Wiki Posts
Search

Gen Ace 5000mah 40c 7.4v lipo PROBLEMS hard case

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
What kind of plug are you using? Maybe there is a bad connection at the plug. Does your charger sense it? Did you get a voltage off the balance plug? If not then yes the battery is toast, an internal problem. Atleast they have to 50C is stock for less than $40.
deans. its less than a month old. does this fall under warranty?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Having a problem with one of these lipos:
Was using two of them on my mugen eco, then I stopped for no particular reason and checked the voltage, one of the cells was at 5.08v !! and the other at 2.51v !!! WTH!! the other lipo was fine and the buggy didn't had any problems at all

Have no idea how did this happened

did I just lost my lipos??
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It probably can't happen while in use.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For clarification, are these failures the units with the bullet connectors integrated into the hard case?

I was looking at getting some inexpensive li-pos and noticed that they have 40C units with bullets integrated or pre-wired units...

Any difference?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The conversation was concerning the plugs that are inserted into the lipo batt, not hard wired. The plugs themselves are the problems. If you go back and look at the links to the ones to use and the ones not to use, you will see the difference. The ones that he says not to use are fluted (slotted) on the sides. When you push these in and pull them out of the lipo several times the slits (flutes) in the sides of the plug can flatten out and then the plug is loose in the batt when plugged in. I take a jewelers screwdriver with small blade and pry the slotted ribs back out when they start to collapse. Over time they will become too weak and must be replaced.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've had one of these for about a month and it's worked fine. This thread is scaring me though, I liked the first one so much I ordered 2 more. Hope I dont get burned. I'm also going to try the turnigy.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

This thread seems like it only has anything to do with the versions that are not direct right? I have some that I bought about 2 weeks ago and they are completely awesome. Like so much punch my Savage pops a wheelie at 55mph awesome. I am getting some direct versions for the upcoming race season.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UClcOe8bmAA
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gens Ace no good

This thread seems like it only has anything to do with the versions that are not direct right? I have some that I bought about 2 weeks ago and they are completely awesome. Like so much punch my Savage pops a wheelie at 55mph awesome. I am getting some direct versions for the upcoming race season.
Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
I've had one of these for about a month and it's worked fine. This thread is scaring me though, I liked the first one so much I ordered 2 more. Hope I dont get burned. I'm also going to try the turnigy.
Originally Posted by Raydee
Thanks for the vid link. I think I will go take my two packs apart and see if I can repair them.
Done that too ,but now not ROAR approved.
[QUOTE=rc's suck;9574487]Not what i wanted to hear. I just got a gen ace 4 cell today in the mail.

Originally Posted by rc's suck
I cut off the cheese plug and soldder a deans on my new 4s 5000 40c gen batt. Charged it up and ran with no problems. Happy with performance. Hope it will last
bat's with tubes or hard wired ?
Originally Posted by stnwag0n
my gens ace 2s 40c 5000mah battery died tonight. its not the kind that has the bullet plugs connectors. was driving my rustler and it just stopped moving. i tried the battery on another esc just to make sure it wasnt the esc on the rustler, but still no power. tried another battery and it powered right up. i sent a support request through their eticket process to hobbypartz, hope they can get this squared away. this battery less than a month old
Originally Posted by Madulla
What kind of plug are you using? Maybe there is a bad connection at the plug. Does your charger sense it? Did you get a voltage off the balance plug? If not then yes the battery is toast, an internal problem. Atleast they have to 50C is stock for less than $40.
The charge leads/plugs that came with mine were Deans rip-off's ,I used them to connect to ESC ,and they all failed (3).Replaced with Genuine Deans ,but batts were allready shot. 1 lead in particular had a dry joint at the Deans that i didnt pick-up ,the car would cut out ,and then go again ,i think it wes re-conecting intermitantly because of the heat generated ;eventualy picked it up while charging ,the charger would state "batt not connected" ,ide give the deans a squeeze and it would go ;I kept blaming the Deans ,would clean the contacts etc ,but the phenomenon persisted .

Originally Posted by stnwag0n
deans. its less than a month old. does this fall under warranty?

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Having a problem with one of these lipos:
Was using two of them on my mugen eco, then I stopped for no particular reason and checked the voltage, one of the cells was at 5.08v !! and the other at 2.51v !!! WTH!! the other lipo was fine and the buggy didn't had any problems at all

Have no idea how did this happened

did I just lost my lipos??
Originally Posted by cowboySiR
For clarification, are these failures the units with the bullet connectors integrated into the hard case?
They were with tubes in my case .
I was looking at getting some inexpensive li-pos and noticed that they have 40C units with bullets integrated or pre-wired units...
Were paying upwards of $70.00 AU to $100 for these in 2s in OZ; not what ide call inexpensive .I blew 3 batts in 3 meetings .
Any difference?
+1 ,same question !
Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
The conversation was concerning the plugs that are inserted into the lipo batt, not hard wired. The plugs themselves are the problems. If you go back and look at the links to the ones to use and the ones not to use, you will see the difference. The ones that he says not to use are fluted (slotted) on the sides. When you push these in and pull them out of the lipo several times the slits (flutes) in the sides of the plug can flatten out and then the plug is loose in the batt when plugged in. I take a jewelers screwdriver with small blade and pry the slotted ribs back out when they start to collapse. Over time they will become too weak and must be replaced.
The plugs ;or the tubes ?
I tried this but no different ,batts were new,so were plugs.Cleaning the tubes helped a bit though .

Does anybody know if these faults been addressed by the manufacturer ?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gens Ace faulty

[QUOTE=noddy2;10621050]Done that too ,but now not ROAR approved.
Not what i wanted to hear. I just got a gen ace 4 cell today in the mail.

The charge leads/plugs that came with mine were Deans rip-off's ,I used them to connect to ESC ,and they all failed (3).Replaced with Genuine Deans ,but batts were allready shot. 1 lead in particular had a dry joint at the Deans that i didnt pick-up ,the car would cut out ,and then go again ,i think it wes re-conecting intermitantly because of the heat generated ;eventualy picked it up while charging ,the charger would state "batt not connected" ,ide give the deans a squeeze and it would go ;I kept blaming the Deans ,would clean the contacts etc ,but the phenomenon persisted .

+1 ,same question !

I tried this but no different ,batts were new,so were plugs.Cleaning the tubes helped a bit though .

bump
Old 04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Questions?? Gens Ace Question Bump

[QUOTE=noddy2;10621050]Done that too ,but now not ROAR approved.
Not what i wanted to hear. I just got a gen ace 4 cell today in the mail.

+1 ,same question !

any thing new ?