Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
ss pro capt... this motor seem 10'c cooler than other motor...
yes, its the reason why I like the ss pro novaks, however there is a downside. Novaks brakes are not that good however.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by flashrevolution

anyone knows, SP or HW Motor, does had any temp sensor ?
and is HW xerun V2.0 Had Motor temp sensor ?

All hobbywing SD motors have the temp.sensor.
The SPEEDO also has the function to protect motor overheat. But I think now this function is disabled. Now only monitor the ESC's own temp.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
yes, its the reason why I like the ss pro novaks, however there is a downside. Novaks brakes are not that good however.

If you not getting good brakes then double check your setup, and dont run FW 119. The brakes using 1224, and 211 have been excellent with the novaks.

Shawn.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

OK, so I decided to run try FW 211 last night in my 1S 1/12 17.5 Ballistic pancar, and I must say I am impressed! Upto this point 1224 was my favorite FW, but I think i have been converted.

I ran:

17.5 Ballistic Pan Car, RO 83mm
DDRS 7
Boost 50
Boost Ramp step/50 rpm (Very aggressive on this track)
RPM Start 1000rpm
Turbo 14
Turbo Ramp 24/.1
Turbo Delay .1
End Bell (15 Deg Static)

Motor Temp after 8 min. 106deg F. ()

The car was impressively fast that I didnt experiment with settings to optimize the performance. I was about the same speed, and acceleration through the infield as the other brands, but I was actually gaining on them down the straight. The car was actually fast enough that the top racer in our club took quite a notice of the car on track, and my HW 1S has real interest in the club.

Unfortunately "my" on track performance wasnt upto the same standard as the ESC, crashing out with lap traffic while I was in the lead put an end to my night early. Oh well, one more week of indoor left.

Cheers,
Shawn.

Last edited by Shawn68z; 03-13-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added Endbell timing
Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Having run Xerun 60A controller and GM 21.5 motor the last two meetings, have ran a new Extreme Stock controller and Hobbywing 21.5 motor for the first time today at club.
Using the 211 software, started out with:-
DDRS - 9
Boost - 60
Turbo - 0
FDR - 4.78
The car was very slow with no acceleration at all, it just crawled around at just one steady speed. So note to self was these settings simply do not work!
By incremental steps I eventually ended up with:-
DDRS - 9
Boost - 36
Turbo - 24
Delay - 0.3
Timing Acc - 350
FDR - 5.1
Car was so much better and with 14.1 sec best lap time managed to shave off nearly a second per lap with this set up. from earlier times
Might need to drop the FDR to around 5.2 and the start RPM down to 300 from 4000, just to get a bit of extra speed down the staight a little earlier, but other than that the settings were not far off spot on.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Ran 211 today and won 17.5 stock with these settings on a smallish track.

FDR 6.5
DDRS 8
BOOST 50 deg
RPM START 5000
TURBO 35
DELAY 0.4
TIMING ACC 350
SLOPE ?

Car was fast and not coming off hot but still feel it could go faster. Any ideas guys?.
What should I change to get faster top speed and a little more acceleration or am I at the max for a 17.5 ?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i experimented a month ago with 1224 software in 17.5......as i didnt know what i was doing....the only way i could achieve speed was to put every setting on max....FDR was 5.5ish.....anyway went back to 518 and was instantly faster as it was what i was used to when running 10.5..

after reading a few of the settings being put up i realised i was bogging the motor down so to speak....only way i could achieve speed was to keep turning the motor timing up.....retarding the motor and missing that sweet spot...

have put the latest software on and did a bench test using benzaah's said settings......all i can say is wow......not only was it smoother, more responsive and it seemed faster from the get go.....and the temps were down....which could only be a good thing...

cant wait till sunday....
Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Request Temp Cut-off for Custom.

Originally Posted by sizheng
All hobbywing SD motors have the temp.sensor.
The SPEEDO also has the function to protect motor overheat. But I think now this function is disabled. Now only monitor the ESC's own temp.
Thank's sizheng.

Angelo i request to split Temp Protection
the one is for esc, and the one for Motor,
Most likely i am requesting Temp Option Cutoff more than one temp,
so custom temps be selected ?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by darrenoakley

FDR 6.5
DDRS 8
BOOST 50 deg
RPM START 5000
TURBO 35
DELAY 0.4
TIMING ACC 350
SLOPE ?

Car was fast and not coming off hot but still feel it could go faster. Any ideas guys?.
What should I change to get faster top speed and a little more acceleration or am I at the max for a 17.5 ?
You could reduce your turbo delay, and I would try bringing your boost in quicker. Try 1 step/per 200 rpm.

I noticed your boost and your turbo add upto more then 64. Not sure how this effects your performance, based on how them come in. You might have some experimentation work to do there. You could also reduce your start RPM.

Shawn.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by darrenoakley

FDR 6.5
DDRS 8
BOOST 50 deg
RPM START 5000
TURBO 35
DELAY 0.4
TIMING ACC 350
SLOPE ?

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
You could reduce your turbo delay, and I would try bringing your boost in quicker. Try 1 step/per 200 rpm.

