Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hello friends

I would like you guys to tell me what features you would like on our Hobbywing products i can say a larger bec like 7.4v 6 amp is on the cards but id like some ideas from you the customers i wont promise that they will be implemented that will all depend if they can be done in the hardware and software.

post your ideas here.

thanks your friend always Angelo
Old 10-23-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default New features

Angelo
There is a device available that you connect to the sensor lead that by lighting one of 3 LED's in turn tells you if the sensor board and sensor cable are working properly. if that feature could be incorporated that would be really useful in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hello friends

I would like you guys to tell me what features you would like on our Hobbywing products i can say a larger bec like 7.4v 6 amp is on the cards but id like some ideas from you the customers i wont promise that they will be implemented that will all depend if they can be done in the hardware and software.

post your ideas here.

If we are talking ESC's I would say a little smaller, especially with current chassis design getting narrower, better brakes for spec racing, LRP and others are well ahead on this front. Love the built in switch, maybe a little more robust, seen a few with the switch faulty, oh and make it waterproof
Old 10-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Hello friends

post your ideas here.

a HW app for smartphones to adj esc settings
Current limiter and custom throttle curve esc settings
Smaller & lighter 1/8 scale ESCs
Motors with ceramic bearings installed
Motor sensor wire harness
Old 10-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bosscat
Angelo
There is a device available that you connect to the sensor lead that by lighting one of 3 LED's in turn tells you if the sensor board and sensor cable are working properly. if that feature could be incorporated that would be really useful in my opinion.
Great idea!

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
a HW app for smartphones to adj esc settings
Current limiter and custom throttle curve esc settings
Smaller & lighter 1/8 scale ESCs
Also great ideas. A smartphone app for Android is a must.

Smaller ESC's with more powerful braking too.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Use a plug for the receiver wire.

I'm fine using the box instead of taking a chance frying my phone, the box is tiny and cheap.

I do like the sensor check idea, maybe have the program box show that
Old 10-24-2014, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar
If we are talking ESC's I would say a little smaller, especially with current chassis design getting narrower, better brakes for spec racing, LRP and others are well ahead on this front. Love the built in switch, maybe a little more robust, seen a few with the switch faulty, oh and make it waterproof
I run a HW V3.1 esc with a HW V10 5.5t motor and I can tell you brakes are super strong! I don't put BR SW point 1 and 2 to the maximal value (20) because tyres will slip on asphalt if I do...so the HW pair (esc/motor) are very efficient considering brakes...maybe woth other motor they are not as strong, I don't know.

And the HW V3.1 WP does exist!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Use a plug for the receiver wire.

I'm fine using the box instead of taking a chance frying my phone, the box is tiny and cheap.

I do like the sensor check idea, maybe have the program box show that
Fry your phone? I'd guess there's probably less than 1% chance that would happen. Tekin is already doing this.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Fry your phone? I'd guess there's probably less than 1% chance that would happen. Tekin is already doing this.
Pretty much zero chance that would happen.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello friends

post your ideas here.

The only thing I would like from the new ESC is brakes the same or stronger than that given with the LRP Flow ESC.

Mike
Old 10-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-rem
I run a HW V3.1 esc with a HW V10 5.5t motor and I can tell you brakes are super strong! I don't put BR SW point 1 and 2 to the maximal value (20) because tyres will slip on asphalt if I do...so the HW pair (esc/motor) are very efficient considering brakes...maybe woth other motor they are not as strong, I don't know.

And the HW V3.1 WP does exist!
Which is why I said for spec racing, I wasn't aware of a 5.5t spec class :P. The problem with the current waterproof ESC is that the sensor wire goes inside the ESC itself, so you can't change it, which is not a million pound idea.

+1 Mikkel_R
Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I've seen many phones fry with bent usb or break the charge connector, and who knows what will happen when your esc is fried and you plug it in and this would only work with android unless they use an in between wifi/bluetooth box like speedpassion, in which case the prgram box would be cheaper but whatever, as long as they keep the cheap program box i'm good
Old 10-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hello friends

post your ideas here.

implement full data logging of rpm, volts and temp per run, instead of only a snapshot of max temp, max rpm and min. volts.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikkel_R
The only thing I would like from the new ESC is brakes the same or stronger than that given with the LRP Flow ESC.

Mike
17.5 blinky brakes are strong. You just need to adjust the default to get the "feel" that you like. Reverse force affects how strong the brakes feel. Not just the brake percentage needs to adjusted for maximum force.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
i actually had my last laptop "pop" as soon as i turned on the esc once.. its was a SP reventon pro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.