R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/470496-lrp-sxx-stockspec-v2-esc.html)

aarivers 11-17-2011 11:22 AM

Okay so I just got a used Stock Spec V2 and am using it in a 1/10 1s oval car. 17.5 boosted. Most everyone else runs Tekin at my track, but I didn't want to have to deal with a rx pack. I was getting passed pretty bad on the straights and was wondering what settings you guys think I should be using. Surface is high bite carpet (actually the carpet from las vegas), roll out is right around 4.1. Motor timing as all the way up and it's not coming off hot.

Also judging from earlier posts looks like I wouldn't know if I had the latest firmware unless I had the USB bridge, correct?

Thanks

P.S. I swapped in a Novak Ballistic and ran the exact same lap times with it, so I don't think it's the motor.

bigz 11-25-2011 08:45 AM

Ok, i now have my stockspec version 2, problem is the cogging on the straights. In the technical side power is ok. I a
Ready replaced the sensor wire, motor sensor board and the profiles. I was told to use only odd numbers for the boost. I also tried fdr of 6.0 to no avail. Version on the esc is 4.4, can i reinstall the software or this is a bad esc?

JamesL_71 11-25-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by bigz (Post 9956724)
Ok, i now have my stockspec version 2, problem is the cogging on the straights. In the technical side power is ok. I a
Ready replaced the sensor wire, motor sensor board and the profiles. I was told to use only odd numbers for the boost. I also tried fdr of 6.0 to no avail. Version on the esc is 4.4, can i reinstall the software or this is a bad esc?

Have you tried a different motor?

I have gotten cogging on my Revtech before, and the endbell/sensor disc screws were a bit too tight. Loosening them fixed it right away.

Granted, this is a known problem with the Revtechs... but I wonder if your problem persists with different powerplants?

OVA 11-25-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by aarivers (Post 9923719)
Okay so I just got a used Stock Spec V2 and am using it in a 1/10 1s oval car. 17.5 boosted. Most everyone else runs Tekin at my track, but I didn't want to have to deal with a rx pack. I was getting passed pretty bad on the straights and was wondering what settings you guys think I should be using. Surface is high bite carpet (actually the carpet from las vegas), roll out is right around 4.1. Motor timing as all the way up and it's not coming off hot.

Also judging from earlier posts looks like I wouldn't know if I had the latest firmware unless I had the USB bridge, correct?

Thanks

P.S. I swapped in a Novak Ballistic and ran the exact same lap times with it, so I don't think it's the motor.

If you are getting passed pretty bad on the straight...yep you got the 4.1 software not 4.4...that happen to me too...the 4.4 fixed the slow ramp up timming ....4.1 is a slug,it okay for blinky

bigz 11-25-2011 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JamesL_71 (Post 9956740)
Have you tried a different motor?

I have gotten cogging on my Revtech before, and the endbell/sensor disc screws were a bit too tight. Loosening them fixed it right away.

Granted, this is a known problem with the Revtechs... but I wonder if your problem persists with different powerplants?

No problem with the motor since this is also the same motor i am using right now with my tekin. Same board, same cable. I don't know if the esc is defective. But will try a different motor just to check before i send it in for repair. Thanks.

bigz 11-26-2011 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by NR (Post 9912794)
bigz,

Went well, as quick as the fast guys and not an issue in sight, as a matter of fact it hardly got hot also, so I was extremely pleased.

Nathan

Nr,

What's your fdr? Setup on the esc? Unfortunately my esc cogs in the straight. Used x12 13.5 and fdr of 6.0. Changed already the wires and sensor board on the motor but still the same result. :flaming:

bigz 11-29-2011 05:31 AM

Anybody.....

Skiddins 11-29-2011 05:45 AM

What's the effect of running a non-x12 motor with the profiles at the lower end, the ones recommended for the x12 motors?

Skiddins

RedBullFiXX 11-29-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Skiddins (Post 9972145)
What's the effect of running a non-x12 motor with the profiles at the lower end, the ones recommended for the x12 motors?

Skiddins

The X12 or odd profile numbers ramp up slower.

shrek54 11-29-2011 11:58 AM

anyone got any setups for this esc and a 21.5 x12 motor on a large open carpet track

mtbboy 11-30-2011 09:36 PM

Hey,
I just updated my sxx comp v2.

Can someone post a link to the settings for version 4.0 please?

Thank you.
Dave.

shake&bake 12-09-2011 10:15 AM

LRP's turn time suxs!!!

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 9911227)
I will say this: LRP has pissed me off, five months after I bought my Stock Spec its BEC gave up, so I sent it in. They have had it for 24 days now, and I was told (in a round-about way) that I wont get a new one for about another month. Two months is a LONG service call. No more LRP. :flaming:

Tell me about it...Took me 4 weeks to get a replacement that only lasted 2 mins. I sent in my non working sphere and paid for a replacement (sxx ss v2) before Halloween and received my ss v2 yesterday...Got it all hooked up in my T4/17.5. Took it for a test spin and the esc stopped working within 2 mins wtf!!! No smoke No foul odor. So I called Ae/LRP this morning...guess what?? There out of stock. Great! Now I'm down another 2-4-6weeks :flaming: Guess I will be missing all the local track events for the remainder of the year. Pathetic!

kingbee9 12-09-2011 10:48 AM

another disgusted LRP user

great. now i won't get mine until january...i just sent it in right before thanksgiving (it blew up right before the Cleveland race)

JamesL_71 12-09-2011 04:17 PM

Has anyone used the 7.4v Works cap for 1/12th 1S?

The stock large black cap can be used for both 1S and 2S... what about the Works cap?

NR 12-10-2011 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by bigz (Post 9962263)
Nr,

What's your fdr? Setup on the esc? Unfortunately my esc cogs in the straight. Used x12 13.5 and fdr of 6.0. Changed already the wires and sensor board on the motor but still the same result. :flaming:

Sorry Bigz,

I only just seen this, I am running 17.5 with an FDR of 5.5, as for the ESC, i only know I am running the second highest boost setting and i think it's perfect.

I'm not to sure of the other settings :)

Speaking of cogging, my last run I think IT MAY have started doing this, but won't know till I run again. hopefully not. overall I am very pleased with it. speed, heat etc etc, although I am running the nosram monster heatsink and fan to help.

Nathan