Like Tree63Likes

Futaba 7PX

Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 10:50 PM
  #31  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
H83R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queen Creek, Az.
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Futaba 7PX-img_0668.jpg

Just so you guys know, its only going to be $599.99 coming out possibly late July. & if it actually stays that price, its only about $50.00 more than the 4PX-R
H83R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:01 AM
  #32  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Default

Originally Posted by Kaifd3s View Post
Daym! guess my 4PXR is no longer the top of the food chain....LOL..
Don't stress as I would be happy to buy your 4PXR!
TG007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:56 AM
  #33  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
beyondthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have been holding off and doing my due diligence for my next replacement. Loved my M8, and research for me had the 4PKS-R as a phenomenal replacement. Most radio's at the track are M12's. but for the life of me I can't get the proper feel out of one. Same with the 4PX Futaba. I really liked the KO EX RR, and was really headed in that direction. But now this release from Futaba may have put my plans on hold. I must say, as a owner of there radio's, they never once let me down.
beyondthepack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:54 PM
  #34  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

wonder what T-FHSS SR will bring to the table. In the past Futaba always stress data security over everything. Sanwa recently has the response times on lock down. Wonder if the new protocol is aimed at faster response times or just a name sake. Maybe 5ghz systems next?
tobyzhang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:32 PM
  #35  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
sickpuppy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gardner,KS
Posts: 1,623
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

5ghz would be shorter range
sickpuppy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:30 PM
  #36  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
5ghz would be shorter range
faster theorotical bandwidth but yea way weaker penetration and range. Probably still not bad for small indoor tracks.
tobyzhang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:42 PM
  #37  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
darnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 951
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
wonder what T-FHSS SR will bring to the table. In the past Futaba always stress data security over everything. Sanwa recently has the response times on lock down. Wonder if the new protocol is aimed at faster response times or just a name sake. Maybe 5ghz systems next?
The SR stands for Super Response. It is supposed to offer the speed and resolution of a Fasst rx under the S-Fhss platform according to two Futaba techs. Hopefully this platform and Rx usage can/will be ported to the 4Px Tx as well since S-Fhss Rx's are less expensive than Fasst Rx's.

Update: Condac's independent testing now shows that the T-Fhss is the fastest Rx (for the 4pX) by a full 1ms over the Fasst Rx, and 5ms over the S-Fhss. Condac's testing also revealed that running the telemetry messes up the average latency by another 1ms, despite Futaba's claims to the contrary. What was also found was that the T-Fhss actually INCREASED the Tx frame rate from 148hz with the S-Fhss, and 303hz with the Fasst Rx, to 333hz with the T-Fhss.

Hopefully the new SR Rx's will actually be faster both in minimum and average latency than the T-Fhss, AND hopefully it will also increase the Tx framerate. The M12, MT4-S, and M12-S all have Tx Framerates of 384hz, so Futaba is behind here. At least the independent testing showed that the 4pX with Race Mode on, and using the T-Fhss (304) with Telemetry off had a minimum latency of 2.1ms and a frame rate of 333hz. We'll see.
Lordzod likes this.

Last edited by darnold; 07-10-2017 at 11:02 AM.
darnold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:51 PM
  #38  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by darnold View Post
The SR stands for Super Response. It is supposed to offer the speed and resolution of a Fasst rx under the S-Fhss platform according to two Futaba techs. Hopefully this platform and Rx usage can/will be ported to the 4Px Tx as well since S-Fhss Rx's are less expensive than Fasst Rx's.

Update: Condac's independent testing now shows that the T-Fhss is the fastest Rx (for the 4pX) by a full 1ms over the Fasst Rx, and 5ms over the S-Fhss. Condac's testing also revealed that running the telemetry messes up the average latency by another 1ms, despite Futaba's claims to the contrary. What was also found was that the T-Fhss actually INCREASED the Tx frame rate from 148hz with the S-Fhss, and 303hz with the Fasst Rx, to 333hz with the T-Fhss.

Hopefully the new SR Rx's will actually be faster both in minimum and average latency than the T-Fhss, AND hopefully it will also increase the Tx framerate. The M12, MT4-S, and M12-S all have Tx Framerates of 384hz, so Futaba is behind here. At least the independent testing showed that the 4pX with Race Mode on, and using the T-Fhss (304) with Telemetry off had a minimum latency of 2.1ms and a frame rate of 333hz. We'll see.
Are there any links to the independent test?
tobyzhang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:07 PM
  #39  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
darnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 951
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Check this page out, plus the one before and the one after for full context:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...a-4px-152.html

also here for Condac's site:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...m-results.html
darnold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:47 PM
  #40  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
Default

7PX will be a 7 channel surface radio, and it will be sell with a 4CH receiver

Which Futaba receiver I must will use to adopt all 7 channels ?
papuan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:10 AM
  #41  
Tech Apprentice
 
HPIFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 81
Default

ive been using a Ko Helios with an original Spektrum pro DSM module. recently ive found myself needing a few more receivers so I started browsing the net to buy some. to my surprise, its getting very difficult to find DSM receivers anymore lol. guess its been a while since ive had to buy one. well, guess its time to update. someone at the track told me about futabas new 7px so I figure I might as well give it a try since ive never heard of anyone owning a futaba radio and NOT liking it. sort of looking forward to the response jump from the old DSM to this new super response deal :P
JRSlash likes this.
HPIFreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:26 PM
  #42  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Marathon, Florida
Posts: 73
Default

