Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm having some trouble programming timing in my Ver 2.0 ESC. I'm using the HW program box, and HW software. When I try to set the boost start RPM, that option is greyed out, and can't be selected. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
I'm having some trouble programming timing in my Ver 2.0 ESC. I'm using the HW program box, and HW software. When I try to set the boost start RPM, that option is greyed out, and can't be selected. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Hey Ryan,
are you using the GT2.0 pro? You may just have the wrong software installed. If it has 508 installed, that's "blinky"
and the timing will be greyed out. You probably should use 428 or 528 stock. This will give you all the settings. I can show you next week if you don't get it sorted out by then.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey Ryan,
are you using the GT2.0 pro? You may just have the wrong software installed. If it has 508 installed, that's "blinky"
and the timing will be greyed out. You probably should use 428 or 528 stock. This will give you all the settings. I can show you next week if you don't get it sorted out by then.
I switched it to the stock profile, and it worked! I had it on the mod mode. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
I switched it to the stock profile, and it worked! I had it on the mod mode. Thanks!
Ah yes,
mod limits the amount of boost to just the turbo stuff.
I've been running blinky so long, I need to brush up on the other programs.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Be careful on the rotor you get. there is a 12.5 rotor with a red band that SP is selling that is NOT Roar legal. it's basically a mod rotor. They have another rotor with a gray band, that is a legal rotor. The tricky part is, the part number is the same
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'd better be careful on what I buy. Wouldn't wanna get a DQ
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi , I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what hb sloperate means?
Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chuggz
Thanks
I am guessing hb is hybrid boost on the reventon pro the slope rate is how many deg of timing u want to come in of every 0.1sec so 8deg/0.1sec puts 8deg of timing every 0.1sec (in 0.2sec it would of added 16deg of timing) which makes it smooth and less kick to the timing as it takes little longer to apply the same amount as say 24deg/0.1sec (which would apply 48deg in 0.2sec)

Hope this help also good way of getting a lower motor/esc temp is running a smaller slope as the more deg you try to add every sec will add load which increases heat
Old 03-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am having trouble with a reventon s:
I rewired the motor/ speed control and now my forward/ reverse is backwards. I recalibrated and checked the throttle reverse on the remote, but I can't seem to change it. Also, when I dont have the sensor cable connected the motor functions fine (except for previous issue) but when I hook up sensor cable the motor seems to be cogged. I tried another sensor cable but it did not help. Should I reflash the firmware and see if it solves the problem? Thanks for any help
Old 03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Sorry I didn't mention that I have a Reventon Pro & a SP MMM 10.5T motor running the 11-20 set mid way.

I read on the speed passion site that Stock0 has "ZERO TIMING "Stock - Blinky" so is this the 508 software?

So all the scrutineer cares about is if the ESC is flashing at Neutral as per the ROAR rules.

But the original question still stands, the Blinky ESC runs no timing So how does Mod 2 with no timing behave differently. Or is it the same?
Answering my own question here. I did some testing of Mod2 vs Sto0 firmware and on a dusty outside track in a hpi blitz and 0 timing I could feel no obvious difference also the brakes felt the same but I am only running 50%.

But I did have a rock lodge itself into my Fan on the ESC which is now not working to well.

So on a Reventon Pro what are safe ESC temps ? I am guessing no higher than 60Deg.

How many people run No fan on there ESC.?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys

I have updated my firmware for my Reventon Pro and put it in the drift mode. Should have forward and reverse. But I am facing a problem whereby sometimes the motor wont reverse. Anyone faced such a problem?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone explain the difference and adjustable parameters of the Speedpassion modify1 software compared to the stock1 software? Is the modify1 software suitable for running a 17.5t motor in stock boosted or am I better to just stick with stock1?
I'm waiting for my new thunder power Z3R 17.5 motor to arrive to, since I spent the last week testing trying to set up my speedpassion to run an LRP X12 17.5 for stock, only to be bashing my head against the motor temps before discovering that the motor is completely knackered...hence the high temps!

I was only running very mild boosting and still reaching 105degrees celcius in 6 minutes at our track

FDR 5.38:1
DRRS 1
HB power 40%
HB max rpm 120k
HB start rpm 5000rpm
HB sloperate 6.0 deg/0.1s

so im thinking if I cant get the motor to behave using the stock1 software, maybe the modify1 software is better suited to my track and driving style if its a milder software

any help appreciated guys,

Chris
Old 03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

The mod1 softwear think only has static timing not boost/turbo timing
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought the 17.5 MMM motor and it arrived at the end of February but I've been having some problems with it. When I accelerate it kind of bogs and hesitates a bit before it gets going. I also noticed it's not any faster than my old Speed Passion motor that had no timing adjustment on it. I thought it was the sensor cable so I ordered a new one and tried that but I still got the same problem. I'm using a Reventon Pro with this motor too to replace the old Citrix ESC I was using before. So I took out the sensor board and did a bit of troubleshooting with a multimeter to test the connections and I noticed that there are two empty solder pads. It looks like a capacitor or resistor should go there but I"m not sure. Can anyone confirm if my sensor board is missing a component in the area I have circled in red?

Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by singlemike
I am having trouble with a reventon s:
I rewired the motor/ speed control and now my forward/ reverse is backwards. I recalibrated and checked the throttle reverse on the remote, but I can't seem to change it. Also, when I dont have the sensor cable connected the motor functions fine (except for previous issue) but when I hook up sensor cable the motor seems to be cogged. I tried another sensor cable but it did not help. Should I reflash the firmware and see if it solves the problem? Thanks for any help
Yes, please try to update/reflash the ESC firmware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.