Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication
Considering I had already selected EXTSD on the previous screen, I wouldn't think I would have to do it again, but that did it! Thanks!

Edit, After doing this once, the rest of the models pictures uploaded as I originally expected them to. It was only weird like this for the first upload. Working great now! Honestly if the USB cover wasn't junk, and it came with a few different sized triggers, I am not sure I would have any other complaints with this radio so far. Very happy with it!
I purchased some 3d printed triggers from RCtech member A1 and they are outstanding, they improve the comfort and feel of the radio and can be sized to your needs by dropping them in boiling water for a minute or two.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:45 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

3D printed triggers $10 shipped you get 2. Go to Mott Works 3D on face book to order.
suzukipro likes this.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Now in stock. Introducing SPM9060 - 6R Upgrade Steering Mechanism - $19.99. This mechanism looks the same on the outside, but internally the mechanical movement of the wheel is updated. Using the same pieces as the new DX5 Pro steering. The upgraded mechanism provides smoother movement through center, increasing tension as wheel moves away from center, and improved operation of trim buttons. Tested by world class drivers like Dakotah Phend, Brian Kinwald and Chad Due. The upgrade system was used by Dakotah Phend to win 2019 ROAR Stadium Truck National Championship. Undo 3 screws, unplug the old steering, plug in the new, reattached, calibrate and its like you have a whole new radio!! In stock now. Also SPM9061/SPM9062 Large/Small wheel as used on the DX5 Pro now available to be used on the 6R.

suzukipro and Mahjik like this.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Ok. Im keen. Where can we buy from? And is there the ability to buy replacement st car covers?? Mines is long gone now and I'm not thinking dirt is good long term inside my radio.

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Now in stock. Introducing SPM9060 - 6R Upgrade Steering Mechanism - $19.99. This mechanism looks the same on the outside, but internally the mechanical movement of the wheel is updated. Using the same pieces as the new DX5 Pro steering. The upgraded mechanism provides smoother movement through center, increasing tension as wheel moves away from center, and improved operation of trim buttons. Tested by world class drivers like Dakotah Phend, Brian Kinwald and Chad Due. The upgrade system was used by Dakotah Phend to win 2019 ROAR Stadium Truck National Championship. Undo 3 screws, unplug the old steering, plug in the new, reattached, calibrate and its like you have a whole new radio!! In stock now. Also SPM9061/SPM9062 Large/Small wheel as used on the DX5 Pro now available to be used on the 6R.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Maraach
Ok. Im keen. Where can we buy from? And is there the ability to buy replacement st car covers?? Mines is long gone now and I'm not thinking dirt is good long term inside my radio.
Any hobby shop or website that carries Spektrum can get them. Our direct site is one option. RC Tech asks us not to post direct links or names. As for the SD card cover, unfortunately no. I took mind off my radio. Its a problem that will not go away from the original design - wish I could go back in time and change it from the start.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Any hobby shop or website that carries Spektrum can get them. Our direct site is one option. RC Tech asks us not to post direct links or names. As for the SD card cover, unfortunately no. I took mind off my radio. Its a problem that will not go away from the original design - wish I could go back in time and change it from the start.
probably a silly question here guys but I'm just starting to explore the features of my dx6r beyond basics and I keep reading about how it can "announce lap times".

can someone please elaborate what they mean by this?
Old 12-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Whats the difference with SPM9061/SPM9062 small and large wheels compared to the large and small wheels that came with the DX6R Just the color? I was unable to find a pic of either of the part numbers.
Scottrik likes this.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukipro
Whats the difference with SPM9061/SPM9062 small and large wheels compared to the large and small wheels that came with the DX6R Just the color? I was unable to find a pic of either of the part numbers.
I'm facing the same question(s)!

1) WILL the DX6R wheel work on the new steering apparatus or is changing the wheel a necessity?

2) What are the diameters of the two wheels mentioned. Not only are there no pictures, there's no technical data available with which to make a purchasing decision.

Thanks!

Scottrik
Old 12-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ordered the updated steering feature, but also am curious how the updated wheels compare to the DX6R wheels? is it cosmetic or smaller/larger diameters/width?
Old 12-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I received the new drop down steering mechanism today and it already comes with one of the updated wheels attached. It is size in-between the larger and small DX6R wheels. I hope this is the large wheel and they are sized smaller than the DX6R wheels.

Aside from my question regarding wheel sizes (I kept my small wheel on the new mechanism) it all worked great!

Last edited by suzukipro; 12-21-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by suzukipro
I received the new drop down steering mechanism today and it already comes with one of the updated wheels attached. It is size in-between the larger and small DX6R wheels. I hope this is the large wheel and they are sized smaller than the DX6R wheels.

Aside from my question regarding wheel sizes (I kept my small wheel on the new mechanism) it all worked great!
the actual wheels are the same size the foam on the wheel is smaller diameter
Old 12-28-2018, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

The wheel that comes with the new mechanism is the large wheel, the new smaller wheel needs to be purchased and will be slightly smaller (due to foam thickness) than the small wheel that came with the DX6R.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

hi so I’m having a problem with my 6R (model # spm6400) I can’t seem to connect my Bluetooth to the Hotwire app or the hitec linkpower app. For the Hotwire app I can bind it but once I try to do anything it says Bluetooth can’t be found.. for the hitec linkpower app I can’t connect at all!!! Hopefully someone can help me out here? Thanks!
I’m running:
dx6r model # spm6400
raceware 2.02
hotwire 3.0 vs 15.180029.0
hitec linkpower (can’t remember at the moment)
i made sure I did all the latest updates that I could
one more thing I thought I would add is I can use Hotwire threw my laptop with the usb cable

Last edited by Kdigaty; 12-31-2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: thought to mention
Old 12-31-2018, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I couldn’t use HotWire either. I got as far as you did.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

another question I have not sure if it was addressed before somewhere on the forums... is there any gps for the 6R??? I emailed horizon about it a few months ago and they said there is no gps for the 6R but if u google it there’s a forum that says u can use the air gps with the 6R is this true? Before I upgraded to the 6R I used a stock Traxxas remote with the Bluetooth setup and added the gps to it and loved it would of stayed with that setup but wanted more customization and more user control that’s why the 6R was my choice... if anyone has the answer to my question I would much appreciate it! Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.