Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm going... that should be reason enough for you to make the trip down
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

any one running a viper 5.5 in a losi xxx s g

looking for gearing help. asphalt season is about to start!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I'm going... that should be reason enough for you to make the trip down
Oh the incentive!! Who else you know is coming from the NW? And are people driving or flying?

Originally Posted by smokinu
any one running a viper 5.5 in a losi xxx s g

looking for gearing help. asphalt season is about to start!
I doubt anyone is running a XXX-S anymore , but you want to start around a 7.5-8.0 FDR with the 5.5. Lower gearing is usually a safer starting point so you don't burn it up of course.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mini-dub
I doubt anyone is running a XXX-S anymore , but you want to start around a 7.5-8.0 FDR with the 5.5. Lower gearing is usually a safer starting point so you don't burn it up of course.
haha i know right weylin!?

thanks for the help.. im going to go through the car this weekend and get it ready..
maybe i will just order a couple 17.5's and start in the ramping class.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, just wanted to share the good news!!!

Another race, another victory!!! Mike Wilder drove his TQ chassis powered by VST8.5 with the VTX10 speed control from Viper R/C Solutions to take 2nd place in the SC Showdown Series, Round 1 at RC Excitement in Fitchburg MA. After qualifying his SX10SC 4th overall, a great start got to third behind Mike Truhe and Brian Kinwald. Mech...anical trouble for Truhe would let Mike pass into second. And while he could pressure the legendary BK, he couldn’t catch him.

Viper had a big presence at this race and even had the logo on the straight shoot. NICE!!! We also had a booth showing off our motors and ESC.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ESC Pre-Order!

The esc's are almost here Premier Hobbies is now taking pre-orders for everyone's information.

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Did someone say Pre Order...?

http://www.premierehobbies.com/categ...ESC/ESC/Viper/

http://www.premierehobbies.com/categ...otors-and-ESC/

Working on image files for you guys.... but i assure you... they are the real thing

And motors are here-
http://www.premierehobbies.com/categ...otor/Viper-RC/

Last edited by mini-dub; 04-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

my boosted vtx10 and 8.5 ready to go for tarmac season!

weylin lmk when i can order a 10r so i can get that 5.5 flyin!
Attached Thumbnails Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!-100_5306.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

innovative? not really... i guarantee that this works exactly the same as every other brushless motor. they all work on the same principles. this is nothing new. looks like some nice stuff, but still nothing new or innovative in my opinion
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cooptroop123
innovative? not really... i guarantee that this works exactly the same as every other brushless motor. they all work on the same principles. this is nothing new. looks like some nice stuff, but still nothing new or innovative in my opinion
Have you ever tried one? Cuz if you havent... then you have NO clue.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

the esc's are pretty inovative.. and the motors are completley different from every other build out their.. the sensor board in these motors is top notch

Mr. Lewis.. No rust and dirt on that car huh!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Oh the incentive!! Who else you know is coming from the NW? And are people driving or flying ?
I'm looking into going to the Reedy race too, a few things have to line up first, probably flying as I've built up some Alaska CC airlines miles.
It's a great track Weylin you'll enjoy it. The weather has to cooperate !

Jake
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

the esc's are pretty inovative.. and the motors are completley different from every other build out their.. the sensor board in these motors is top notch

KalGard ftw!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Have you ever tried one? Cuz if you havent... then you have NO clue.
no, but i assure you that they use electromagnets whose polarity is controlled by the esc to apply a series of moments on the armature which makes it spin, just like pretty much all electric motors. i guarantee they have all the same parts as any other brushless motor too, a stator, a rotor, etc... Not to be a dick but i know what im talking about.

I doubt it, i bet the electronic components and circuit design on the esc is very very similar to other bl esc designs out there. and it must send basically the same signal to the motor as other esc's for everything to work properly. and as for the motor, take it apart and tell me if you see anything different from any other bl motor. you wont. all the parts will look exactly the same.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

no, but i assure you that they use electromagnets whose polarity is controlled by the esc to apply a series of moments on the armature which makes it spin, just like pretty much all electric motors. i guarantee they have all the same parts as any other brushless motor too, a stator, a rotor, etc... Not to be a dick but i know what im talking about.

I doubt it, i bet the electronic components and circuit design on the esc is very very similar to other bl esc designs out there. and it must send basically the same signal to the motor as other esc's for everything to work properly. and as for the motor, take it apart and tell me if you see anything different from any other bl motor. you wont. all the parts will look exactly the same.

So... in other words... NOTHING to you is innovative anymore because they all do the same thing.

And yes, if you take apart a Viper motor, their are quite a few little things that are different than other motors. Had a tekin factory driver take apart one of mine just to look at it, and he was VERY surprised at the little things he found.

Yes, a motor is a motor, a speedo is a speedo. Its the programming and adjustability and ease of use that makes it innovative.

Not to be a dick, but I know what I am talking about. Lol.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

What did he find in the motor? Can you guys share what makes these electronics so innovative?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.