I noticed your boost and your turbo add upto more then 64. Not sure how this effects your performance, based on how them come in. You might have some experimentation work to do there. You could also reduce your start RPM.

Shawn.
with a total of 64 steps, a boost of 50, the available turbo is 14 even though he has selected turbo 35
Old 03-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
OK, so I decided to run try FW 211 last night in my 1S 1/12 17.5 Ballistic pancar, and I must say I am impressed! Upto this point 1224 was my favorite FW, but I think i have been converted.

I ran:

17.5 Ballistic Pan Car, RO 83mm
DDRS 7
Boost 50
Boost Ramp step/50 rpm (Very aggressive on this track)
RPM Start 1000rpm
Turbo 14
Turbo Ramp 24/.1
Turbo Delay .1
End Bell (15 Deg Static)

Motor Temp after 8 min. 106deg F. ()

The car was impressively fast that I didnt experiment with settings to optimize the performance. I was about the same speed, and acceleration through the infield as the other brands, but I was actually gaining on them down the straight. The car was actually fast enough that the top racer in our club took quite a notice of the car on track, and my HW 1S has real interest in the club.

Unfortunately "my" on track performance wasnt upto the same standard as the ESC, crashing out with lap traffic while I was in the lead put an end to my night early. Oh well, one more week of indoor left.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Amazing the temp is so low-how was the punch out of the turns? I am running 1224 how did the settings 211 compare? Did you just start from scratch and play with the settings?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing Cutoff result Diffrent between Mod and Stock

flash
i found what you need,
if you run low load, the result end lipo voltage would be under the cutoff,
but if you run hi load, the result is about stable voltage, we found,
hi load result 3.3v per cell on 2S lipo.

this is because when you running the hi load, such Mod motor or low FDR
the Hobbywing Firmware cutoff you set on 6.7v will result
cut off when it reach about 3.15v per cell.

and if you run Mod or low FDR, the Draw of your Lipo is Higher, resulting, to Drop below 3.3V ex: 3.1v/cell,

now because you run Stock, and Higher FDR, where result Lower Draw of your Lipo, the Lipo Voltage is about stable, and only cut off if it really reach,
3.15v per cell.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
flash
i found what you need,
if you run high load, the result end lipo voltage would be under the cutoff,
but if you run low load, the result is about stable voltage, we found,
hi load result 3.3v per cell on 2S lipo.

this is because when you running the hi load, such Mod motor or low FDR
the Hobbywing Firmware cutoff you set on 6.7v will result
cut off when it reach about 3.15v per cell.

and if you run Mod or low FDR, the Draw of your Lipo is Higher, resulting, to Drop below 3.3V ex: 3.1v/cell,

now because you run Stock, and Higher FDR, where result Lower Draw of your Lipo, the Lipo Voltage is about stable, and only cut off if it really reach,
3.15v per cell.
There fixed it for you, so you mean if you run mod or high load motors, need to be careful not to dump your lipos as the voltage cut off doesn't work as well for high load situations?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Settings after today as follows

Large track 2 tight technical sections and 2 large straights
Duo 2 17.5, 1 extra mark of timing
FDR 5.9
DRRS 2 <...........is this a misprint? why use 2?
Boost 46
start rpm 4000
Turbo 20
delay 0.1
Turbo slope 24
timing acc 350
Originally Posted by hacker
above in red
Not everyone likes an aggressive throttle profile

Originally Posted by Jay_P
Ive redone the calibrating and is all ok, the problem is if I increase the dynamic timing acceleration to anything above 400rpm/deg the advance and turbo do not work. If set to 400 or less and it works fine
Not till seeing this above post did i think anything odd of what i was experiencing as I found this same bug yesterday when trying to run timing acc over 400. I was running a higher fdr and lengthening the boost range and it felt as though there was a strong delay on the upper range of boost. It was like once full throttle was applied and the turbo came on the boost had to wait till all the turbo was applied till it could activate what boost timing was remaining. If that makes sense as the car would smoothly ramp up till full throttle and then almost feel like it paused to change gears and then take off again as it would not come on hard till very late on the straights. I tried multiple things to the speedy including downgrading to 518 and upgrading to 119 then 211 which wasted a good couple of hours scratching my head. Eventually dialed back to my Starting settings and it went away. Back to back the same settings 119 is no where near the animal that 211 is and I feel if i cannot run timing acc at 450 then i cannot get optimum settings for my track and driving style with 211 and ill have to go back to 119
Old 03-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing Cutoff result Diffrent between Mod and Stock (2)

Originally Posted by defcone
There fixed it for you, so you mean if you run mod or high load motors, need to be careful not to dump your lipos as the voltage cut off doesn't work as well for high load situations?
it seem that the Cutoff (no matter you are using The Stock Firmware)
is Designed for Mod/High Load for safety reason.
but this had negative effect when using Stock/Low Load.

we found setting cutoff custom 6.7v = "lipo end3.3v/cell(Mod)" = "lipo end3.15v/cell(Stock)".

depend on Cutoff performance, this also had bad effect when Lipo already
reach near the Cutoff and Kicked with Turbo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.