Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Reviewing the data requires a PC. The Bluetooth HW lets you make adjustments to the ESC with the car plugged into the battery and powered on. It's nice because you can adjust things essentially on the fly simply by bringing the car to the pit, hitting 'connect' with the app from the phone, make the adjustment, click apply, and then click drive.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you have to recalibrate every time you change a setting on your Tx like most other mfg? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
Do you have to recalibrate every time you change a setting on your Tx like most other mfg? Thanks.
Like what? anything with the trigger I always do. if its steering I don't
brokenmoto likes this.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:19 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No, you only need to re calibrate if you update your software or do a manual factory reset.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Delay when going from brake to throttle ?

I have a gen 3 with in a E buggy with a Tekin 1900 motor. When braking on the face of a jump and going back to power in the air 80% of the time there is a delay in the ESC going back to forward power. I have the same setup in another E buggy with no issues. Any ideas on what to check would be much appreciated. Again I wish to eliminate the quarter to half second delay when going from brake to forward power.

Mark
Old 04-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello, totally late to the party! Have a question?!?

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Thank you ! We really do put out heart and soul into these products and consider every customer part of our family. We are one of the few companies left that is family owned and operated and really designs the products that keep the technology moving forward instead of just picking a color...

The HW3.0 with Blue tooth is very close.... We have had a few unexpected delays.
So my question, does the rx8 gen 3 have turbo timing or is there a firmware upgrade for it. I like boost timing but tends to heat things up a bit. Much prefer big turbo for full throttle straights, your motors and esc handle low end like no other. Getting beat on straights with others with turbo! Gearing and boost as high as temps can handle. Much rather pull back boost a bit I can out drive the short stuff but can't out drive pure speed on straight? Thanks
Old 04-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Team Tekin

Negative.

The only time radio calibration is required is the initial setup, and if you update your ESC software, or perform a full factory reset on the unit.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Bmad619
So my question, does the rx8 gen 3 have turbo timing or is there a firmware upgrade for it. I like boost timing but tends to heat things up a bit. Much prefer big turbo for full throttle straights, your motors and esc handle low end like no other. Getting beat on straights with others with turbo! Gearing and boost as high as temps can handle. Much rather pull back boost a bit I can out drive the short stuff but can't out drive pure speed on straight? Thanks
It does not. The Rx8 is locked into D2 dual mode which doesn't offer "timing boost" or "turbo" but does offer "timing advance" which is similar but different since it's based off of motor commutation input, not the motors sensors.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Team Tekin

You can make the Timing Advance in the Rx8 work like Turbo does by setting the rpm range that it happens at.

Turbo in our controllers is triggered by being at full throttle. Timing Boost in sensored and Timing Advance in sensorless are based on the RPM range you set. So if you know you are hitting 32k rpm on the straight you could set Timing Advance with a rpm range of 30k to 34k. The unit would start adding the Timing Advance when the motor reached 30K rpm and add all the timing you set by the time the motor hits 34K.

Should be basically the same end result as doing it with a turbo setting.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
You can make the Timing Advance in the Rx8 work like Turbo does by setting the rpm range that it happens at.

Turbo in our controllers is triggered by being at full throttle. Timing Boost in sensored and Timing Advance in sensorless are based on the RPM range you set. So if you know you are hitting 32k rpm on the straight you could set Timing Advance with a rpm range of 30k to 34k. The unit would start adding the Timing Advance when the motor reached 30K rpm and add all the timing you set by the time the motor hits 34K.

Should be basically the same end result as doing it with a turbo setting.
thats alot clearer of a explanation, thanks for that, good to know...
Old 04-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It does not. The Rx8 is locked into D2 dual mode which doesn't offer "timing boost" or "turbo" but does offer "timing advance" which is similar but different since it's based off of motor commutation input, not the motors sensors.

Hey man,
just want to give you some props for a great page, I just saw it, lots of good advise for, really EVERYONE!! Good Job Buds
Old 04-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Gen 1 RX8

I have original RX8and RS Pro esc's over a couple hundred packs on each, I use Hotwire to make small adjustment.
Question is, I want to build a new 1/8 scale short course truck so do I stay with my tried and true setup or start looking into the Gen 3 setup ( Hotwire, esc, and motor) Randy what do think?
Ps, thanks to Tekin for the ability to run over the competition.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Rctecheng
I have original RX8and RS Pro esc's over a couple hundred packs on each, I use Hotwire to make small adjustment.
Question is, I want to build a new 1/8 scale short course truck so do I stay with my tried and true setup or start looking into the Gen 3 setup ( Hotwire, esc, and motor) Randy what do think?
Ps, thanks to Tekin for the ability to run over the competition.
For 1/8 applications the Rx8 series is tough to beat period. As you have already found with the Generation 1 stuff. The latest version is just that much better.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have a Hotwire 3.0. It was previously working fine using Bluetooth. I plugged it in tonight, and I don’t get either red or blue lights on the Hotwire when I turn on the esc. When I plugged it into the computer, I was able to update the esc. Any ideas? Thanks.

More information. I swapped to a Futaba radio. I downloaded the Hotwire file from Tekin, and updated my computer app. When I open it and click help, it says Version 12.44.6. I’m sure this deals with the most recent update regarding the fan always on with futaba stuff. I’m just not sure what I’m doing wrong to correct it.

Last edited by Mikeand22; 04-06-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Mikeand22
More information. I swapped to a Futaba radio.
This is the most important part. On a Futaba setup you MUST turn on the transmitter and be on the correct model to use the Hotwire 3.0 in Bluetooth mode.

Futaba actually grounds out the signal wire on the ESC until the radio binds and is on together. Your old system was not like this, as most aren't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.