Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:15 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimz34
Can someone post up some pics of the trigger.
I would like to know if the brake portion of the trigger is adjustable like say on the KO radios. Is it a 3D trigger? I'm not grasping the side-to-side adjustment that is mentioned.
Thanks
The side to side adjustment allows for the trigger to swing left to right. That changes the angle relative to your finger. Note that the same screw that is used to adjust the fore/aft trigger position also allows for the side to side adjustment
Old 10-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sunnymok
Hi Guys,

I purchased my DX6R yesterday and have a problem when registry my radio. I got my radio serial number from the dashboard and typed the serial number for registration for serval times and it showed as follow : WE HAD SOME PROBLEMS PROCESSING YOUR REGISTRATION:

The product model selected does not match the serial number entered.
You entered an invalid serial number. Please verify that you are entering the correct character(s). See the image to the right for character identification.
Please enter a valid Purchase Date.

I did check the serial number for times and sure it was correct. What should I do with this case? Sent an email to Spektrum but has no answer yet :-(

Thanks
Well, this time it showed the following massage :

The product model selected does not match the serial number entered.
You entered an invalid serial number. Please verify that you are entering the correct character(s). See the image to the right for character identification.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Did you select the correct model in the drop down list?

At the top of the list there are some DX6 radios listed, but the correct one is a lot lower down the list and is listed as "DX6R 6-CHANNEL DSMRŽ ANDROID-POWERED RADIO SYSTEM WITH WIFI/BT".

I know i made the mistake of picking one of the other DX6 radios when i first attempted to register mine.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cydeth
Did you select the correct model in the drop down list?

At the top of the list there are some DX6 radios listed, but the correct one is a lot lower down the list and is listed as "DX6R 6-CHANNEL DSMRŽ ANDROID-POWERED RADIO SYSTEM WITH WIFI/BT".

I know i made the mistake of picking one of the other DX6 radios when i first attempted to register mine.
I did choose the right model from the list but it won't work.

I'd got respond from Spektrum and will have a try to follow their advising. Wish these may work. Thank you all.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Thinking about buying this radio, Any raves about it ? Either looking at the DX6r or the Futaba 4PX
Old 10-29-2016, 10:02 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think there are plenty of people who really like it. Being a new platform there are some growing pains, but I think it will be a great radio with lots of future growth.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sunnymok
I did choose the right model from the list but it won't work.

I'd got respond from Spektrum and will have a try to follow their advising. Wish these may work. Thank you all.
Problem solved. Is all about the small letter between L and I . Meanwhile, I was using Chrome at DX6R to download the apps directly.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Week 4 (?) no issues yet since I did the reset.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I think there are plenty of people who really like it. Being a new platform there are some growing pains, but I think it will be a great radio with lots of future growth.
Quoted my initial review. Disregard the part about the cradle as Spektrum is taking care of it and my cradle mod has been pretty good.

Software is getting better and I can't wait to see what's coming next. With Tekin HW Bluetooth capable, there's so many possibilities. We need to show manufacturers that we want modern tech to come into the RC world.

Originally Posted by shagino
I know being an early adopter means dealing with growing pains but I've had a few issues.

Coming from a Futaba 4PKS-R, the radio feels solid. Good weight, just feels like a quality radio. Trigger was a bit soft and steering was too tight. Both of these are easily adjusted. No problem there.

Switching to the smaller wheel is easy but it definitely binds when tightening, like the foam runs a little think in the inside. Not too big of a deal.

I'm a lefty so that also means swapping the wheel. I like that the plugs were put on both sides of the board but it felt a little flimsy removing/plugging in the plugs. I also swap the wheel quite often to let others drive my car so I wish there was a metal plate as it's really easy to strip the plastic. My Futaba was plastic also though.

The radio is packaged with the charging cradle in the styrofoam. Unfortunately, it wasn't put in well with my radio so the left foot imprinted in the foam at the front of the cradle but not the right. This makes my radio unbalanced in the cradle and I'm not able to charge in the cradle. A bit annoying. I'll call Spektrum on Tuesday.

