Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

I might have figured out what triggers the models going crazy. I accidentally clicked on "Edit" which apparently wipes your entire model configuration and when I went to reconfigure the model the steering rate was broken the normal/reverse option was broken, neither did anything different. Ran DX6Serial and reset model and reconfigured and it started working normally again.

This really sucks because I didn't have a backup of the model and didn't realize hitting "Edit" would completely wipe the settings. Wish I could recover them
Old 11-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Let me answer as best as possible as well as provide info for those that care to read.

First off- we have fixed software bugs as fast as possible. However, they also dont want to put a new release out all the time. So, often we wait until we have some significant items to post about. Given that info - A NEW RELEASE SHOULD EXIST BY NEXT WEEK!

This release will by nice and easy to do as it is now through the google play store. All you will do is go to the play store in your radio with wifi, type in dx6r and install the update. That update will now update your CP for you so you dont have to do all the different steps any longer. Super easy.

The release will fix every one of the reported bugs including the big one to most which is when things seem to get odd or start exhibiting issue in the software and we have to hit that model or CP reset button in the serial app. It also fixes the darn font finally in the APK so you can read it. It fixes other bugs as well and those will all be listed.

As for the mechanical items - those mentioned here being the charging base and the sd card cover. The charging base has been fixed and the latest batch does come with what we kindly refer to as the "claw". We are working to get a quantity of these in for CS to provide to those of you that are having issues with your base. Again, most wont but for those that are, they will be available. When I know that CS has them, I will let you all know.

In regards to the SD cover, yes, this little rubber cover is a bummer. We have been through so many revisions it would make you sick. We really WANT to get everything right for you. It is currently going through another revision. If this one if right, then I will let people know and get some for CS. I know it is not perfect, personally, I took mine off. Does this work for everyone, no, I certainly understand that. You paid your hard earned money for this and we will take care of you once we have a part that we feel is at least 99% right.

Other than these things, the radio really is working out very well for most. I picked up my dx4r pro the other day and while it is a great radio, now that I have gotten used to the touchscreen and what that allows me to do in a much easier manner, I am amazed. I never thought we would be able to make something easier to use than the 4r pro, well, I think we have. And it certainly is ergonomically wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing some of the software updates which should ease any concerns for those on the fence about it, mine has worked great for me the past few weeks. I am anxiously awaiting any update on different trigger options even if it was a cad file I could take and have 3D printed, very happy with this controller so far
Old 11-03-2016, 04:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey @hacker07 the news of a software update is awesome

Is the release primariarly bug fixes or will it contain product enhancements also.

Look forward to it!

Drew
Old 11-03-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Update

Went into play store typed in dx6r and it came back
No results found for "dx6r"
Old 11-03-2016, 08:36 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smokinemjay
Went into play store typed in dx6r and it came back
No results found for "dx6r"
I think that would be because Hacker said it would be released next week or so.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex1972
Hey @hacker07 the news of a software update is awesome

Is the release primariarly bug fixes or will it contain product enhancements also.

Look forward to it!

Drew
The biggest new feature is that you can update it through google play store. Sounds kind of odd as a product enhancement but it was a lot of work for the team to get this done right. There are a number of bug fixes and fixes in general such as the serial number that can be read without the need for the serial app. There will be a full list once the release is up of course.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

The biggest new feature is that you can update it through google play store. Sounds kind of odd as a product enhancement but it was a lot of work for the team to get this done right. There are a number of bug fixes and fixes in general such as the serial number that can be read without the need for the serial app. There will be a full list once the release is up of course.
Sounds great! Can't wait

Drew
Old 11-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
Trigger itself (brake side) is not adjustable.
Bummer.
Thank you
Old 11-05-2016, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mkl
The side to side adjustment allows for the trigger to swing left to right. That changes the angle relative to your finger. Note that the same screw that is used to adjust the fore/aft trigger position also allows for the side to side adjustment
Thank You
Old 11-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

This is still the best feeling trigger I have ever used. I have always put a piece of foam on all my triggers. This one does not need it.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

The release will fix every one of the reported bugs including the big one to most which is when things seem to get odd or start exhibiting issue in the software and we have to hit that model or CP reset button in the serial app. It also fixes the darn font finally in the APK so you can read it. It fixes other bugs as well and those will all be listed.
This fix can't come soon enough. I've been hit by the 150% bug twice now. The first time, it was just the steering and it went to 150% with no response out of steering or throttle. The second time was yesterday when steering went max one direction and throttle was full pin. I think it said 4650%!

Thankfully I happened to be holding my SC instead of it on the track. A big issue is that if your car takes off, you need to quickly switch models to "turn off" the receiver. Or you can throw it in airplane mode to stop the radio transmission. In either case, it's a lot of quick thinking while your car is taking off.

Sometimes I need to run in back to back heats. When I do, I love leaving my second car on while racing the first heat and just switching the model after my first heat is done. This bug puts that plan at risk as I could break my ride or worse, hurt someone.

I want to say great job fixing these issues, getting it in the play store, and fixing the font but as a software developer, it shouldn't have shipped with the last 2 the way it is. I still believe that better QA is needed.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

When I switched to the small wheel. My wheel would bind a little because of the foam rubbing against the plastic.

If your wheel binds when tightened, here's what I did:
Add a washer to the wheel cam.

Last edited by shagino; 11-06-2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Changed answer to just speak on my personal experience.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

For the angle adapter, I suggest changing the mounting holes to be 12:00/6:00 instead of 3:00/9:00. The steering wheel already attaches at 3:00/9:00 so there isn't a way to mount at exactly 3:00/9:00 like 99.99999% of folks who use the angle adapter. The wheel needs to be slightly rotated. It's not a big adjustment. Just seems like a better way of doing this.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
This is still the best feeling trigger I have ever used. I have always put a piece of foam on all my triggers. This one does not need it.
I agree, I always used fuel line on the brake part to tighten it up and so it felt better.
Luckily it fits my finger perfect and doesn't need any adjustment
Old 11-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I know I tested with the small wheel. Did not like the feel but it went on my radio twice without issues of binding. I just did not like the little wheel feel. Kind of odd since I was not a fan of the DX4R big wheel but oh well.

As for bugs. To be honest I am not aware of the 150% bug until the update they released after the radio. This stuff happens. There are bugs and upgrades with every Android app. they will continue to make this better and more stable.

As for the angle adjustment I have mine much different than Ryan's or others as it depends on how you hold your radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.