Originally Posted by HPIFreak View Post
ive been using a Ko Helios with an original Spektrum pro DSM module. recently ive found myself needing a few more receivers so I started browsing the net to buy some. to my surprise, its getting very difficult to find DSM receivers anymore lol. guess its been a while since ive had to buy one. well, guess its time to update. someone at the track told me about futabas new 7px so I figure I might as well give it a try since ive never heard of anyone owning a futaba radio and NOT liking it. sort of looking forward to the response jump from the old DSM to this new super response deal :P
What's screwy is that I could feel a difference between my Futaba 3PMX, FASST R603FS, running between PPM and HRS. my turn and apex timing was way off between the two. I could not feel the difference between my 3PMX HRS FASST and my 4PLS w/R304sb at 5.5ms. I could feel the difference between my 4PLS and my Spektrum DX4C. huge. The Spektrum was horrible. However, I can't feel the difference between the 4PLS w/R304 at 5.5 and my 4PX w/R304 at ? In Hand feel,i liked the 4pls a little better than the 4px but that's probably because I used the 4pls for so long I am used to it. So I really wonder, once we get down to sub 5ms how effective is the cost per benefit at this point? All my servos are in the .07 to .12 range so they are likely the bottleneck at this point. I'm running Futaba s-bus Gen servos but they're not the latest and newest so I'm not sure I'd benefit from the 7px. Not yet anyway.
Phantom56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:17 AM
  #43  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Phantom56 View Post
What's screwy is that I could feel a difference between my Futaba 3PMX, FASST R603FS, running between PPM and HRS. my turn and apex timing was way off between the two. I could not feel the difference between my 3PMX HRS FASST and my 4PLS w/R304sb at 5.5ms. I could feel the difference between my 4PLS and my Spektrum DX4C. huge. The Spektrum was horrible. However, I can't feel the difference between the 4PLS w/R304 at 5.5 and my 4PX w/R304 at ? In Hand feel,i liked the 4pls a little better than the 4px but that's probably because I used the 4pls for so long I am used to it. So I really wonder, once we get down to sub 5ms how effective is the cost per benefit at this point? All my servos are in the .07 to .12 range so they are likely the bottleneck at this point. I'm running Futaba s-bus Gen servos but they're not the latest and newest so I'm not sure I'd benefit from the 7px. Not yet anyway.
I think the reason you weren't able to perceive a difference between 4pls and 4px running on R304 is because they probably have almost same latency. You can kind of imply by using the same receiver you will have the same frame rates of transmitting and receiving. The only thing that will make a difference is the TX signal processor basically. But it's all speculation at this point until someone conduct the test.

My personal take on it is you can probably feel the difference in speed between a 4px and m12s but it won't make a appreciable difference unless you are very top of your game. I agree it's a diminishing return thing and I think at below 5ms we are probably very close to human limits already.

To me mechanical feel and ergonomics is a little more important once the latency becomes the bottle neck.
darnold likes this.
tobyzhang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:56 PM
  #44  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
darnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 951
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
I think the reason you weren't able to perceive a difference between 4pls and 4px running on R304 is because they probably have almost same latency. You can kind of imply by using the same receiver you will have the same frame rates of transmitting and receiving. The only thing that will make a difference is the TX signal processor basically. But it's all speculation at this point until someone conduct the test.

My personal take on it is you can probably feel the difference in speed between a 4px and m12s but it won't make a appreciable difference unless you are very top of your game. I agree it's a diminishing return thing and I think at below 5ms we are probably very close to human limits already.

To me mechanical feel and ergonomics is a little more important once the latency becomes the bottle neck.
Good points. It seems like different people truly can feel a difference between Latency that is below 5ms, -and/or-, a Tx Frame-rates that are above 300hz (with digital servos). The latency seems to aide consistency via better "response resolution" (more of the input is actualized). The frame-rate aides steering fidelity and holding power (finer steering control and more steering power from the servo for the car).
The 4pX changes both latency AND frame-rate depending upon what rx you are using. So it is possible that if you use an Sfhss rx with both a 4pL and a 4pX that you won't see a difference, but then if you change to a Fasst rx you could. What would be interesting would be if Condac could test a 4pL with each of the three rx's to see what both the latency, and the Tx frame-rates are so that we could know for sure.
Condac's tests also found another anomaly pertaining to latency and Tx frame-rates based upon rebinding the systems. Condac found that you have to rebind these systems, sometimes more than once or twice, when you make changes in response rates and rx's for them to actualize those settings.
Any of these situations (rx, response rate settings, rebinding after settings are made) seems like they can affect a driver's feel between different systems.
darnold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:19 AM
  #45  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Josh L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville VA
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I find it interesting that no one has pointed out the fact it has the N symbol on the top of the battery hold! That is the NFC symbol for those who don't know. No more fiddling with getting your apps to hook up. So long as NFC is on in your phone settings, you should be able to just touch the devices together and get linked without doing anything else.

(EDIT)

So I did find info confirming the NFC!
RIPMAX - 7PX
This is the best write up and pic thread I have seen on it thus far to those who want to see some more
tobyzhang and H83R like this.

Last edited by Josh L; 07-25-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Josh L is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service