Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just noticed this tread, I have been stalking around getting information every now and then. now i have kids who are coming of RC age and am looking to get more involved, plus just moved out west, losts of places to take crawlers! Looks like I know 3 things that have to come on vacation.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Newbian,
From melbourne, AUS.
Associated offroad loyal getting back into it.
Plenty of tech info on this forum of noticed!

Cheers,
Old 02-10-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello folks!

I'm new to nitro racing but not new to nitro. My dad used to race on-road nitros when i was younger. I finally decided to get into it and have full support from him. Cant wait to be the next father/son duo! We got a 4wd buggy for a really good deal at our local shop! Tekno NB-48 with an Alpha-Ryan Lutz Worlds Edition motor and pipe. Were both excited to start this coming nitro season.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,

Been lurking around here, officially decided to join today. I got a Traxxas Rustler when I was 10 or 11 (not sure what model year - maybe a 2005 or 2006?) and had a ton of fun bashing the stock car. Then when I got my license I took to modifying real cars - had 2 WRXs and spent way too much money on both. Now saving for a wedding and on a tight budget (bye bye Subies) so I decided to dust off my old Rusty. Currently in the process of completely rebuilding the car with aftermarket parts. Not sure what I want to focus of the build to be just yet, but definitely track oriented. This seems to be a great place to absorb knowledge and have fun. PM me if you're in the Denver area! Looking to make friends in the hobby.

Best,
Austin
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Hi

Hi all. Into bashing and dirt oval and offroad. Total Newby as I had fun with my dad as a kid with a couple of rcs. Ryan
Old 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New guy here from New Jersey, was big into racing back in the 90s. Ran 1/10 scale stadium truck and buggy, electric. Decided to get back into the game after about 15 years. Lots has changed from what I've seen, slight learning curve ahead. haha
Old 02-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi! I'm not exactly new to the sport, but from reading around the forum, I'm definitely still a beginner. Thanks in advance to everyone that helps out along the way as I get back into an old hobby.

Sadly, my 4yo daughter hasn't shown a ton of interest, but my 1yo son is already going nuts, so there's hope for him to give me an excuse to keep buying rc stuff.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey! New to the forums, I actually already posted some threads, please help out on the latest one about me wanting to get more into racing if you can. I'm running a stock slash 4x4 but I'm actually pretty knowledgable in RC. (Or at least I think so haha)
Old 03-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys and gals, another newbie addition to the RC world. Got into this hobby because I liked building the cars more than driving them, but that's starting to change with my recent fun at the Norcal indoor track.

Axial: SCX10, Wraith, Yeti
Losi: 8ight - 3e, 5ive-T
XRAY: XB4 '16
Old 03-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello all I just got back into rc's after a 15 year hiatus but this time around I'm running nitros. I already own 3 that I bought used, repaired/restored and have already gotten pretty decent at tuning! That's partly thanks to all the great articles and threads I've found here so I decided to sign up today
Old 03-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys.

After 30+ years since I owned a car I have jumped back in big time.

Does anyone recall those old RC Modeler mags from the 80s, they had the best ads back then(no www). I remember seeing the Kyosho Vanning 1/8 buggy and couldn't imagine such a beast. I vowed to own a car like that some day. It only took a few decades(I did a lot of RC flying in that time), but now I have a 1/8 e buggy and I'm super impressed how far cars have come and having a lot of fun.

Last edited by lolagt; 03-20-2016 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Back and ready to Race

Haven't been on this page for a while

Got my browser upgraded so I can get to it now

Adam's Creek RC park closed down from what I here

Guess I will have to build a track in Talala
Old 03-21-2016, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys!

I haven't raced for 25+ years and at the time it was 1/10 offroad, but I've finally got my first 1/10 EP onroad car assembled and am ready to race (well practice first I guess). If there is anyone here, who happens to live in the Tokyo area of Japan and is looking for someone to practice with, please pm me. If you know of any good race track around here, please let me know.

Best regards,
Johan
Old 03-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Not new, but time has passed me by

So I used to club race the stock class a little back when the Losi MF1 was high tech, and know the basics of the cars. What's got me is how much the battery and esc game has changed in the 10 years I've been gone. I'm going to get back into it and have no idea where to start when it comes to esc and batteries.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Howdy. New to the forums. Been out of the RC scene for over 20 years.

Started back in with a Slash 2wd VXL and started working on getting it track worthy. It's a challenge, but have since picked up an Associated BM5 CE which I'll be building tonight.

Looking forward to using these forums as a resource.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.