Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Turbo delay Off means the turbo is not off but Just means the turbo will come on straight away once full throttle is achieved so there will not be any delay before it cuts in .Once the start rpm is met ,turbo slope starts to ramp up the turbo is always on just there is no delay for it to come on especially on long back straights were delay is essential .
Thanks for the info, that helps me understand it a little better, especially as the 21.5 class is new to me and trying to get the best out of the motors without blowing them up
Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Does the xtreme stock controller come with any wires or capacitors?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Does the xtreme stock controller come with any wires or capacitors?
Yup, comes with both
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hectickurt
Hi Chris,
Yes I have both times I flashed it but still no blinky led at neutral
The LED is realy hard to see unless it is quite dark. Also you need tohave the transmitter on so speedo has a neutral signal.

Jason
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jasonb
The LED is realy hard to see unless it is quite dark. Also you need tohave the transmitter on so speedo has a neutral signal.

Jason
spot on jason .

Also the new V3 has the leds fixed in with the new soft switch which will be easier to see .
Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Angelo, will you attend FEMCA next week in Sydney? Will be good to get some set up advice for the massive Whalan track where i expect our HW and 17.5 motors to be pushed to the max. It's interesting to hear you say how delay is essential on big tracks. Do you have settings to suggest? Heres a pic of what awaits us

I ran at Whalan last weekend in the Ray Wallace memorial event. I usually run 21.5 turbo at my local club but ran stock here, 17.5 Hobbywing motor and 120A V2.1 with 2 Caps. Now i am a crap driver but i did win the C final ( ha ha ), however my car was as fast as any down the straight and plenty of poke on the twisty stuff. I ran timing 40, boost 24, acc 300 and it came off at about 60 deg c after 5 minutes ( with fan ). Might give u some place to start

ps: FDR was 5.0

For those that asked ...

1: For/Brake
2: 20%
3: 6.2v
4: 9
5: 100%
6: 25%
7: 0%
8: 6%
9: 40
10: 24
11: Enable
12: 24
13: 2000
14: 0.2
15: 300

Last edited by bigtree; 09-14-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by puiwc
i am using hobbywing motor 10.5t
Try this
FDR 7.30/7.50

DRRS 9
Boost 44
Turbo ramp 12/0.1s
turbo timing 20
start rpm 9000 rpm
turbo delay 0.2s/0.3s
timing acc 400/500rpm

try the lower setup then change one at a time depending on the heat produce by motor, check the temp every 1.5/2mn and stop if the motor is getting too hot in any case but this should be a good start. You could use a fan on motor too (recommended)
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Angelo, will you attend FEMCA next week in Sydney? Will be good to get some set up advice for the massive Whalan track where i expect our HW and 17.5 motors to be pushed to the max. It's interesting to hear you say how delay is essential on big tracks. Do you have settings to suggest? Heres a pic of what awaits us

My god what an amazing looking place. Looks like the Paul Ricard of the RC world!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

if anyone is interested. used following setup for an LRP x11 13.5T last weekend with 211 software. worked like a charm except for the brakes (which are not existend with this lrp motor, hopefully new software or esc will fix this aswell). good rip and top speed.

FDR 6,5
DRRS 9
Boost 50
Turbo ramp fastest
turbo timing 14
start rpm 3000 rpm
turbo delay 0.2s/0.3s
timing acc 150
cooling fan
Old 09-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does there exist some manual for the ESC settings, when to use what and some more detail to learn to understand the settings and effects or is it basically trial and error. I do not have all the time in the world to find all out by myself so some good logic help or a guidance would be greatly appreciated

I run ia 120A speedpassion version modified on a TC
and a 1S speedpassion version mod/stock and blinky 10.5 on a 12th scaler

I guess some basic explanation might do the trick ;-)
Old 09-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nilezb
Does there exist some manual for the ESC settings, when to use what and some more detail to learn to understand the settings and effects or is it basically trial and error. I do not have all the time in the world to find all out by myself so some good logic help or a guidance would be greatly appreciated

I run ia 120A speedpassion version modified on a TC
and a 1S speedpassion version mod/stock and blinky 10.5 on a 12th scaler

I guess some basic explanation might do the trick ;-)
Hi

I have attached the instructions to the thread .

regards Angelo
Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommi
Hmm...I re-flashed my ESC yesterday with the zero_rev with much excitement to test out the FW, but I strongly believe that the "rev" is meant "reversed" in this case? My motor was running backwards, no matter what I do to my throttle setting (NOR/REV) on the Tx..

Thanks Angelo, can't wait for the new FW and new V3 ESC!
The same thing happened to me too! Have you tried to reverse the motor direction in the settings panel?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Hi Angelo can you answer a question please
using 211 stock does setting the turbo delay to off just allow the amount of turbo to come in straight away or does it actually turn the turbo feature off<
If it allows the turbo to come in straight away what is the difference between the "off" and the "fastest" setting?

I have heard it suggested that on 211 the turbo delay should be set to off hence the question.
I am running 21.5T (as per the posts above)
After reading your reply to this angelo i am very confused....
I thought that the turbo on the 211 software only activated after the boost rpm was achieved and all the boost was used up. eg; if you had 30 steps of boost timing and a 3000 rpm start with acc at 500 the turbo wouldn't cut in until the revs hit 18000 rpm????..
With a data logger in my car i discovered that with a delay on the turbo the car would complete its boost then delay before activating the turbo.

Last edited by millbank; 09-13-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
213 is not in the latest v1.63 usb link software package. 211 is the latest in that package.
213 is again, like 101224 only released here on the internet, and then also only by replacing some files in the v1.63 folder on your pc. (Do you remember Angelo? )

I believe the only difference between 211 and 213, is when the turbo is released.
211 releases his turbo after all set boost timing is reached.
213 releases his turbo after the turbo delay, so actually like 119 does it.....

anyone knowing it better, please correct me if I am wrong

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
You got me this time M7H i cant keep a secret from you ,you have a good memory .

yes two files

car_esc_settings.db3
car_esc_version_control.ini
I really need this 213 software. On my local track I find that the turbo isn't coming in quick enough down the straight and the I am being out accelerated at the start of the straight.
The best I can get, after trying various changes is to get the turbo to kick in about halfway down the straight.

Some of the settings I have tried to try and get the turbo to come in earlier...
DDRS maxxed out.
Less boost timing.
No turbo delay.
Lower ACC setting.
Lower rollut.

So... can someone please point me too, where I can get hold of the files Angelo mentioned above, and also a quick "how to guide" to get the 213 software onto my ESC, so my turbo will kick in after the full throttle delay and not wait for all the boost to be used up first.

Thx
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

By rollout I take it you mean gearing? What motor and what gearing are you running. You are going the right way but have you increased the slope as well or are you running 518 stock?
Originally Posted by SeanV

I really need this 213 software. On my local track I find that the turbo isn't coming in quick enough down the straight and the I am being out accelerated at the start of the straight.
The best I can get, after trying various changes is to get the turbo to kick in about halfway down the straight.

Some of the settings I have tried to try and get the turbo to come in earlier...
DDRS maxxed out.
Less boost timing.
No turbo delay.
Lower ACC setting.
Lower rollut.

So... can someone please point me too, where I can get hold of the files Angelo mentioned above, and also a quick "how to guide" to get the 213 software onto my ESC, so my turbo will kick in after the full throttle delay and not wait for all the boost to be used up first.

Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.