Search

DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 05:20 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmcn r
Hey guys I have been reading over DSM-R compared to our DSM2 and am not quite sure whats the main advantages. Anybody has some insight?
with DSMR spek decided to join the rest of the industry with "freq hopping",
if your current channel is fuzzy the TX will try to find a cleaner channel

older DSM1 & 2 only did that at first handshake

supposedly DSMR is a bit "faster" but its already superhuman fast anyways.
(can't tell any difference between 5.5, 11 or 16.5... its all in the mind!!)

and the TXs have the sharkfin aerial, probably a bit tougher than the ole floppy snakebean

i might buy a DSMR when i find a need for 4th channel.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A friend told me about a company that makes a replacement trigger for the DX3Rpro in aluminum that is adjustable? have any of you heard this?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Help with DSMR and DSM2 compatibility

Originally Posted by jmcn r
Hey guys I have been reading over DSM-R compared to our DSM2 and am not quite sure whats the main advantages. Anybody has some insight?
If I buy a new Spectrum DSMR Transmitter, will it bind to and work with all the old Spectrum Receivers (DSM2?) I have in my 8 other on and off road vehicles? Right now I have the DX3R Pro and want to buy a new DSMR radio as a graduation gift, but I want him to be able to still drive my cars with his radio until he gets his own. (I'm left handed and he is not).
Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
If I buy a new Spectrum DSMR Transmitter, will it bind to and work with all the old Spectrum Receivers (DSM2?) I have in my 8 other on and off road vehicles? Right now I have the DX3R Pro and want to buy a new DSMR radio as a graduation gift, but I want him to be able to still drive my cars with his radio until he gets his own. (I'm left handed and he is not).
Yep, my DX4R binds with my SR3100 receivers just fine.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Yep, my DX4R binds with my SR3100 receivers just fine.
Thanks Yosh70. Since you have a DX4R, does it have a servo speed function in the scroll down menu like my DX3R does? I like that function as I can match the servo speed to the track and my driving style.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Thanks Yosh70. Since you have a DX4R, does it have a servo speed function in the scroll down menu like my DX3R does? I like that function as I can match the servo speed to the track and my driving style.
Got the answer to all my questions thanks all! Bought the DX4S has all the features I wanted & its in stock so it will be here in time for a graduation present.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hi

Originally Posted by td-civ
i order them in bulk from hong kong you have to buy 40 or more if you like i can sell you a set for 15 shipped i make rx packs out of them and sell them for 30 shipped

as for how i did it ill make a youtube vid on how i did it and how to make a charger to charge the cells in the next day or so
still selling them?????
Old 06-15-2014, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default dx3 r pro travel

hey guys got a slight issue with the dx3r pro radio.

just swapped out the radio gear for the hotbodies d812 buggy.

upon setting up travel end points is set to 150 % left and right with 100% steering rate.

tho i dont have full lock steering left and right the steering is set just shy of full steering left and right.

steering servo ko propo bsx servo.

any help appreciated

ps: i think is the original software hasnt been updated (unsure how to update anyway)
Old 07-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy DX3R PRO problems.

My radio has a evil mind of its own. It does what it wants...glitches...goes full throttle...doesn't want to do anything. It does this with every vehicle I have. Tried a different radio and bind it to the receivers...everything ok! The radio maybe has an hour on it tops so I hope I can get it straightened out! I love the radio! I guess I have to call Spektrum and see if I can get this fixed or do you guys have any ideas? thanks...Jimmy
Old 07-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Lauri
My radio has a evil mind of its own. It does what it wants...glitches...goes full throttle...doesn't want to do anything. It does this with every vehicle I have. Tried a different radio and bind it to the receivers...everything ok! The radio maybe has an hour on it tops so I hope I can get it straightened out! I love the radio! I guess I have to call Spektrum and see if I can get this fixed or do you guys have any ideas? thanks...Jimmy
try resetting throttle and steering calibration on the radio
Old 07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pmadrid13
try resetting throttle and steering calibration on the radio
I will do this...I think I might have caused the problem! I would like to erase all model set ups and start over again. I also need to update to latest SD card. pmadrid13 thank you very much. I will keep the post updated.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

I will do this...I think I might have caused the problem! I would like to erase all model set ups and start over again. I also need to update to latest SD card. pmadrid13 thank you very much. I will keep the post updated.
pmadrid13 you were correct! Followed your advice and now the radio works perfectly. I also installed all the latest updates. I was the one to blame for it not working correctly (recalibrating). Thanks for your help!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

pmadrid13 you were correct! Followed your advice and now the radio works perfectly. I also installed all the latest updates. I was the one to blame for it not working correctly (recalibrating). Thanks for your help!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Vibrating but not working

Hi, I recently bought a used DX3R Pro which worked great for maybe an hour's total use. It has now stopped working, only vibrating constantly with a dimly lit LCD. I asked my wife, she didn't do this...

As I clearly have no warranty, and on a tight budget, is there a remedy I can try to get it working again? Google tells me that it is a "send it back for repair" situation, but all those posts are over a year old so I'm wondering if a solution has been found that my search terms didn't pick up.

I'm happy to take it apart myself if it's a relatively easy fix. Just trying not to spend any more cash on it right now. Thanks in advance for any advice.

*edit. I should mention I'm in brisbane , Australia if anyone knows the best place to go for repair if necessary.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by recoverytrouble
Hi, I recently bought a used DX3R Pro which worked great for maybe an hour's total use. It has now stopped working, only vibrating constantly with a dimly lit LCD. I asked my wife, she didn't do this...

As I clearly have no warranty, and on a tight budget, is there a remedy I can try to get it working again? Google tells me that it is a "send it back for repair" situation, but all those posts are over a year old so I'm wondering if a solution has been found that my search terms didn't pick up.

I'm happy to take it apart myself if it's a relatively easy fix. Just trying not to spend any more cash on it right now. Thanks in advance for any advice.

*edit. I should mention I'm in brisbane , Australia if anyone knows the best place to go for repair if necessary.
What voltage doe it show for the batteries?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.