Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello, new to the forums today. Last car I had was the original Kyosho Ultima back in 1987! Looks like things have changed but many of the players are the same. Currently deciding between the B5MLite and the TLR 22 3.0 for my return car. Plan to choose by the weekend. Been having a great time researching the new stuff the last couple weeks! When I was younger, I didn't really have the opportunity to race on a track, now I have 5 or 6 tracks within 30 miles it seems.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks!

Learning all over again. Been out 20+ years. Just got my first couple monster trucks last year, now HB buggies! Gonna be fun and expensive,but I'm all in!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

Brand new to the forums and RC. Running a SC10.2, Reedy Blackbox 410R, 10.5T Mach3 Reedy, powered by SMC lipos.

I am learning something new every day it seems.

Glad I have found this hobby! Although my bank account may say otherwise .

Justin
Old 04-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all not new to rc but new to this site, Name is Mike and I have three boys who love to go trailing out here in Victoria. have three scx10's an alligator fan boat and a nqd jet boat also a sub that needs work lol
Old 04-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

My name is Eric and I am completely new to the hobby. 25yrs old (going on 26) and have never picked up a remote. I actually don't even own a ride as of yet, still researching and trying to see what I want to do. All I know right now is that I want to get into oval racing. Saw one of the local clubs racing up the road from my house here in Pensacola, Fl and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Look forward to scouring the forums and soaking up some knowledge.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Old AND New at the same time....

Hi, I'm totally new to RC, started racing in 1953 on local bike tracks, then went to Drag racing in the late fifties and sixties....motorcycle pro flat track racing in the seventies to late seventies then on to racing stock car sportsman and modifieds....later went on to competition water skiing in the nineties and up until a couple years ago.....then on to the Drag Racing and Drag racing club wars on Android devices......tired of NOT being on a real track so I just laid out a large Short Course track in the center of a 1/8 mile flat track in my back pasture, I also have a 1/4 mile motorcycle grass flat track in the side pasture area.....looking to do some racing everywhere on the property, now that my horses are all gone....new to the sport and Old to the world at almost 73 yrs old......South Kentucky....
Old 04-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New from PA

Always liked the hobby. Thinking about getting a new buggy and getting back into it.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Hello

Hi everyone. Recently got back into rc with my son (mainly bashing). I want to start trying on-road and see if I like it. Also try some drifting. Not really sure where to begin lol. I have a AE Apex Scion but I guess I'll need something better... Any help with entry level classes and vehicles would be greatly appreciated. Looking to meet like minded individuals also.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys, i just signed up and i would like to know how to start a thread if possible. Also I live in Mammoth Lakes ca and at about 7500-8000 feet. i just recently bought a new 1/8 nitro, its my first nitro but defenitly not my first car. im having trouble with the high altitude tuning and if anyone could help me out that would be great!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, name is Suren. Just got my first RC as a present, a TT02.
I'm a huge car geek, and I also like making photo posts of progress. Speaking of which, I can't link my imgur stuff over, apparently there's a set post limit. Anybody knows the amount of posts I need to make?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello!

I'm Danny, and have been in R/C off and on since the 80s. My first car was a Tamiya Hornet. My friend had a Fast Attack and we would bash around the neighborhood.

I got into racing soon after with a Tamiya Frog, and then made the switch to Kyosho.

I've been building cars off and on since! Just recently restored a Kyosho Sideways and have been stock class racing with Associated SC and B4.

Just recently bought another Touring Car. Looks like I'm headed back to the pavement.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi I am new to rc car forums but have messed about with rc cars in the mid 80s. And a couple of years ago got a Tamiya tt02 for fun. I was not going to modify it but still have. I use to race I doors on a wooden for with 2wd buggies and early stadium trucks.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

What is an early stadium truck?
Old 05-31-2016, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello, I am new to R/C period (up until 3 days ago, I had no idea hobby level cars came completely disassembled): my brother got me a 4x4 Stampede VXL this past X-Mas but I only recently really got it out due to the weather and, well, I'm hooked. I am looking to get into racing and building my first car or tearing down and upgrading a used one.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all! I am not necessarily new to the hobby, but I've been out of it for a long time. I raced infrequently when I was a kid with an RC10 (still have it, would never want to sell it). I sucked.

In the early 2000's I raced for a summer or two, on-road with a TC3. It was a lot of fun, but didn't have the mad-money to support the hobby.

Trying again now that I discovered a decent off-road track in the area - I am going to be asking a LOT of questions here as I basically have no clue how to tune for track conditions and a lot has changed since my last stint.

You all seem really knowledgeable and I hope to learn from everyone here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.