Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IMAX B6 discharge problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default IMAX B6 discharge problem

Hey guys! I just joined this community and it seems like a good place for help.

I recently purchased a iMax B6 charger (clone). I've been charging some 18650s and it's been working great! I tried the discharge feature on the IMAX and it didn't work so well. It finished discharging to 3.0v and a mah of 1016. I then took out the battery and checked it with my multimeter, only to find that it was at 3.6v not 3.0v.

At this point I tried charging the battery and dishcharging again, same result.

I know that it's a cheap clone but I don't think that's the issue here. Is there a setting that I missed?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Is the charger saying it is complete, or is it timing out? Discharge cycles take much longer and it could be timing out (this is adjustable). You say a "18650" but I'm assuming you mean something like an 1850mAh? Are you discharging with the balance plug connected?
Old 05-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

A battery will restore itself when the load is gone. Beside that, the discharge voltage is set under load, with the internal resisistance the real (internal) voltage of the battery is always a bit higher.

And last option causing the error is a resistance in the cables.....
Old 05-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Juice
Is the charger saying it is complete, or is it timing out? Discharge cycles take much longer and it could be timing out (this is adjustable). You say a "18650" but I'm assuming you mean something like an 1850mAh? Are you discharging with the balance plug connected?
An 18650 is a common 1 cell lithium battery designed to fit where 2x CR123A would fit, such as flashlights and vaporizers. 18mm wide X 650mm long.