R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/470496-lrp-sxx-stockspec-v2-esc.html)

Electro-MAX RC 04-23-2012 09:42 AM

SXX Upgrade Kit

With regards to the upgrade kit? What was wrong with the old circuit board?

Buckaroo 04-23-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC (Post 10641481)
With regards to the upgrade kit? What was wrong with the old circuit board?

Known to have a weak and sensitive BEC with a relatively high failure rate, especially when paired with Savox servos and Spektrum systems.

BlackStarRacing 04-23-2012 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by RussF (Post 10641368)
I had to contact them. They usually answered within a day. I checked back once a week until they finally said my ESC shipped. Its a good idea to keep in touch with them.

thanks a lot calling today

johnny-g 04-30-2012 06:28 AM

i have ver2 sxx speedy if smooth excelerate from standing start ok, punch it speedy shuts off everything, no lights indercating anything?no steering. turn off switch, turn on switch, everythings on agian. chaged motors, hal senser wire, and speedy setings//???

narcotiks 05-01-2012 01:15 AM

will using the speedy with a savox servo possibly damage it?

RussF 05-01-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by johnny-g (Post 10670917)
i have ver2 sxx speedy if smooth excelerate from standing start ok, punch it speedy shuts off everything, no lights indercating anything?no steering. turn off switch, turn on switch, everythings on agian. chaged motors, hal senser wire, and speedy setings//???

Mine did the exact same thing the first race I used it. I sent it into AE and they said it was the BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit).

If you want to check and see if that is the problem, just plug in a 6volt battery pack to the battery port on your receiver and if it works fine like that then its the BEC in the ESC. From what I have found it is a common problem with the SXX speed controls.

johnny-g 05-03-2012 06:17 AM

cheers russf

bigz 05-03-2012 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 (Post 10612783)
Crash course:
Option 1- voltage cutoff. Pretty self explanatory. off, 1s, or 2s.
Option 2 - Throttle profile. profile 0 for blinky mode. profiles 1-4 for lrp motors, 5-10 for non lrp. higher # more aggresive profile
Option 3 - boost. odd #'s are slow ramping, even #s fast ramping. most of the time you use fast ramps. higher # more boost
Option 4 - drag brake - higher # = more.

I thought fast ramps heat up the motor. Was making do with slow ramps because of that. ;)

geeunit1014 05-03-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bigz (Post 10686156)
I thought fast ramps heat up the motor. Was making do with slow ramps because of that. ;)

They can, but relative to the fast ramps, the slow ramps dont feel like they add much power. As long as you have the right combination of motor timing and gear, you wont overheat the motor, and you will be much faster on a fast ramp.

bosfan 05-03-2012 11:52 PM

Do u need to upgrade the sxx tc ver 2?
Also what is the highest that u can set your boost with this speed controller

gonzo416 05-04-2012 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by bhambrent (Post 10612130)
Anyone know what the part# is or When it will be available to buy ?

Thxs

I have a brand new one and am wondering why I should have to buy the upgrade, when it is actually a fix to a defective unit. What ever happened to qualty control? This should be a direct replacement at no cost as they are admitting to their products inability to do what it is itended to do. An upgrade is an optional part not a required part. I think they should issue it as a direct replacement at no cost. I'm leary of even installing mine. I guess I'll keep running my Tekins.

Warren Weaver 05-04-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by gonzo416 (Post 10690255)
I have a brand new one and am wondering why I should have to buy the upgrade, when it is actually a fix to a defective unit. What ever happened to qualty control? This should be a direct replacement at no cost as they are admitting to their products inability to do what it is itended to do. An upgrade is an optional part not a required part. I think they should issue it as a direct replacement at no cost. I'm leary of even installing mine. I guess I'll keep running my Tekins.

gonzo i have been running the stock spec ver 2 since it came out with no issues i had 2 of them both work with no issues i know they were having some issues in mod 12th with the booster cutting out but thats it,i even ran boosted with no problem i would put it in and run it.
ttyl

gonzo416 05-04-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver (Post 10690490)
gonzo i have been running the stock spec ver 2 since it came out with no issues i had 2 of them both work with no issues i know they were having some issues in mod 12th with the booster cutting out but thats it,i even ran boosted with no problem i would put it in and run it.
ttyl

OK,Thanks. I'll have it in for next Wednesday at 360 V2.

bosfan 05-04-2012 10:27 PM

Is the top setting for boost 6 blinks for sxx tc ver 2?

RussF 05-07-2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by gonzo416 (Post 10690255)
I have a brand new one and am wondering why I should have to buy the upgrade, when it is actually a fix to a defective unit. What ever happened to qualty control? This should be a direct replacement at no cost as they are admitting to their products inability to do what it is itended to do. An upgrade is an optional part not a required part. I think they should issue it as a direct replacement at no cost. I'm leary of even installing mine.

My sentiments exactly. When I sent mine back in after it stopped working the first time out I was thinking that the new board should be free to those with legit warranty issues. Perhaps it will be at some point.

They did replace my unit with a "new" one. However it did take a long time to get it back and I missed a couple months of racing. I asked if it included the new board and the AE guy said he didnt think so since the board wasnt out yet at the time. It doesnt really matter to me as long as the thing keeps working. I ended up buying a spare and installed it before mine came back, so I now have a NIB one just in case it craps out again.