The micro SD slot seems a bit too far down. I needed to find something to press the top of the card down with as I couldn't get it to lock in with my finger.

Now, let's get to the actual software. I'm a software developer so I'm a bit critical here. The RaceWare version installed was 1.0.0 I think. I can't check check it as it doesn't start up anymore. More on that later.

Setting subtrim/EPA is tremendously painful with a touch screen. Would like a on the fly button to use HW switches set a value and precision will be way better. Maybe it's part of the software upgrade. Since the new version appears to be 1.0.4 but I can't get it to upgrade.

Some of the On the Fly buttons are set to +R. No idea what that means. I tried using the proper switched on their own then with the actual "R" button held down. Didn't seem to make a difference. Only On The Fly button I got to work was Steering speed I think. Didn't matter if I held the "R" button down. No other On The Fly buttons seem to do anything. Beeps when I used it though.

I wasn't able to drive with the screen off, putting the radio in sleep mode meant no radio transmission. There was an earlier post about still being able to use it as a radio if android crashed. I don't believe this to be the case. Maybe this is also addressed in the new update. Don't know.

So there's two parts of the software, the Channel Processer(CP) Firmware and the RaceWare app. The CP firmware needs to be installed by the google updater but all I get is Updating...There was a problem writing to the device)bad address).

I tried installing the RaceWare update and the RaceWare app no longer starts for me. Should have never shipped like this. I hope I'm missing a step here but right now, I can't use the radio.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I contacted horizon support via phone, concerning the known issues with this radio (updated charge cradle, MicroSD cover), as well as an issue they may or may not be a common occurrence, as on my radio I noticed that both the round "bar logo" decal on the back plate as well as the decal on the drop down plate were not applied properly, and are not aligned with where they are supposed to be placed.

Support said they had no info about a replacement cradle, despite the info on this thread showing otherwise. They also asked me to send in pics of the misaligned decals and microSD cover, which I did.

A week went by - and I did not receive a response.

Finally today I contacted support via phone again. I used the call back feature, and when I did receive the call back (nearly 2 1/2 hours later), the person on the phone had looked up my customer contact history, and said that they didn't send a response because they don't have any of the parts yet in stock, or any information about them. In fact, they don't even have part numbers for the cradle, MicroSD cover, or updated cradle (so he said).

In regards to the microSD card cover, his literal response was: "they are all like that - even mine, and I just deal with it."

Im sorry, but I didn't spend $500 to purchase a top-of-the-line radio, only to have a manufacturing defect that the company tells me I should "just deal with."

I was told to call back in a month, and they MIGHT have some updated info then. After that, he essentially stopped talking. He also said I would HAVE to call back to check on the cradle, as a new one would not automatically be sent out.

What is frustrating is that it appears as if different customers are receiving different info, whereas we should all be entitled to current and accurate information.

@Hacker07, is it possible for us DX6R owners to get some real answers on the cradle & microSD cover update, as well as a timeline, even if its an estimate. As others have suggested, you can contact us via our registration emails, if you prefer to not post the info on a public forum.

And if this isn't possible, is there at least a dedicated support rep we can ask for when we call in, who will have the most up to date info?

Throw us a line here. We are doing our best to stick with you during these growing pains, and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable to help us maintain our support.

If you don't wish to disclose this info publicly, feel free to send me a PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So far I love my radio. When I first got it, the update was a pain due to poor instructions. Help from a local sponsored Spektrum racer, I got it updated . So what are some of the apps you guys have put on your radios ?
Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wkderf
I contacted horizon support via phone, concerning the known issues with this radio (updated charge cradle, MicroSD cover), as well as an issue they may or may not be a common occurrence, as on my radio I noticed that both the round "bar logo" decal on the back plate as well as the decal on the drop down plate were not applied properly, and are not aligned with where they are supposed to be placed.

