Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

I race on both low grip and high grip tracks. Most are around med grip.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Thanks for the pics. Is that just a regular screw (not a ball stud) going into the servo saver. Was wondering whether I'd need to buy a longer ball stud or not....
I'm just using a regular screw with the pivot ball joint. If I had a long ball stud I'd use it with the ball joint end. The ball stud with ball joint end have less play than the pivot ball style (less parts). However, IMO the xray turnbuckle ends are sloppy regardless of the style compared to other brands.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well, I followed Xpress' advice n the steering and it worked wonderfully. I now have even steering both ways and the car is some much more predictable. I will follow these steps in every car I have from now on. In fact, I have a recoil pro that I thought was pointless, the car had a pretty uneven throw and I had just chaulked it up to the design. Well, I followed the details outlined by Xpress and the car drives SOOO much better. If your car doesn't have EPA's close to each other, follow this advice, it is spot on!

100 Karma Points to you!

Now, back to the "Help Mera'din set up his car" thread. I have my T3'11 dialed thanks to you guys! In fact, I finish in 1st place this last Friday. Couldn't have done it without your help. In fact, I think I may now have too much traction and I get some traction roll if i overdrive into the corners.

What is a good way to combat that without too much compromise. I toyed with the idea of only applying traction compound to the inner half of the tire. Is there something else I might give a try. Car is 1000 times better but I can't stop thinking it could be a little better/easier to drive. Here is the vid, I qualified 2nd...Any driving advice would be appreciated as well!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Now...I am not too concerned with the sedan as a few small tweaks and I am set. My VTA setup however could use some TLC. I can't seem to apply the same rules to this car as the sedan due to the weight. VTA cars are pigs. 1550 grams!

I am using the kit setup. You can see in the following video that the car turns really well, the back end really swings around, making the car turn really easy. What do you suggest I do to smooth the car out. I would love to be able to just lay on the throttle the entire time. we are only running FDR of 6.9 with 25.5 motors so speed is not an issue. Here is the vid. One again I qualified 2nd and managed to get in the lead only to blow it by being too twitchy. I find the size of this track to be fun, but difficult to be "nice" as it is hard to get around traffic, the cars are so evenly matched.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'd be tempted to try dropping one tooth on the pinion for the TC.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Well, I followed Xpress' advice n the steering and it worked wonderfully. I now have even steering both ways and the car is some much more predictable. I will follow these steps in every car I have from now on. In fact, I have a recoil pro that I thought was pointless, the car had a pretty uneven throw and I had just chaulked it up to the design. Well, I followed the details outlined by Xpress and the car drives SOOO much better. If your car doesn't have EPA's close to each other, follow this advice, it is spot on!

100 Karma Points to you!

Now, back to the "Help Mera'din set up his car" thread. I have my T3'11 dialed thanks to you guys! In fact, I finish in 1st place this last Friday. Couldn't have done it without your help. In fact, I think I may now have too much traction and I get some traction roll if i overdrive into the corners.

What is a good way to combat that without too much compromise. I toyed with the idea of only applying traction compound to the inner half of the tire. Is there something else I might give a try. Car is 1000 times better but I can't stop thinking it could be a little better/easier to drive. Here is the vid, I qualified 2nd...Any driving advice would be appreciated as well!

Now...I am not too concerned with the sedan as a few small tweaks and I am set. My VTA setup however could use some TLC. I can't seem to apply the same rules to this car as the sedan due to the weight. VTA cars are pigs. 1550 grams!

I am using the kit setup. You can see in the following video that the car turns really well, the back end really swings around, making the car turn really easy. What do you suggest I do to smooth the car out. I would love to be able to just lay on the throttle the entire time. we are only running FDR of 6.9 with 25.5 motors so speed is not an issue. Here is the vid. One again I qualified 2nd and managed to get in the lead only to blow it by being too twitchy. I find the size of this track to be fun, but difficult to be "nice" as it is hard to get around traffic, the cars are so evenly matched.
]
I'll confess the VTA doesn't look too bad, just a tad slow.

