Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I just got my dx3r pro yesterday. I switched from the dx3c. So far I really happy with it. I like how it fits in my hand better than the 3c. The drop down is very comfortable. I really like the lap counter with the vibrating feature.

If only I had a little more brake throw though.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Lap timer problem

How does it work I plugged up the module to my receiver put there's no lights and the trigger in blinking a yellow light.I rolled the car pass the trigger but nothing happen.Anybody know what's wrong.

Last edited by emancipation007; 01-27-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default DX3R PRO

Well guys i have a new DX3R PRO and i did like it but , i am haveing some issues with it , first it has only been used a handful of times and it did not want to turn off i turned the switch off and it stayed on crap not good right so i took the battery's out for a little bit and thought ok no big deal , but then i put battery's back in and now the screan does not come up and all it does is vibrate has anyone else have this problem and is there a quick fix for it or do i need to send back
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
Well guys i have a new DX3R PRO and i did like it but , i am haveing some issues with it , first it has only been used a handful of times and it did not want to turn off i turned the switch off and it stayed on crap not good right so i took the battery's out for a little bit and thought ok no big deal , but then i put battery's back in and now the screan does not come up and all it does is vibrate has anyone else have this problem and is there a quick fix for it or do i need to send back
Are the batteries you are using fresh and a name brand?

The only issue I've had was range with my DX3R Pro was this past weekend.

When binding with a 3520RX (very short antenna) I had forgotten to pull the wire up the antenna tube (was still coiled up in RX box on my RC8.2). Once that was corrected, no issue as in I have not Lund it's limits yet.

This past week, I swapped out the 3520RX for. 3300T RX to try out the telemetry features of the DX3R Pro. The 3300T has a much longer antenna (maybe for transmitting the telemetry data back to the DX3R). I bought another antenna tube and installed it at max length up the tube, no slack in the electronics box on my RC8.2, I fired up the nitro, warmed it up and watched the temps climb for warmup. Pretty cool! However once the car was off at about 175 ft, it stopped. I figured the engine stalled. As I walked closer to the car, I gained on troll again and the realized it simply went into the fail safe mode - thankfully I set that at binding. I later went the same range as before, same hing. Now, I was in an open park environment. No other r/c's in the area.

I understand if I lose telemetry at distances of 100-200ft - however I should not be loosing conrol of my car at such short range. My former Futaba 3PJ (75mhz) would easily go farther than I could see to control my car every time.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default DX3R PRO

yep batteries are good it showed 6.6 on the meter and same batteries that i use in my DX3R
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RumbleBeeAL
Are the batteries you are using fresh and a name brand?

The only issue I've had was range with my DX3R Pro was this past weekend.

When binding with a 3520RX (very short antenna) I had forgotten to pull the wire up the antenna tube (was still coiled up in RX box on my RC8.2). Once that was corrected, no issue as in I have not Lund it's limits yet.

This past week, I swapped out the 3520RX for. 3300T RX to try out the telemetry features of the DX3R Pro. The 3300T has a much longer antenna (maybe for transmitting the telemetry data back to the DX3R). I bought another antenna tube and installed it at max length up the tube, no slack in the electronics box on my RC8.2, I fired up the nitro, warmed it up and watched the temps climb for warmup. Pretty cool! However once the car was off at about 175 ft, it stopped. I figured the engine stalled. As I walked closer to the car, I gained on troll again and the realized it simply went into the fail safe mode - thankfully I set that at binding. I later went the same range as before, same hing. Now, I was in an open park environment. No other r/c's in the area.

I understand if I lose telemetry at distances of 100-200ft - however I should not be loosing conrol of my car at such short range. My former Futaba 3PJ (75mhz) would easily go farther than I could see to control my car every time.
I noticed when my tx batteries got below 5.8, I would get slight glitches. Am gonna start using a life battery pack.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got a crunchy knob.

Got your attention, huh? The steering rate knob on my radio has become a little crunchy. I've only owned it for a month, its never seen dust or dirt and has only 4 indoor, carpet racing days behind it. Any thoughts? Can the knob be pulled off from the front, or is disassembly required?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
I've got a crunchy knob.

Got your attention, huh? The steering rate knob on my radio has become a little crunchy. I've only owned it for a month, its never seen dust or dirt and has only 4 indoor, carpet racing days behind it. Any thoughts? Can the knob be pulled off from the front, or is disassembly required?

Thanks!
Since these radios offer a drop-down option, I'd suspect all you need to inspect is behind the main wheel assembly.

Additionally, I suspect if you carefully remove the center "hub cap" on the steering wheel, you will find a screw that retains the wheel on the front side.

If you find grit of some sort, maybe hit it with compressed air or contact cleaner as you work the wheel in full motion.

I don't believe you would need to disassemble the entire radio.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks like I posted this in the wrong spot. I had thought the 3R had the steering rate knob beside the wheel. I've actually got a 4S, that shares its overall design with the 2S/3S, but a bunch of 3R as well.

That's what I get for not being careful enough.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone know where can I buy the small grip?

it can't be found anywhere online.
Asked horizon hobby, it took them a week to send me a link of the big grip.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
anyone know where can I buy the small grip?

it can't be found anywhere online.
Asked horizon hobby, it took them a week to send me a link of the big grip.
Hideeho
If you have the big grip I'll trade you my little grip for it.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
If you have the big grip I'll trade you my little grip for it.
sorry I couldn't wait for it, ended up cutting out a small grip out of a big one... a week ago...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
sorry I couldn't wait for it, ended up cutting out a small grip out of a big one... a week ago...
Hideeho
Oh well, a day (week) late & a dollar short I guess
Old 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows if you can upgrade the radio to dsmr. The new technology looks great on a spectrum analyzer!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just called Spektrum and spoke with tech support. They said it is not upgradeable to DSMR They are getting many calls for a DX4R pro with this new technology that it would be suprising if they didn't introduce one but they had no idea when.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.