Support said they had no info about a replacement cradle, despite the info on this thread showing otherwise. They also asked me to send in pics of the misaligned decals and microSD cover, which I did.

A week went by - and I did not receive a response.

Finally today I contacted support via phone again. I used the call back feature, and when I did receive the call back (nearly 2 1/2 hours later), the person on the phone had looked up my customer contact history, and said that they didn't send a response because they don't have any of the parts yet in stock, or any information about them. In fact, they don't even have part numbers for the cradle, MicroSD cover, or updated cradle (so he said).

In regards to the microSD card cover, his literal response was: "they are all like that - even mine, and I just deal with it."

Im sorry, but I didn't spend $500 to purchase a top-of-the-line radio, only to have a manufacturing defect that the company tells me I should "just deal with."

I was told to call back in a month, and they MIGHT have some updated info then. After that, he essentially stopped talking. He also said I would HAVE to call back to check on the cradle, as a new one would not automatically be sent out.

What is frustrating is that it appears as if different customers are receiving different info, whereas we should all be entitled to current and accurate information.

@Hacker07, is it possible for us DX6R owners to get some real answers on the cradle & microSD cover update, as well as a timeline, even if its an estimate. As others have suggested, you can contact us via our registration emails, if you prefer to not post the info on a public forum.

And if this isn't possible, is there at least a dedicated support rep we can ask for when we call in, who will have the most up to date info?

Throw us a line here. We are doing our best to stick with you during these growing pains, and I don't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable to help us maintain our support.

If you don't wish to disclose this info publicly, feel free to send me a PM.
Let me answer as best as possible as well as provide info for those that care to read.

First off- we have fixed software bugs as fast as possible. However, they also dont want to put a new release out all the time. So, often we wait until we have some significant items to post about. Given that info - A NEW RELEASE SHOULD EXIST BY NEXT WEEK!

This release will by nice and easy to do as it is now through the google play store. All you will do is go to the play store in your radio with wifi, type in dx6r and install the update. That update will now update your CP for you so you dont have to do all the different steps any longer. Super easy.

The release will fix every one of the reported bugs including the big one to most which is when things seem to get odd or start exhibiting issue in the software and we have to hit that model or CP reset button in the serial app. It also fixes the darn font finally in the APK so you can read it. It fixes other bugs as well and those will all be listed.

As for the mechanical items - those mentioned here being the charging base and the sd card cover. The charging base has been fixed and the latest batch does come with what we kindly refer to as the "claw". We are working to get a quantity of these in for CS to provide to those of you that are having issues with your base. Again, most wont but for those that are, they will be available. When I know that CS has them, I will let you all know.

In regards to the SD cover, yes, this little rubber cover is a bummer. We have been through so many revisions it would make you sick. We really WANT to get everything right for you. It is currently going through another revision. If this one if right, then I will let people know and get some for CS. I know it is not perfect, personally, I took mine off. Does this work for everyone, no, I certainly understand that. You paid your hard earned money for this and we will take care of you once we have a part that we feel is at least 99% right.

Other than these things, the radio really is working out very well for most. I picked up my dx4r pro the other day and while it is a great radio, now that I have gotten used to the touchscreen and what that allows me to do in a much easier manner, I am amazed. I never thought we would be able to make something easier to use than the 4r pro, well, I think we have. And it certainly is ergonomically wonderful.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for that response
Old 11-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Let me also give a big THANK YOU Ryan.

I very sincerely appreciate the response.

I totally understand and appreciate the time and effort you and your team is putting in to the MicroSD cover, and I'm sure once you have a viable solution, you'll let us know. Im also happy to hear about the updated charge base, and its pending availability.

The coming app update (with simplified install) is something I'm also very excited about, and I eagerly await its release.

Thanks again for the information and your time Ryan, I know we all appreciate your efforts.

I have even enjoying the use of my radio, and am still happy I made the switch.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Excellent news. Looking forward to the update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.