Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Hey Ryan,
Would one be able to install say Tekin's Hotwire on the DX6R ? and does it have a Micro USB jack and supports OTB (i.e for Tekin HW)..Just a thought..cheers.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:24 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Hey Ryan,
Would one be able to install say Tekin's Hotwire on the DX6R ? and does it have a Micro USB jack and supports OTB (i.e for Tekin HW)..Just a thought..cheers.
This would be awesome! On location ESC adjustments without extra tablets etc.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Ryan,
We have certainly considered this
Old 02-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howardcano
I assume by "neutral" you mean some preset intermediate value. But that's not how my DX4C operates with the SR410 and SR2000. Most times the servo will simply not receive any signal. Sometimes it receives a signal that drives it against its stops. The first situation is a bother; the second situation will burn out a servo if I don't notice in time. I've already lost an A5040 that way.

Copied from the DX3C manual:
"Failsafe positions are also set during binding. In the unlikely event that the radio link is lost during use, the receiver will drive the servos to their pre-programmed failsafe positions (normally full brakes and straight steering). If the receiver is turned on prior to turning on the transmitter, the receiver will enter the failsafe mode, driving the servos to their preset failsafe positions. When the transmitter is turned on, normal control is resumed. Failsafe servo positions are set during binding."
The last sentence implies that failsafe positions for both channels depend on what comes from the transmitter, and that was the case for my DX3C when using the SR300.
An A5040 should never be used with a vehicle and the Air radios handle failsafe different so they are set up properly to handle air servos. Air servos have different dead band and other values. Regardless of this, I cannot imagine failsafe driving a servo to any position other than neutral for steering as it is setup to do. As the manual states, after you setup the radio, it is necessary to rebind after to set your fail safe points.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:26 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you are such a tease! (he said in a good natured jovial manner).
Old 02-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
An A5040 should never be used with a vehicle
Airplanes, helicopters, boats, and cars are all vehicles. But I'll assume by "vehicle" you mean "car". Exactly which specification for the A5040 am I exceeding by using it in my 1/12 scale car?

Air radios handle failsafe different so they are set up properly to handle air servos.
Okay, let's explore this a little further:

What is the acceptable pulse width and frame rate for the A5040, or any other "air" servo?

What is the acceptable pulse width and frame rate for a Spektrum "car" servo?

What is the output pulse width and frame rate of a failsafe signal from a Spektrum "air" radio?

What is the output pulse width and frame rate of a failsafe signal from a Spektrum "car" radio?

Regardless of this, I cannot imagine failsafe driving a servo to any position other than neutral for steering as it is setup to do. As the manual states, after you setup the radio, it is necessary to rebind after to set your fail safe points.
It doesn't require imagination. It only requires that you use input from your customers to improve your products.

Is there a reason the DX4C/SRS410 combo provides a failsafe signal only for the throttle, but provides absolutely no failsafe signal to the steering (which is correctly stated in the manual)? And will the DX6R fix this problem?

Last edited by howardcano; 02-03-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

I have always used "A" servos on ground vehicles vs "S" for 2 reasons. 1: The cord is longer on A vs S, and I need this for my Slash specifically, and 2: I can "feel" the difference in the servos. I dont use failsafe, I personally dont need it.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howardcano
Airplanes, helicopters, boats, and cars are all vehicles. But I'll assume by "vehicle" you mean "car". Exactly which specification for the A5040 am I exceeding by using it in my 1/12 scale car?

Okay, let's explore this a little further:

What is the acceptable pulse width and frame rate for the A5040, or any other "air" servo?

What is the acceptable pulse width and frame rate for a Spektrum "car" servo?

What is the output pulse width and frame rate of a failsafe signal from a Spektrum "air" radio?

What is the output pulse width and frame rate of a failsafe signal from a Spektrum "car" radio?

It doesn't require imagination. It only requires that you use input from your customers to improve your products.

Is there a reason the DX4C/SRS410 combo provides a failsafe signal only for the throttle, but provides absolutely no failsafe signal to the steering (which is correctly stated in the manual)? And will the DX6R fix this problem?
While I am more than ok talking about anything anywhere, this is the DX6R forum and failsafe is part of the receiver, not the radio. I ALWAYS take feedback to our group for discussion and have already spoken about this with our engineers. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Originally Posted by JimmyG
I have always used "A" servos on ground vehicles vs "S" for 2 reasons. 1: The cord is longer on A vs S, and I need this for my Slash specifically, and 2: I can "feel" the difference in the servos. I dont use failsafe, I personally dont need it.
A servos are for AIR applications and the dead band is very wrong for surface applications and typically results in much more premature failure of a servo. As long as you are OK with this, then its all good.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How many instances does your car go into failsafe mode? If you set your car up right, It should never go into failsafe I.E. The trans battery is low or using some goofy ass setup on your 12th scale.

If it does go into failsafe what would likely be the reason it did? Operator error Teddy Brosevelt....

And if it does go into failsafe the car goes straight or turns left what difference does it make. You Will crash. If the expectation is, or as was said "imagine", that the car is gonna just stop. That's not happening. There isn't any reason the engineers have to address your concern . Ultimately it is you that sets the car up to NOT fail
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
How many instances does your car go into failsafe mode? If you set your car up right, It should never go into failsafe I.E. The trans battery is low or using some goofy ass setup on your 12th scale.

If it does go into failsafe what would likely be the reason it did? Operator error Teddy Brosevelt....

And if it does go into failsafe the car goes straight or turns left what difference does it make. You Will crash. If the expectation is, or as was said "imagine", that the car is gonna just stop. That's not happening. There isn't any reason the engineers have to address your concern . Ultimately it is you that sets the car up to NOT fail
The system goes into failsafe whenever the receiver is on, but the transmitter is not, or is on the wrong model. For me, this happens on the bench, not on the track. Yes, that is operator error, and is something I do quite regularly. It's nice to know that no one else ever does this, but I'm certain I will continue to make the mistake.

I am a Spektrum customer. Failsafe is important to me. If I am the only one that values it, fine. I'm not asking about it for your benefit, I'm asking about it for my benefit.

Hacker07 has asked me to send my questions via email, and I have done so.

Last edited by howardcano; 02-03-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X

Easy there tiger, howard is my friend.. and he has a lot of experience with RC. No need to sound so disrespectful. As much as steering spring not breaking is important to me, the failsafe is important to him.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Guys this does not have to be a heated and attacking.

Ryan does care deeply about making customers happy. His involvement on this forum is a sign of that. He reads this stuff and wants it to be right. He is listening and gave out his work e-mail because he cares. He will work see what he can do to address this issue. Does not need to be done on the forum for what seems to be an issue with an individual. Again he is listening and working to incoroporate feedback and requests. Again with this new radio updates and adding features will and new software upgrades will be easier than ever. This radio is going to amazing and create amazing value to the end users.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is it possible to make selfie with this radio and post it to Instagram?
Old 02-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
Is it possible to make selfie with this radio and post it to Instagram?
When its released yes. You'll hold the radio in one hand, and your smartphone in the other with the camera facing you, and bam!, you gotta selfie, post it up on Instagram.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Ryan,
Just that alone would make me buy this radio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.