Grip roll can be reduced by some of the following;

Higher front roll center at the wishbone.
Narrower rear track
Wider front track
Softer springs.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys looking for some after market drive cups for the new gear diff and I use the 50 mm ecs up front... I hear the spec r are a little longer and allow the bone to sit in the cup more???
Anybody have suggestions and where I can find them in stock???
Old 12-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I'll confess the VTA doesn't look too bad, just a tad slow.

Grip roll can be reduced by some of the following;

Higher front roll center at the wishbone.
Narrower rear track
Wider front track
Softer springs.

Yeah, I am not too concerned with it but thought I would ask. It is a little quick as the back comes around and I need to reduce speed in the corners a bit. It is fun to throw the car to the inside lane and pass when a gap opens. Yeah, they are SLOW, but the class is a ton of fun. There are times when you can go two wide around the entire track with no bad bumps. Very close racing. Can be tough though as it teaches patience as you must file in line behind the slower cars and pass when you can. I am guilty of pushing my way around the track but as i get better hopfully so will my track manners.

Would a softer roll bar help, I have some of those on hand. I though of moving the rear roll bar out to the outer set of holes to try that as well, or was it in?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris08527
Hey guys looking for some after market drive cups for the new gear diff and I use the 50 mm ecs up front... I hear the spec r are a little longer and allow the bone to sit in the cup more???
sidepeiceracing look at the site makes the best drive cups for the spool dont know about the geardiff
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spammy
sidepeiceracing look at the site makes the best drive cups for the spool dont know about the geardiff
Here are the side piece racing "Nikita" spool outdrives. http://www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/

Xray make some steel gear diff outdrives. http://www.redrc.net/2011/11/xray-t3...rive-adapters/

XRAY also have steel outdrives for the spool, similar to the above for the gear diff, but the sidepieceracing ones grab more of the blade.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris08527
I would suggest the Xray steel gear diff outdrives. With a gear diff and blades, you are not going to break the outdrive like with a spool.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I would suggest the Xray steel gear diff outdrives. With a gear diff and blades, you are not going to break the outdrive like with a spool.
Tech I agree but can't find them in stock anywhere... Also is that a different blade part #???
Old 12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=23514

XRAY product # for the steel diff outdrives: 304971
XRAY product # for 3.5mm blades: 305241

It helps to use the product numbers when googling.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Yeah, I am not too concerned with it but thought I would ask. It is a little quick as the back comes around and I need to reduce speed in the corners a bit. It is fun to throw the car to the inside lane and pass when a gap opens. Yeah, they are SLOW, but the class is a ton of fun. There are times when you can go two wide around the entire track with no bad bumps. Very close racing. Can be tough though as it teaches patience as you must file in line behind the slower cars and pass when you can. I am guilty of pushing my way around the track but as i get better hopfully so will my track manners.

Would a softer roll bar help, I have some of those on hand. I though of moving the rear roll bar out to the outer set of holes to try that as well, or was it in?
I don't think roll bars would be the best choice as you'll start to lose the balance front/rear and some turn in.

Try the wishbone roll centre holders as they were supplied with the kit.
Either run all the +0.75's at the front (try that first), or possibly anti-squat, which would be to have the 0.75mm difference between the RC holders at the front of the front wishbones and the rear of the front wishbones.

Those two options won't cost anything to try as the bits come with the kit
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I don't think roll bars would be the best choice as you'll start to lose the balance front/rear and some turn in.

Try the wishbone roll centre holders as they were supplied with the kit.
Either run all the +0.75's at the front (try that first), or possibly anti-squat, which would be to have the 0.75mm difference between the RC holders at the front of the front wishbones and the rear of the front wishbones.

Those two options won't cost anything to try as the bits come with the kit

That is for the traction roll right? Any advice on the VTA? I have some softer and harder roll bars that came with my car. I'd have to look at what I have. I do know I have some softer fronts (1.3).
Old 12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I'd be tempted to try dropping one tooth on the pinion for the TC.

Any particulat reason, something you observed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.