Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggybattle
Do you know when they plan to release this radio as just a radio and not a radio android combo ? Looks like a nice radio but the os stuff is not needed for rc racing imho
Thanks. Someone at my track has the Dx6R. Hoping to see how it feels compared to my mt44. I have used the DX4R and didn’t like it
Like lowspark mentioned - DX5R is the 6R's brother in ergonomic design and function. Difference is no android. The DX5R is actually closer in functionality to the M12 - the 6R just gives more options to do things with the Android both for r/c and outside of r/c.

If you aren't sure you want all the Android stuff --- DX5R is right there.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lowspark
a little trick to get the shim pieces on the steering...
Interesting that you mention that........

Glad you like it!!! Thanks for the kind words.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Like lowspark mentioned - DX5R is the 6R's brother in ergonomic design and function. Difference is no android. The DX5R is actually closer in functionality to the M12 - the 6R just gives more options to do things with the Android both for r/c and outside of r/c.

If you aren't sure you want all the Android stuff --- DX5R is right there.
And also something to keep in mind, while it is Android and you can do other things due to this, the primary reason was always that it is touchscreen. This allows for a more user friendly experience as well as a more granular screen resolution.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

I like the feeling of the radio. Good stuff. Don’t think I want to lose my code 10 for it but nice radio
Old 02-12-2018, 10:02 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks. Someone at my track has the Dx6R. Hoping to see how it feels compared to my mt44. I have used the DX4R and didn’t like it
The 6R is worlds better than the 3R/4R ergonomics. Certainly check it out.
token likes this.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nikos2002
X-Bus connection will work with our additional telemetry module and some other things that are in the works.... :sneaky
nikos2002 please enlighten us what other things ‘in the works’ do you have planned?

(3rd time I’ve asked this question!)
Old 02-12-2018, 06:31 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I doubt they are going to answer you. They have not divulged much info until the actual releases
Old 02-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobied77
nikos2002 please enlighten us what other things ‘in the works’ do you have planned?

(3rd time I’ve asked this question!)
They are correct, this question wont be answered and mentioning its the third time its been asked makes it worse, not better. When Nick can talk about it, he will.
token likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hacker07
They are correct, this question wont be answered and mentioning its the third time its been asked makes it worse, not better. When Nick can talk about it, he will.
Well instead of just ignoring the question repeatedly it would of been polite just to say something along the lines ‘unfortunately nothing more can be said at this moment in time’.

Good manners don’t cost much!
maxx90 likes this.

Last edited by scoobied77; 02-16-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just got a DX6R and notice a few things,

With the throttle servo direction reverse, the trigger sense in the telemetry screen is backwards.

In the telemetry setup menu I can't set the temperature scales max temperature. If I try to enter something the field goes blank and no input is accepted.

Is there a way to change temperature units?

Is there really no RX strength telemetry?

The radio is all updated and running 2.01.01 FW

I found it disappointing that the set did not include the temperature and voltage sensors that normally come with the SR6000T.

Joel
Old 02-18-2018, 04:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Future updates

Ive been seriously considering purchasing the DX6R in the near future. With that being said, I've got a couple questions... What are the plans (if any) to update the android hardware on future devices? Just curious, as it looks like this model is around two years old. Has the issues with the chincy SD card cover been rectified? If not, what are your plans to correct this? It appears the cover issue was identified VERY early on, but I've yet to see, or hear about any corrective action to address it.

Thanks,
Old 02-18-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Another bug I notice, maybe related to the servo direction being reversed,

If using ABS, the pulses per second are backwards, setting 1 is 20, setting 20 is 1.

I tried to use a custom curve to get around the servo reversing thing, that did not work which is fine, when I set it back to standard curve, that was OK. After I rebooted the radio, it was back to using the custom curve, the radio said it was standard. I reset the custom curve to look like a standard curve and it's back to working but who knows what curve it really is.

The idle up feature seems somewhat broken. There needs to be a toggle mode for the momentary switches. The only way I see this feature being useful is to put it on switch I which is a bit awkward because of the 3 positions.

As far as signal strength, there is the RF indicator on the telemetry screen though as far as I can tell, it's just decoration. I haven't found a range test mode yet, so I put the receiver in a metal box and walked away, the scale never changed.

It makes me wonder if such basic operation things are broken after so many FW updates, what important things are broken that are waiting to cause a big problem.

Right now I think I bought another paper weight. I had originally bought a Graupner X-8e and found issue that just annoyed me. I was looking at the Futaba 7PX and was put off of it when I saw the cost of basic sensors. My guess is the Futaba would be well vetted.

It's shameful the lack of testing that is going on before these companies release a product.

I guess for now I'll keep using the X-8e, I don't like the FW much but at least I'm confident in its link.

Originally Posted by Joel_l
Hi,

Just got a DX6R and notice a few things,

With the throttle servo direction reverse, the trigger sense in the telemetry screen is backwards.

In the telemetry setup menu I can't set the temperature scales max temperature. If I try to enter something the field goes blank and no input is accepted.

Is there a way to change temperature units?

Is there really no RX strength telemetry?

The radio is all updated and running 2.01.01 FW

I found it disappointing that the set did not include the temperature and voltage sensors that normally come with the SR6000T.

Joel
dan_vector and mjh2157 like this.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Joel, check the email our Technical Director sent you this morning.... All stuff that is in the process of being corrected.
mjh2157 likes this.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyljock
Ive been seriously considering purchasing the DX6R in the near future. With that being said, I've got a couple questions... What are the plans (if any) to update the android hardware on future devices? Just curious, as it looks like this model is around two years old. Has the issues with the chincy SD card cover been rectified? If not, what are your plans to correct this? It appears the cover issue was identified VERY early on, but I've yet to see, or hear about any corrective action to address it.

Thanks,
cyljock - yes, yes and yes. The SD cover has been a thorn in the DX6R's side. Work to resolve it is in process, but I don't have an exact time frame. We have looked at a few solutions, but nothing has been a perfect resolution for future and current owners. Still working on it.
rbrownsr and mjh2157 like this.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scoobied77
Well instead of just ignoring the question repeatedly it would of been polite just to say something along the lines ‘unfortunately nothing more can be said at this moment in time’.

Good manners don’t cost much!
Scoobied -- used my 6R as the first test sample this weekend to test some updates (and it worked without issues), but as we have seen from the past, I want to make sure any updates jump through all the hoops before they get out to the public. My politically correct answer -- some stuff that you have seen mentioned on this thread is part of the update list. We saw it, we listened, we are updating it.
1M, token, rbrownsr and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.