R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/470496-lrp-sxx-stockspec-v2-esc.html)

RedBullFiXX 01-07-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mracer (Post 10136666)
Yes sir, from the start. I set all that up before I hooked it up new.

Ok.
Have you tried without the throttle channel reversed ?
That is how my Futaba radio is set. Though with my radio it works either way.

mracer 01-07-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX (Post 10136719)
Ok.
Have you tried without the throttle channel reversed ?
That is how my Futaba radio is set. Though with my radio it works either way.

No sir, I will though. I have a Ko Eurus. I am starting to think it is something in my radio.

artwork 01-07-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mracer (Post 10136756)
No sir, I will though. I have a Ko Eurus. I am starting to think it is something in my radio.

Try a new model in your radio if you not done so and make sure you try the throttle reverse as well.

mhavlena 01-14-2012 11:43 AM

Sensor wire

Does one have to use the sensor wire that comes with the kit?
Just wondering whether there is something specific about the one that comes in the box that the ESC prefers..?

Thx!!

Three 01-14-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mhavlena (Post 10170553)
Does one have to use the sensor wire that comes with the kit?
Just wondering whether there is something specific about the one that comes in the box that the ESC prefers..?

Thx!!

Nope. Replace it with the best:
http://www.tqracing.com/sensor.htm

Infinite 12th 01-16-2012 11:57 AM

First I love my stock/spec. Really easy to use and smooth. I was curious can it be used in TC mod with say 4.5 turn? Will it overheat or anything cause it says 4 turn minimum I just want to be certain? Would also the TC spec be better in mod? Wondering how does TC spec feel in comparison to the stock/spec? Does the blinky also feel the same for both?

I ask cause I'll be racing TC stock blinky for a while and want to know if the stock/spec will be advantage in 17.5 blinky over the TC spec

Otherwise I'll just keep my stock/spec in my 12thmod if it's not better for blinky TC 17.5

Preemptive thanks :D

numnut862 01-28-2012 09:29 PM

Has anyone got any setup for an x12 21.5 with an hobbbywing 60amp? atm fdr was 6.156 temp 98 dreg im thinking it has to do with my settings had fdr at 5.7 it was much better temps about 82.

Jochim_18 01-29-2012 11:25 AM

I usually Run MOD but I have run LRP Stock Spec Version 2 And LRP TC Spec Version 1 on 17.5 blinky. Having using both Speedcontrol I run faster with TC Spec Version 1 with Profile crank up to Profile 10 :nod: and its really smooth on power. However I got accused of cheating since I was using LRP TC version 1 does this version have some sort timing build in when using the highest profile I know LRP TC spec version 1 in approved by ROAR for Blinky class am I correct? Do I have to use certain profile using LRP TC Spec Version?

Infinite 12th 01-29-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jochim_18 (Post 10245385)
I usually Run MOD but I have run LRP Stock Spec Version 2 And LRP TC Spec Version 1 on 17.5 blinky. Having using both Speedcontrol I run faster with TC Spec Version 1 with Profile crank up to Profile 10 :nod: and its really smooth on power. However I got accused of cheating since I was using LRP TC version 1 does this version have some sort timing build in when using the highest profile I know LRP TC spec version 1 in approved by ROAR for Blinky class am I correct? Do I have to use certain profile using LRP TC Spec Version?

I'm not positive but I think the V1 only the boost has to be set to 0 to get blinky

With the V2 both feel and boost have to be set at 0 to get blinky

Jochim_18 01-29-2012 08:19 PM

There is no boost adjustment I'm running the TC spec version 1 not the Stock spec...

RedBullFiXX 01-29-2012 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jochim_18 (Post 10247867)
There is no boost adjustment I'm running the TC spec version 1 not the Stock spec...

I like that esc for stock as well. V2
setup same as you in 12th scale though.

Yes it is ROAR legal, lites are a blinkin.

Sean Cochran 01-29-2012 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jochim_18 (Post 10245385)

LRP SXX TC Version 1 does not have a "blinky" mode if your running power setting 10 you are getting some timing.

Sean Cochran 01-31-2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th (Post 10179967)
First I love my stock/spec. Really easy to use and smooth. I was curious can it be used in TC mod with say 4.5 turn? Will it overheat or anything cause it says 4 turn minimum I just want to be certain? Would also the TC spec be better in mod? Wondering how does TC spec feel in comparison to the stock/spec? Does the blinky also feel the same for both?

I ask cause I'll be racing TC stock blinky for a while and want to know if the stock/spec will be advantage in 17.5 blinky over the TC spec

Otherwise I'll just keep my stock/spec in my 12thmod if it's not better for blinky TC 17.5

Preemptive thanks :D

Yes it could run a 4.5t but you might need to add a fan. The problem will be control, even on the lowest power stating a 4.5 will be extremely hard to drive. The TC spec is designed to make mod motors smooth and controllable. The blinky modes should be the same in both SS and TC.

Infinite 12th 02-01-2012 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 10259052)
Yes it could run a 4.5t but you might need to add a fan. The problem will be control, even on the lowest power stating a 4.5 will be extremely hard to drive. The TC spec is designed to make mod motors smooth and controllable. The blinky modes should be the same in both SS and TC.

Thank you Sean

That answers a lot of questions for me ;)

artwork 02-01-2012 07:15 AM

Sean or anyone else-

Has anyone noticed issues when trying to run the v3.0 software with an LRP 13.5 or a 17.5. It seems after running it for a few seconds it starts blinking (fast red and amber) like the sensor wire or motor sensor board is bad. It seems to get confused on what position it is in and goes into protect mode. I have tried multiple motors and sensor wires with no improvement. Moving back to v1.5 fixes the issue entirely. This has been seen on the SXX V2 and the SXX TC Spec V2.

Is this a problem or a known issue or am I just the lucky person that currently has four LRP speed controls exhibiting this behavior?