Search
Like Tree84Likes

Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by savage24x
So after about a year with my RX8 GEN3 and T8 G3, it started running in reverse one day. Radio settings have not changed whatsoever. Motor wiring has not changed. Any ideas?

I bet I put the diffs in backwards. Wow. I need a beer!!
I don't know... last time I had trouble doing a rebuild on my car was because I had a beer.
savage24x and xfbaap like this.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone having issues with getting V276 for the Gen3 stuff through the apple store? Tekin website has a link to click but the last time the app was updated was a year ago. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I asked this question in the Gen2 thread but you Gen3 guys might be able to help.

"Just brought a RC8B3e that came with a Gen2 RX8.

Question is about the cooling fan. It starts when you power it up but after about 5 seconds it shuts down, normal?

Most other ESC's I've used the fan just runs start to stop but does this start and stop as needed?

I haven't actually run the buggy yet to see what the fan does over the run, thought I'd check before hand."
Old 08-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Craig1
I asked this question in the Gen2 thread but you Gen3 guys might be able to help.

"Just brought a RC8B3e that came with a Gen2 RX8.

Question is about the cooling fan. It starts when you power it up but after about 5 seconds it shuts down, normal?

Most other ESC's I've used the fan just runs start to stop but does this start and stop as needed?

I haven't actually run the buggy yet to see what the fan does over the run, thought I'd check before hand."
Totally normal. It's a fan check feature so you know the fan works and then it turns on when the ESC reaches 140 degrees or so. Using hotwire, you can change the fan settings to be always on if you'd like.

Originally Posted by Mikeand22
Anyone having issues with getting V276 for the Gen3 stuff through the apple store? Tekin website has a link to click but the last time the app was updated was a year ago. Thanks for the help.
The iOS version was just recently sent to the team for testing. I'm not sure how long it will take until it turns up in the App Store, but my guess would be 2-4 weeks.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Issues with rx3

First of all I would like to say that I am extremely excited with this esc. I have tried Orion and hobbywing but this makes my e817v2 go smoothly like a nitro. Just 2 issues that I can't seem to get rid of. After ta fullgood throttle at the straight, when I apply a quick full brake the ESC automatically brakes more after I release brake and pulls the throttle. It really destroys my entry in the next corner. I can't seem to get rid of it. Which setting is it that makes it so?
also I am having trouble with connect with my android phone to the hotwire Bluetooth. I am now using an old iPad for that. The hotwire app from gplay can't do the trick. Any fix for that? Also I am not running with sensor able since I can't fit it in the hot bodies e817. The space between motor and ESC are too narrow and will crush the contact.
Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I am experiencing something very annoying. After a runs down the straight, full throttle as I apply quick hard brake and then pushes throttle again the ESC brakes as I pull the throttle lever making it very difficult to take corners after a high speed straight. What setting am I missing out on? It almost locks up! Very heavy brake.
I am running tekin rx8 gen3 with tekin 2050 gen 3 motor. No sensor wiring. This stuff is the best I have tried out of any castle, Orion, or hobbywing combo have tried yet. Too bad I had to import this to Sweden. Or lucky me, cause this gives me a big advantage on my races. ��
Old 08-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sundling
I am experiencing something very annoying. After a runs down the straight, full throttle as I apply quick hard brake and then pushes throttle again the ESC brakes as I pull the throttle lever making it very difficult to take corners after a high speed straight. What setting am I missing out on? It almost locks up! Very heavy brake.
I am running tekin rx8 gen3 with tekin 2050 gen 3 motor. No sensor wiring. This stuff is the best I have tried out of any castle, Orion, or hobbywing combo have tried yet. Too bad I had to import this to Sweden. Or lucky me, cause this gives me a big advantage on my races. ��
I don't the understand the question fully. Are you saying that the car keeps brake when you're pulling the throttle?

And buy a sensor wire. This motor/esc is even better with the sensor wire installed. I have driven my combo 1 day without sensor cable because it broke and I didn't had a spare. While it worked, the throttle lagged a bit and it was hard to time jumps. With the sensor cable, this is much easier to time.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sundling
I agree with Morgoth and recommend using a sensor cable. The only setting I can think of that might make the motor feel like its braking when you get back on the throttle is Active Drag. If you don't have that or Active brakes enabled, I can't think of any settings that would make the motor continue to brake when you get back on the throttle.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

I have install the new Hotwire PC application, but I'm not sure how to update the Hotwire device. I can only choose firmware version 272 for my RX8 V3.
I thought 276 should be available by now?
Old 08-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Krio
I agree with Morgoth and recommend using a sensor cable. The only setting I can think of that might make the motor feel like its braking when you get back on the throttle is Active Drag. If you don't have that or Active brakes enabled, I can't think of any settings that would make the motor continue to brake when you get back on the throttle.
Reason for not running with sensor wire is that it won't fit in my hbe817. The port on the back of the motor gets too close to the ESC and will probably get squished whenever chassis flex. Yes, the car locks up in brake when I move from full brake to throttle. It almost stands on the front wheels for a splitsecond making me loose all traction. The active brake is disabled and I have set coasting to about 25 of 100 for smoother run when off throttle, for a more nitro feel when I'm looking for the correct speed entering corners. Thought removing active brake would solve it but it don't. There was one reply earlier in this thread with similar problem but it looked like he has a broken sensor wire which I don't. However I don't feel the necessity to use sensor in 1:8, and especially not with this system as it is perfectly smooth without it. I feel that a sensor wire is just one more thing that can make things go wrong in a race. Would be happy if someone hava a solution or some suggestion for a setup that might be wrong.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RV8 Gen3 and Futaba CB700 servo question. I have a couple of these servos and on the box it says no BEC, do I need to turn off the BEC in the esc?
Old 08-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kev1966
RV8 Gen3 and Futaba CB700 servo question. I have a couple of these servos and on the box it says no BEC, do I need to turn off the BEC in the esc?
From what I've read on those servos, it is more of a disclaimer than anything. They don't want to be held responsible for damaging the BEC in your speed control The BEC in the RX8 Gen3 is rated at 5.5 amps, which is much higher than the typical BEC. I don't think you need to do anything special to use that servo.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morgoth
I have install the new Hotwire PC application, but I'm not sure how to update the Hotwire device. I can only choose firmware version 272 for my RX8 V3.
I thought 276 should be available by now?
The hotwire should update on it's own when you connect it. I would recommend completely un-installing your current version of Hotwire and try a fresh download and installation to see if that helps.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krio
The hotwire should update on it's own when you connect it. I would recommend completely un-installing your current version of Hotwire and try a fresh download and installation to see if that helps.
Nvm, I should sleep a bit more. I saw only V276 and not V272 as I thought first.
Everything is OK now!

But the iOS app is a bit buggy now It doesn't preload the values anymore in the overview screens and when I try to make an adjustment, my current value is a bit off screen and it's not very clear. I'm using and iPhone XS Max. Not sure if other phones have it as well?
Old 08-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morgoth
Nvm, I should sleep a bit more. I saw only V276 and not V272 as I thought first.
Everything is OK now!

But the iOS app is a bit buggy now It doesn't preload the values anymore in the overview screens and when I try to make an adjustment, my current value is a bit off screen and it's not very clear. I'm using and iPhone XS Max. Not sure if other phones have it as well?
I'm always in favor of more sleep. Work and kids always get in the way of my naps.

A fresh version of the iOS app should be out very soon. Hopefully this fixes those glitches?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.