Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Sanwa / Airtronics M12 (Check first post for FAQ & Info) >

Sanwa / Airtronics M12 (Check first post for FAQ & Info)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Sanwa / Airtronics M12 (Check first post for FAQ & Info)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by choisan
It should not be the matter of who's selling, right?
The cert from manufacturer is no difference to any region
Yes it is. Check it out here http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...cs-m12-33.html
Old 09-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flyinr2003
Originally Posted by Pulse_
Hi, is the M12 as reliable as the M11X?
Yes, and so much more. Faster, smoother, lighter. Its an amazing radio. You will not be disappointed
I don't plan to replace my M11X anytime soon but it's good to know for the future . Actually I like the weight of the M11X so I hope the M12 isn't too light.

Too bad rx aren't compatible.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Then you should buy whatever version ok with your country.
Shouldn't be any big deal in having fcc,.......etc
Old 09-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gporta77
Will Spektrum servos work with the M12/R471 receiver?
It sure will. I run spektrum servos in most of my cars.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I don't plan to replace my M11X anytime soon but it's good to know for the future . Actually I like the weight of the M11X so I hope the M12 isn't too light.

Too bad rx aren't compatible.
Pulse, which rxs are you talking about? The M12 will work with most of Sanwa/Airtonics 2.4 receivers. You just need to make sure you set the correct mode i.e. FH3, FH4 etc.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Does somebody know why ty tessmann is not sponsored by airtronics I think is weird that he doesn't have a radio sponsorship from airtronics been that he is the best on the world right now
Old 09-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

did he use airtronics? I didnt notice
Old 09-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
did he use airtronics? I didnt notice
Yes he's running airtronics.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

That is surprising. A driver of his caliber should have a radio sponsor. Maybe he does not want one? I think he is sponsored by orion, but runs savox servos. Seems like he does what he wants, lol. Got to love him winning with his dad and mom pitting for him. This sport should have more family interactions.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
That is surprising. A driver of his caliber should have a radio sponsor. Maybe he does not want one? I think he is sponsored by orion, but runs savox servos. Seems like he does what he wants, lol. Got to love him winning with his dad and mom pitting for him. This sport should have more family interactions.
But if you look back at years before he was sponsored by airtronics and savox
Old 09-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricardo_d99
Does somebody know why ty tessmann is not sponsored by airtronics I think is weird that he doesn't have a radio sponsorship from airtronics been that he is the best on the world right now
I asked the same thing elsewhere. This is the post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO

Neobuggy photos show Ty Tessman is running Spektrum radio and servos. He used to use an M12 and Savox servos, but never had Airtronics listed on his shirt as a sponsor. I would think every radio manufacturer would want to sponsor him and it would therefore be his choice. i never had a Spektrum, but have certainly read about them having some issues.

Reply....

He is running an M12.....you can see it in the video of his round in Q3.

I don't recall the details exactly, but my understanding was that Ty had a "falling out" of sorts with Airtronics a number of years ago. I believe they were jerking him around a bit when the M12 came out and there was issue with him getting the radio. At a DNC race out of principle he started running a Futaba during practice but went back to the Airtronics because that is what he was comfortable with.

I believe since then he hasn't been sponsored by them but still prefers the radio over all others.

-Kane
Old 09-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

I asked the same thing elsewhere. This is the post...

Quote:

Neobuggy photos show Ty Tessman is running Spektrum radio and servos. He used to use an M12 and Savox servos, but never had Airtronics listed on his shirt as a sponsor. I would think every radio manufacturer would want to sponsor him and it would therefore be his choice. i never had a Spektrum, but have certainly read about them having some issues.

Reply....

He is running an M12.....you can see it in the video of his round in Q3.

I don't recall the details exactly, but my understanding was that Ty had a "falling out" of sorts with Airtronics a number of years ago. I believe they were jerking him around a bit when the M12 came out and there was issue with him getting the radio. At a DNC race out of principle he started running a Futaba during practice but went back to the Airtronics because that is what he was comfortable with.

I believe since then he hasn't been sponsored by them but still prefers the radio over all others.

-Kane
ThX for the information I searched all over the Internet for that answer and also I think airtronics should start sponsoring him again so they can brag about having a world champion using their equipment . and what does it mean "Jerking him around a bit when m12 came out"
Old 09-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Why sponsor him if he's willing to pay for it? And I'm sure they will brag plenty about the WC. They don't have to sponsor him to still be able to point out the fact that their radio won the worlds, they just shouldn't use his name.

There are a lot of pros that run what they like instead of what someone pays them to run. I know one driver that has been offered actual money from Airtronics and Futaba but sticks with KO on just a 100% deal because it's the only radio he likes. I know another that took a paid sponsorship from Spektrum only to switch back to paying for Airtronics after a few months. If the radio doesn't feel right, you can't win. If you can't win, no one is going to sponsor you.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingracer
Why sponsor him if he's willing to pay for it? And I'm sure they will brag plenty about the WC. They don't have to sponsor him to still be able to point out the fact that their radio won the worlds, they just shouldn't use his name.

There are a lot of pros that run what they like instead of what someone pays them to run. I know one driver that has been offered actual money from Airtronics and Futaba but sticks with KO on just a 100% deal because it's the only radio he likes. I know another that took a paid sponsorship from Spektrum only to switch back to paying for Airtronics after a few months. If the radio doesn't feel right, you can't win. If you can't win, no one is going to sponsor you.
That's true but I don't think he pays for the radios because if you look back a month ago he had a normal version of the m12 with a white and purple wrap. and in the WC he had the gold version m12 with a white, gold and black wrap, so maybe somebody gave him the radio or he bought it or he just used that one radio for the WC since is a special occasion or he has a secret sponsorship with them that no body knows about but that would be too crazy
Old 10-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi
I have a problem with my m12
throne-brake D/R change the center position of servo saver and not the EPA
anybody can help me?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.