Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Official Tekin RX8 GEN2 ESC Thread >

Official Tekin RX8 GEN2 ESC Thread

Like Tree15Likes

Official Tekin RX8 GEN2 ESC Thread

Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
  #1  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,465
Default Official Tekin RX8 GEN2 ESC Thread



Tekin RX8 GEN2

The RX8 GEN2 brings new features and next level performance to the popular RX8 series speed controls. Designed using today's state of the art micro components, the GEN2 delivers advanced tuning options for the hardcore racer. When it comes to large scale racing, the RX8 GEN2 has what racers demand; reliability, precise control and unmatched power handling capability.

Packed with new features, the RX8 GEN2 delivers a programmable high-voltage BEC, an EZ Access Port for HotWire communication and Datalogging capabilities in a small sized package. Couple the RX8 GEN2 with a T8 Competition Brushless Motor for the ultimate in 1/8th scale racing equipment. Couple the GEN2 with a Pro4 or Pro4HD for the most dominant power system available for your 4WD Short Course Truck!

Features

Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
Compatible with Sensored/Sensorless Brushless and Brushed Motors
Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
Datalogging Capability
High Voltage Programmable BEC
EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
On-Board Temperature Indicator
Removable/Replaceable Cooling Fan
HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Wire Replacement
Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
Pit Tune Mode
DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
QuickTune™ Programming
One-Touch Radio Calibration

Program Features

High Voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)*
Drag Brake (13 steps)
Brake / Reverse Strength (13 steps)
Current Limiter (none + 12 steps)
Neutral Width (13 steps)
Timing Profiles (5 preset - 2 custom*)
Adjustable Throttle and Brake Minimums
Custom Throttle Curves
Motor/Reverse Type: Brushless, Brushed, No Rev, Rev Delay
Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, Custom)
Save, Load and Share custom ESC setup files*
Save, Load and Share Data Log files*
Extensive Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface

*Requires HotWire Sold Separately


SPECS

Controls: Forward/Brake/Reverse
Input Voltage: 2S-6S Lipo
BEC: 6.0v / 7.4v 7amps
Motor Limit Brushless Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd Only Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd/Rev Mode: No Limit
Max Current: 220amps per phase
Timing Profiles: 7 choices (on board)
Brushed Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Brushless Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.2 x 1.4in (38 x 55.8 x 25.5mm)
Weight: 2.7oz / 76.5g

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-01-2013 at 11:20 AM.
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
gawith0413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,535
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

NICE!!!
gawith0413 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
  #3  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
Default

I don't own any tekins but I do love that white case. Very cool looking.
Ivegotklas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 87
Default

You had me at 7.4v. Will be grabbing one.
mbreslin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belleville, MI
Posts: 4,518
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Yes! Can't wait to get my hands on this!
nv529 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (93)
 
savageboy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pasco,WA
Posts: 4,104
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

you guys are just pushing me to get a 4x4 sc
savageboy69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM
  #7  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
WaWa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: kennewick, Wa
Posts: 275
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Hell yes!!!! Thanks Ty!!! Now only if I could get a pink case.......
WaWa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM
  #8  
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default

Originally Posted by WaWa View Post
Hell yes!!!! Thanks Ty!!! Now only if I could get a pink case.......


thanks Ty
Pulse_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
  #9  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Any potential for a trade in trade up program?
tammer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
  #10  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (18)
 
yzracer758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post


thanks Ty
The poly cases are not very porous and will not dye with Rit dye or any other dye's we have seen.
yzracer758 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 872
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post



The RX8 GEN2 brings new features and next level performance to the popular RX8 series speed controls. Designed using today's state of the art micro components, the GEN2 delivers advanced tuning options for the hardcore racer. When it comes to large scale racing, the RX8 GEN2 has what racers demand; reliability, precise control and unmatched power handling capability.

Packed with new features, the RX8 GEN2 delivers a programmable high-voltage BEC, an EZ Access Port for HotWire communication and Datalogging capabilities in a small sized package. Couple the RX8 GEN2 with a T8 Competition Brushless Motor for the ultimate in 1/8th scale racing equipment. Couple the GEN2 with a Pro4 or Pro4HD for the most dominant power system available for your 4WD Short Course Truck!

Features

Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
Compatible with Sensored/Sensorless Brushless and Brushed Motors
Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
Datalogging Capability
High Voltage Programmable BEC
EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
On-Board Temperature Indicator
Removable/Replaceable Cooling Fan
HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Wire Replacement
Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
Pit Tune Mode
DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
QuickTune™ Programming
One-Touch Radio Calibration

Program Features

High Voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)*
Drag Brake (13 steps)
Brake / Reverse Strength (13 steps)
Current Limiter (none + 12 steps)
Neutral Width (13 steps)
Timing Profiles (5 preset - 2 custom*)
Adjustable Throttle and Brake Minimums
Custom Throttle Curves
Motor/Reverse Type: Brushless, Brushed, No Rev, Rev Delay
Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, Custom)
Save, Load and Share custom ESC setup files*
Save, Load and Share Data Log files*
Extensive Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface

*Requires HotWire Sold Separately


SPECS


Weight: 2.7oz / 76.5g
There it is again, no programe box. Have to chase down the little button just to make changes.
Tim3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  #12  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,323
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Not really surprising. Its the RX8 version of the gen2 rs. This is pretty much what everyone expected. Tekin has made a business decision to not develope a portable programer. Maybe costs or the paradigm shift were major factors in not moving in that direction. But tekin seems to have put a larger focus on updating the current platforms as opposed to a resign. For those not caring about a programmer, phone app or card, the improved bec and the smoother braking and acceleration will greatly out weight any inconvenience that may occur. This is apparently the direction they wish to go and if a programmer is a deal breaker, then Hobbywing, Viper and orion are very good options.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  #13  
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default

Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
The poly cases are not very porous and will not dye with Rit dye or any other dye's we have seen.
I was joking but it's good to know

The info concerning the Gen2 release is now on all biggest french speaking forums, now I should get one for free
Pulse_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the UK
Posts: 190
Default

Very nice,Hope I can trade my old one in for this, oh yes
No Idea!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM
  #15  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (256)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 31,617
Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)
Default

curious, is there a reason why the setting of the BEC voltage can't be done via the buttons on ESC?
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service