Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cooptroop123
innovative? not really... i guarantee that this works exactly the same as every other brushless motor. they all work on the same principles. this is nothing new. looks like some nice stuff, but still nothing new or innovative in my opinion
So, i do have a question-what makes a Tekin system innovative, or Novak, or LRP. Its the little things that make each individual system innovative in its own way.

Do not knock a product till you know anything about it. That is just common sense.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by cooptroop123
no, but i assure you that they use electromagnets whose polarity is controlled by the esc to apply a series of moments on the armature which makes it spin, just like pretty much all electric motors. i guarantee they have all the same parts as any other brushless motor too, a stator, a rotor, etc... Not to be a dick but i know what im talking about.

I doubt it, i bet the electronic components and circuit design on the esc is very very similar to other bl esc designs out there. and it must send basically the same signal to the motor as other esc's for everything to work properly. and as for the motor, take it apart and tell me if you see anything different from any other bl motor. you wont. all the parts will look exactly the same.
sounds like you like orange power products.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pakk
What did he find in the motor? Can you guys share what makes these electronics so innovative?
check my stuff out at ripon this weekend louie and you can even tear into a motor.. no pics though! jk..
Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Touring cars are all 4wd and independent suspension, but is this to say that all tc chassis parts are proprietary?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

As with any industry as the industry standard progresses it becomes increasingly difficult to be innovative and forward thinking. Which makes our job all the more wonderfully challenging to release products with their own unique qualities. Of course our electronics function with the same basic principles as other brushless systems, thats how BRUSHLESS SYSTEMS WORK. We're not introducing a fuel cell system (because that couldn't be ROAR approved... ). Innovation rises from the smallest details. Such as our esc's ability to program through our hand held ProGauge 5in1 tool without removing the rx connector and the ultra low resistance, high copper circuit boards. You may also want to check out the solder tabs on our motors
Our ProGauge 5in1 device is the only product to offer all those tools - servo tester, battery monitor, electronic device interface, tachometer, and PPM signal monitor, into one unit.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mini-dub
As with any industry as the industry standard progresses it becomes increasingly difficult to be innovative and forward thinking. Which makes our job all the more wonderfully challenging to release products with their own unique qualities. Of course our electronics function with the same basic principles as other brushless systems, thats how BRUSHLESS SYSTEMS WORK. We're not introducing a fuel cell system (because that couldn't be ROAR approved... ). Innovation rises from the smallest details. Such as our esc's ability to program through our hand held ProGauge 5in1 tool without removing the rx connector and ultra low resistance, high copper circuit boards.
Our ProGauge 5in1 device is the only product to offer all those tools - servo tester, battery monitor, electronic device interface, tachometer, and PPM signal monitor, into one unit.
Nope. Not innovative. It has power going thru it. Just like every other speedo. Sorry.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

i never understood why people look for the negative in a situation rather than the overwhelming positive, a guy has created a company with motors and esc's that you can tell he is passionate about, with people running the product that are just as excited as he is, its all the little things that add up to make something innovative, and its all those little things that add up to make the product different. if every one thought like the guy making the un needed post we would still have mechanical speedos
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Nope. Not innovative. It has power going thru it. Just like every other speedo. Sorry.

You are a deadset clown..... Yes it has power going thru it but its the way the power goes thru it..... lets just face it if your using viper gear and havent had success then you need to go back to the basics and learn to drive and setup of the car....

These guys at viper have made the little things count and given us a edge of the competition but the edge will only be there if u have everything else right and you DONT suck at driving haha....

I really think anyone that has anything negative to say about viper doesnt deserve to use their stuff as it is the state of the art equipment.

I am using a vst17.5 on a rs pro in my tc6 and it is heads above the rest when it comes to what the motor can achieve far better results than any other motor I have tried to date.... With gearing and timing as would be abuse to another motor these viper motors love the so called abuse and want more of it cause the temps are just amazing while being able to push limits without any problems.....

Everyone talking about its just the same it sounds like you guys all know BUGGER all about it so keep your mouth shut and stop dribbling shit and talkin a new company down.....

