Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SXX Upgrade Kit

With regards to the upgrade kit? What was wrong with the old circuit board?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
With regards to the upgrade kit? What was wrong with the old circuit board?

Known to have a weak and sensitive BEC with a relatively high failure rate, especially when paired with Savox servos and Spektrum systems.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
I had to contact them. They usually answered within a day. I checked back once a week until they finally said my ESC shipped. Its a good idea to keep in touch with them.
thanks a lot calling today
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

i have ver2 sxx speedy if smooth excelerate from standing start ok, punch it speedy shuts off everything, no lights indercating anything?no steering. turn off switch, turn on switch, everythings on agian. chaged motors, hal senser wire, and speedy setings//???
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

will using the speedy with a savox servo possibly damage it?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny-g
i have ver2 sxx speedy if smooth excelerate from standing start ok, punch it speedy shuts off everything, no lights indercating anything?no steering. turn off switch, turn on switch, everythings on agian. chaged motors, hal senser wire, and speedy setings//???
Mine did the exact same thing the first race I used it. I sent it into AE and they said it was the BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit).

If you want to check and see if that is the problem, just plug in a 6volt battery pack to the battery port on your receiver and if it works fine like that then its the BEC in the ESC. From what I have found it is a common problem with the SXX speed controls.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

cheers russf
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Crash course:
Option 1- voltage cutoff. Pretty self explanatory. off, 1s, or 2s.
Option 2 - Throttle profile. profile 0 for blinky mode. profiles 1-4 for lrp motors, 5-10 for non lrp. higher # more aggresive profile
Option 3 - boost. odd #'s are slow ramping, even #s fast ramping. most of the time you use fast ramps. higher # more boost
Option 4 - drag brake - higher # = more.
I thought fast ramps heat up the motor. Was making do with slow ramps because of that.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigz
I thought fast ramps heat up the motor. Was making do with slow ramps because of that.
They can, but relative to the fast ramps, the slow ramps dont feel like they add much power. As long as you have the right combination of motor timing and gear, you wont overheat the motor, and you will be much faster on a fast ramp.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Do u need to upgrade the sxx tc ver 2?
Also what is the highest that u can set your boost with this speed controller
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by bhambrent
Anyone know what the part# is or When it will be available to buy ?

Thxs
I have a brand new one and am wondering why I should have to buy the upgrade, when it is actually a fix to a defective unit. What ever happened to qualty control? This should be a direct replacement at no cost as they are admitting to their products inability to do what it is itended to do. An upgrade is an optional part not a required part. I think they should issue it as a direct replacement at no cost. I'm leary of even installing mine. I guess I'll keep running my Tekins.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
I have a brand new one and am wondering why I should have to buy the upgrade, when it is actually a fix to a defective unit. What ever happened to qualty control? This should be a direct replacement at no cost as they are admitting to their products inability to do what it is itended to do. An upgrade is an optional part not a required part. I think they should issue it as a direct replacement at no cost. I'm leary of even installing mine. I guess I'll keep running my Tekins.
gonzo i have been running the stock spec ver 2 since it came out with no issues i had 2 of them both work with no issues i know they were having some issues in mod 12th with the booster cutting out but thats it,i even ran boosted with no problem i would put it in and run it.
ttyl
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
gonzo i have been running the stock spec ver 2 since it came out with no issues i had 2 of them both work with no issues i know they were having some issues in mod 12th with the booster cutting out but thats it,i even ran boosted with no problem i would put it in and run it.
ttyl
OK,Thanks. I'll have it in for next Wednesday at 360 V2.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Is the top setting for boost 6 blinks for sxx tc ver 2?

Last edited by bosfan; 05-05-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
I have a brand new one and am wondering why I should have to buy the upgrade, when it is actually a fix to a defective unit. What ever happened to qualty control? This should be a direct replacement at no cost as they are admitting to their products inability to do what it is itended to do. An upgrade is an optional part not a required part. I think they should issue it as a direct replacement at no cost. I'm leary of even installing mine.
My sentiments exactly. When I sent mine back in after it stopped working the first time out I was thinking that the new board should be free to those with legit warranty issues. Perhaps it will be at some point.

They did replace my unit with a "new" one. However it did take a long time to get it back and I missed a couple months of racing. I asked if it included the new board and the AE guy said he didnt think so since the board wasnt out yet at the time. It doesnt really matter to me as long as the thing keeps working. I ended up buying a spare and installed it before mine came back, so I now have a NIB one just in case it craps out again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.