Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Futaba R304SB won't link with 3PV?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Futaba R304SB won't link with 3PV?

So I've tried to scour the net and all the answers found proved pointless. Here's the situation;

I run a Futaba 3PV and for Channel 1 I run my Xray XB4 whereas Channel 2 runs my Traxxas Slash.

I decided to build a new Team Associated B6 and I had everything except a receiver. Figured since I don't use the Slash much, I'd take the Futaba R304SB out of it and put it into my new B6.

Fired up the B6 in an attempt to connect my receiver to my transmitter and it won't link. I've tried a variety of methods such as;

Channel 3 on my transmitter, and tried all different servo types in my radio's menu, and attempted to link to no avail.

Back to Channel 2 on my transmitter (where the Slash was connected) and attempted to link to no avail.

I swapped out my lipo battery in my RC to a freshly charged one and also swapped out the batteries in my transmitter.

The only thing I haven't done so far is program my ESC but I don't think that would prevent my receiver from linking to my transmitter?

I also haven't swapped the receiver back into the Slash since I yanked it out, but I can say the receiver is no more than 1 month old and it has never seen water or dirt. The receiver also worked days ago in the Slash so I doubt the receiver is bad.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out
Old 04-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

only thing I can suggest is make sure the speed control wire plugged into the receiver the right way.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We you power on the receiver power light comes on? I have 4 of the 304sb , only difficulty I had was when she failed to power up and it turned out to be that it was fried.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:28 AM
Tech Lord

Did you set the receiver to the right protocol ?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

+1 on the protocol. Not sure if Futaba works similar to Sanwa but when I bind a new receiver, I have to make sure the radio protocol is set appropriately in my radio. For me it's FH4, FH3, FH2 etc. For you it'd be S-FHSS, T-FHSS and FHSS. And for that receiver I believe you need to be in T-FHSS mode.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
+1 on the protocol. Not sure if Futaba works similar to Sanwa but when I bind a new receiver, I have to make sure the radio protocol is set appropriately in my radio. For me it's FH4, FH3, FH2 etc. For you it'd be S-FHSS, T-FHSS and FHSS. And for that receiver I believe you need to be in T-FHSS mode.
Yup. What he said.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

I think I had a similar problem recently. I had a R304SB already bound to my 4PX, & after a ESC/motor change it wouldn't work, no led. I thought the ESC was bad, I was wrong. I had a BN R204GF-E so I switched protocol & everything is fine. I still don't know if the R304SB is any good. I know my post isn't any help, but I'm curious as to what your issue maybe. I would check what above posts state, power & protocol.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
only thing I can suggest is make sure the speed control wire plugged into the receiver the right way.
Yep.

I switched it (ensuring the center plug is in the center) and no changes.

Originally Posted by Oldbutlearning
We you power on the receiver power light comes on? I have 4 of the 304sb , only difficulty I had was when she failed to power up and it turned out to be that it was fried.
When I power the ESC up, the receiver does light up RED as it should. The LED flickers (meaning little/no receiption) and stays off shortly after.

Pressing SW does enable the LED to turn on and stay on in RED for awhile as if it's attempting to bind to my transmitter.

All signs point to the receiver working as it should.

Originally Posted by Roelof
Did you set the receiver to the right protocol ?
I mentioned doing so in my post already.

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Originally Posted by Thrifty
Yup. What he said.
As stated, I tried this in my post already on a pre-existing channel (that the receiver used to be bound to) as well as a new channel.

This receiver has been bound before to my transmitter when it was in a different vehicle.

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya
I think I had a similar problem recently. I had a R304SB already bound to my 4PX, & after a ESC/motor change it wouldn't work, no led. I thought the ESC was bad, I was wrong. I had a BN R204GF-E so I switched protocol & everything is fine. I still don't know if the R304SB is any good. I know my post isn't any help, but I'm curious as to what your issue maybe. I would check what above posts state, power & protocol.
I've tried switching protocol and nothing.

I was hoping to be as thorough as possible in my OP but I guess not.

The receiver has been bound to my 3PV before; only thing different now is I have it connected to a new ESC (that turns on just fine) and new motor.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need help too. Been trying to connect for a while now, no luck. What is switching the protocol? Seems to be a problem. Directions are very fuzzy.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RsA89
I need help too. Been trying to connect for a while now, no luck. What is switching the protocol? Seems to be a problem. Directions are very fuzzy.
I haven't had time to look at my RC again since I posted this but I'll be going to the hobby shop tomorrow for help diagnosing my issue.

If we find a solution, I'll report back.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Here is the 3PV manual check pages 14 & 16. http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/3pv-manual.pdf
1badrc likes this.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got it connected. Have to make sure the wires are plugged in the right direction. Getting the hang of the controller. Confusing at first but starting to make sense.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Got it connected. Have to make sure the wires are plugged in the right direction. Getting the hang of the controller. Confusing at first but starting to make sense.
You stated in post #8 that everything was correct.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
You stated in post #8 that everything was correct.
You're confusing me for the OP.

I was very thorough in stating everything I've already done. The suggestions that followed afterward were things I've already tried.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwikvette
You're confusing me for the OP.

I was very thorough in stating everything I've already done. The suggestions that followed afterward were things I've already tried.
Missed that, my over site...sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.