one for me.
Had mine on order since beginning of January right after everyone was sold out. Do you know when your lhs put them on order?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtle189mt
Had mine on order since beginning of January right after everyone was sold out. Do you know when your lhs put them on order?
I have no idea when they ordered, they just called me and said they'd have it by Wednesday
Old 02-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mvrk28
I have no idea when they ordered, they just called me and said they'd have it by Wednesday
Fingers crossed mine to getting bored. Plus the gf is annoying me lol
Old 02-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Those that are running b5 ends what did u do for the rear on the hub
Old 02-07-2015, 08:16 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fuzzchop
Those that are running b5 ends what did u do for the rear on the hub
the stock parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.