Oh and I will be the same as everyone else after they dont have the guts to keep to their word by trying to offend someone and then go

OH sorry....

Get a grip. Period.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jjfo80
You are a deadset clown..... Yes it has power going thru it but its the way the power goes thru it..... lets just face it if your using viper gear and havent had success then you need to go back to the basics and learn to drive and setup of the car....

These guys at viper have made the little things count and given us a edge of the competition but the edge will only be there if u have everything else right and you DONT suck at driving haha....

I really think anyone that has anything negative to say about viper doesnt deserve to use their stuff as it is the state of the art equipment.

I am using a vst17.5 on a rs pro in my tc6 and it is heads above the rest when it comes to what the motor can achieve far better results than any other motor I have tried to date.... With gearing and timing as would be abuse to another motor these viper motors love the so called abuse and want more of it cause the temps are just amazing while being able to push limits without any problems.....

Everyone talking about its just the same it sounds like you guys all know BUGGER all about it so keep your mouth shut and stop dribbling shit and talkin a new company down.....

Oh and I will be the same as everyone else after they dont have the guts to keep to their word by trying to offend someone and then go

OH sorry....

Get a grip. Period.
You do realize I was AGREEING with Weylin... I am a Viper Team Driver.... this stuff is truly one of a kind.

Unless you were quoting me and agreeing with my sarcasm.... you didnt read into it.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jjfo80

Chill chill Fordy I think you just missed what was happening from the page prior. Appreciate the support and kind words towards the product though Cant wait to get some speedos down under!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

You do realize I was AGREEING with Weylin... I am a Viper Team Driver.... this stuff is truly one of a kind.

Unless you were quoting me and agreeing with my sarcasm.... you didnt read into it.
i dont think he meant to quote you.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smokinu
i dont think he meant to quote you.
lol
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

So... in other words... NOTHING to you is innovative anymore because they all do the same thing.

And yes, if you take apart a Viper motor, their are quite a few little things that are different than other motors. Had a tekin factory driver take apart one of mine just to look at it, and he was VERY surprised at the little things he found.

Yes, a motor is a motor, a speedo is a speedo. Its the programming and adjustability and ease of use that makes it innovative.

Not to be a dick, but I know what I am talking about. Lol.
pretty much yea, not much innovation with brushless systems. refinements in design yes (smaller, lighter, etc..) but not innovations. and these improvements are largely due to better manufacturing technology available, with only small improvements in design if any. lets face it, calling it an innovation is just marketing. brushless motors themselves are an innovation, because they are very different from a standard brushed motor and any other motor type, they are a NEW technology. I dont see any technological breakthroughs here worthy of the term innovation. lightbulbs, led's, modern composite materials, computers, lipo batteries, 3d printers (rapid prototype machines), etc.. now those are innovations, they use technology that is completely new or at least significantly different from their predecessors. sorry, but these products just arent anything different.

Now im not saying you havent made a great motor/esc system, im just saying that i do not think it is an innovation. it is hard to innovate on such a proven system, but i am sure it can be done.

So, i do have a question-what makes a Tekin system innovative, or Novak, or LRP. Its the little things that make each individual system innovative in its own way.

Do not knock a product till you know anything about it. That is just common sense.
answer- nothing. none of them i would consider innovative. they copy designs of other brushless motors, and just machine the cases and stuff differently so it looks different; with very slight if any changes to actual working components of the system. And im not knocking the product, I am disputing whether it is truly an innovation. in my opinion that is just a marketing scheme used by pretty much every manufacturer. yes very slight improvements are made, but that has to do more with advances in the design and manufacturing processes which gives tighter tolerances and such rather than actual innovation of the system itself.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i really like the design of the viper motor alot.....the rear sensor housing is i think great...and the spring idea for the rotor spacing also.......made me buy one.....because its that little bit different

would like to try the new esc one day too!!!!...

and to weylin....many thanks for all your help and advice...
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
What did he find in the motor? Can you guys share what makes these electronics so innovative?
hamsters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.