Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX Update???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default LRP SXX Update???

Hello all, I just purchased a new LRP SXX V2/Reedy Sonic combo and received it in the mail just a couple of days ago. Today I saw the announcement from Associated that a new logic board is available. I also read some things about a "weak BEC" - wish I would have known this before I purchased mine. I guess my question is this, is the update necessary? Is this speed control that bad? I should probably send it in since the update is free, but I really want to get my truck running again asap and don't like the thought of waiting to get it back. Any happy LRP SXX V2 owners out there, or are they mostly faulty?????
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Pretty common for the bec to go out. If I had an LRP it would go in for sure.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I decided to play it safe and I sent the SXX to Associated yesterday for the free upgrade. Had an LRP several years ago and it served me well. Hope the new one does as well as my old one, I guess time will tell. Have been using Novak and decided to try the LRP for a change.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've got 2 sxx comps, I wonder if they will actually take the time to change the board on all the esc's that come in or if they will simply send back new updated esc's.....LMK what you get back.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812
I've got 2 sxx comps, I wonder if they will actually take the time to change the board on all the esc's that come in or if they will simply send back new updated esc's.....LMK what you get back.
Will do. Mine was brand new in the box, never installed. I almost installed it last weekend, I'm glad I didn't now. Hopefully I will get it back in a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see how the LRP/Reedy combo compares to my old Novak setup.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

any one get one back yet? i am wondering how they are.

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/a...ck_Upgrade%21/
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dusttt

Waiting for the exchange program to hit Europe. This whole mess with the v2 bec problems has really tarnished a great product and brand. Anyone from Europe getting the v2s exchanged?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dusttt

Still waiting for mine to come back. Will be two weeks on Thursday of this week.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Are you guys keeping these updated LRP SUXX's?

I got mine replaced after dieing in just 2 runs.

Don't trust this or any LRP products now, really left a foul taste in my mouth.

Took damm near 6 months to have it replaced.

Thinking mine will make it to eBay now.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

The logic board we get after replacement is from the new Lrp flow that was introduced at the worlds this year. From what people say its bulletproof. I sent in 4 and have no problem keeping them when they come back.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default update

Originally Posted by 07Forester
The logic board we get after replacement is from the new Lrp flow that was introduced at the worlds this year. From what people say its bulletproof. I sent in 4 and have no problem keeping them when they come back.
ok so how long has it ben since you sent yours back i have 2 of the lrp sxx stock spec esc's that i am now worried about
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
ok so how long has it ben since you sent yours back i have 2 of the lrp sxx stock spec esc's that i am now worried about
Originally Posted by lagcisco
Don't trust this or any LRP products now, really left a foul taste in my mouth.

Took damm near 6 months to have it replaced.
I sent a tc sphere to them for a swap 2 years ago and it took 6 months for them to get the SXX V2 stock spec's in.
I know how you feel.

As for board replacement.
We sent in 6 of the esc's (got a few guys together) AE has had them in their possession for 1 week so far, but word is they're waiting for more boards to come as they ran out.

YUP just as I thought typical AE.
I figure there's no way they would do or could do a 2 week turn around and I was right!!
we sent ours out Sept 15.
I need my esc's as our indoor season start's on Oct 5th, but I guess I won't be running or once again have to go buy more esc's due to AE screw up's.

On a side note I ran my 2 SXX's without any issues for 1-2 years so I will be keeping and running these when they come back.

Last edited by chongo; 09-30-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yap mine is going to be ship out tomorrow I got to SXX with blown BEC...
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I sent mine on 9/17 and lrp received it on the 19th but I still haven't heard anything or gotten anything back yet
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

So here is my thing. I am very dissapointed. I sent my two less than barely 30 day old SXX Stock Spec V2s in for the advertised free upgrade. This is what the web page still advertises as we speak. http://www.teamassociated.com/news/a...ck_Upgrade%21/ What the web page should have said it right now we have no more boards to perfom this upgrade and no ETA at all as to when we will. Yep that what they just told me. And im on the waiting list no where near the top. Now that is like $475 worth of brand new working speedos they have of mine. Is that right? Why not update the effin page instead of screwing people over?Most two year olds know not to tell a lie so why is Team Associated lying to us? Because no matter what they say they are doing that. That is exactly what they are doing because the effing website should be updated. My guess is this kind of stuff puts people out of business (LRP that is). I bet all their team guys have LRP stuff running great. I don't care if 2 team guys had to give up their equipment for a customer that is what should be done to satisfy at least two customers period. Mean while they just hit us from behind with out even a drop of lube or permission. I know it is "LRP" but it is the responsiblity of Associated to handle this correctly. LRP didnt put this lie on the Associated page Associated did! So to me I will never again spend one cent on an Associated product again and trust me I spend allot!

Last edited by Dusttt; 10-02-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: can't spell or sit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.