Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Whats the speed control BEC power rating? servo? I had a similar problem and found out it was my speed controls BEC. The BEC wasn't strong enough to power my high speed servo and motor properly. All I needed to do i buy a extra power cap and plugged it into my receiver. Problem solved.

You can do a quick test and see if that is the problem. Put your car on a stand, turn it on, give the motor some throttle and check if its bogging. If its not then the next step would be - give the motor throttle and move the servo left and right fairly quickly. If its starts to bog or cog then its your BEC.

Hope this helps.
I checked the speed control power rating and it said 6V, 3 amps I think. But even with another servo and other speed controllers I still get the same problem.

Originally Posted by linkless
Since it doesn't appear anyone has answered your question directly, YES, your sensor board is missing one of the pickups. There should be three of them and you only have the two. This will probably freak our your ESC a bit and certainly won't allow you to achieve full power (the ESC likely has to revert to sensorless mode). Contact Speed Passion and have them send you a replacement. I was looking at my collection of sensor boards and see that the soldering jobs on them are all over the map as far as quality.
You're right about it reverting to sensorless mode because that's how it seems to be running. It seems even with the timing at 20° it's still slower than the Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman 17.5 motor I was using before. At my club track I could get a best lap time of 11.9 seconds but with the new 17.5 MMM motor my best lap time was 12.7 seconds. So I still believe it's something to do with the sensor board. I will try contacting Speed Passion but since the warranty is 30 days I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Originally Posted by MattW
erm, NO - check to the left of the red circle, there you will see the 3rd hall sensor I believe.

I think where the red circle is placed, is the space for the temp sensor that SP chooses not to have the OEM fit. GM have in the past used this same sensor board, and on their earlier ones there was this space, the later ones had the sensor.
Maybe there isn't supposed to be a component there so that would mean that something is wrong with one of the three transistors. So I did a quick test with my multimeter in diode test mode and measure between the base and emitter and collector. Two of the transistors are giving the same measurements except the 3rd one. So it seems to be that one of the transistors is faulty.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I just purchased a 17.5 MMM and am wondering a good starting ratio so that I can purchase some pinions. The track I will be racing on has approximately a 120 foot straight.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quick question: when using the wifi module with an iPhone. After I made firmware and ESC adjustments, I didn't have any throttle once done. Am I missing a step before or after connecting via wireless?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by askbob
Quick question: when using the wifi module with an iPhone. After I made firmware and ESC adjustments, I didn't have any throttle once done. Am I missing a step before or after connecting via wireless?
From the Instructions:
In order for the ESC to recognize the transmitter throttle range, the ESC must be calibrated it. The ESC must be calibrated when setting up a new ESC, using a new transmitter, or change the ATV or EPA settings of the radio.

The ESC must be calibrated after each firmware update or the ESC will not work properly. There are 3 points that need to be set, “full throttle”,”full brake” and the neutral point.

This, and you must disconnect the ESC from the app.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default No blinky

I set my firmware on my GT2 pro to V3 508 No timing, but when i plug the battery and turn on the esc, the led isnt blinky, there is only a solid red led. Is the blinking led fried?
Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

None of my GT speedo's blink either. At least not that I can see because how they are mounted in the cars. But if you plug the computer programmer box in it will say 508 no timing. That is how you will have to show the tech guys your running no timing.

On another note does anyone have a starting point for gearing for 17.5 boosted in touring car. Medium track size.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have the Reventon Stock Club Race and would like to adjust the Percentage Braking - ABS and the Percent Drag Brake. Which Program Cards Allow me to do this?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hello,
I have a Trinity 4XS 3800kv motor that I run on 2s in an Off-Road Stadium Truck. I'm looking at Speed Passion ESCs and am wondering which 1/10 ESC would be best to run this motor.
Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,
I'm Pier from Italy,
What is the best configuration for 13.5 MMM for no timing races on carpet with touring 1:10?
Which rotor with sensor unit + 40?
Thks in advance.

PIER
Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durtbag
From the Instructions:
In order for the ESC to recognize the transmitter throttle range, the ESC must be calibrated it. The ESC must be calibrated when setting up a new ESC, using a new transmitter, or change the ATV or EPA settings of the radio.

The ESC must be calibrated after each firmware update or the ESC will not work properly. There are 3 points that need to be set, “full throttle”,”full brake” and the neutral point.

This, and you must disconnect the ESC from the app.

Thanks much!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What battery do I buy

I wonder what battery to buy for my Kyosho RB5 (2WD 1:10 buggy) with Reventon R ESC and Speed Passion 3.0 8,5R (8,5T) motor. Will I ever need a battery that has more than 30C?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Won't start

I have a GT2 Pro with a Hobbywing 10.5 and it will not start from a dead stop. If you bump the motor a little bit it will take off and run fine until you stop again. I have tried two known good sensor wires and two different rx's and wires. This is were it gets strange. If you unhook the sensor wire the motor starts up and runs fine. Has anyone seen this before.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sisson97
I have a GT2 Pro with a Hobbywing 10.5 and it will not start from a dead stop. If you bump the motor a little bit it will take off and run fine until you stop again. I have tried two known good sensor wires and two different rx's and wires. This is were it gets strange. If you unhook the sensor wire the motor starts up and runs fine. Has anyone seen this before.
I exactly have the same issues with my hobbywing xtreme esc. Your esc is pretty much done you need to send it out for service.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

im a brushless noob .i have gt2.0 lpf and the pro programer with 422 stock softwear in it i have boost cut off but no led .is 422 the wrong one for blinky mode .if so can i have a link to the one i need .also what does drrs do. and amts timming .thanks and if any one has a set up for a trinty d3 17.5 2wd buggy super small track
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What's the word on the reventon pro? Are we still having lots of failures or is it solid now? Been out a while. Any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.