Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
What you now did if I understand your story right, is setting all 3 setting while your transmitter was in neutral position!

That is exactly what the description makes it sound like
Old 01-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
There you go.
first put on everything, hold button till red flash.
leave throttle on transmitter at neutral and press button
Then full throttle, and hold full throttle on your transmitter while pressing the button!
Then full brake and hold full brake while pressing the button!

What you now did if I understand your story right, is setting all 3 setting while your transmitter was in neutral position!

yep, your right. just fixed it. also now its no longer running flat out once its switched on.

thanks for your help guys, very much appreciated. I knew it was highly unlikley to be the products fault, and a 99% chance it would be the nut trying to program it haha. this what happens when you dont run EP for a few years, unless there's a carby and some screws to play with I'm stuffed haha
Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack2
thanks for your help guys
Your welcome!

very much appreciated. I knew it was highly unlikley to be the products fault, and a 99% chance it would be the nut trying to program it haha. this what happens when you dont run EP for a few years, unless there's a carby and some screws to play with I'm stuffed haha
Those are your own words!...
Old 01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake95
i need a fdr with software 518 with speedpassion v3 21.5 motor and hobbywing extreme stock
I have run my Hobbywing 120a with a LRPX12 21.5 and my FDR was around 5.2- motor ran hotter than an x11 but nice throughout the whole race. I'd never ran 21.5 before until our last club day. I TQ'd and won all three finals.

Depending on motor of course, i'd say 5.3-5.6. Best way to find your FDR is to run the car for a couple of laps at a time and get a mate to test the temp each time. Heat is the key and adjust accordingly.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks so much Angelo

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a moment to give a big shout out to Angelo Economou of team cobra racing/hobbywing for helping me out with a few situations in an extreamly fast manner. I had purchased a 60a/8.5t combo off ebay from Abeyerr and it turned out to be a counterfeit system. Angelo went way above and beyond with helping me write a report to paypal and did it in 1 day after contacting him. If this is the kinda service I'm going to get using Hobbywing products I will only be using them from now on as this is the kind of customer service I love to see, quick replies and a great personality go such a long way in my book. I also had some questions regarding software updates and programming that he quickly answered in the same day. Lets see some of the other major brands give that level of service!!! Angelo, you have been a saviour with all your help in my matters and I can't thank you enough for being such a great rep of hobbywing and a standup guy helping a brother out when he is down.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Broken Disc

I received my Hobbywing Xerun 120A ver2 esc/motor/programmer combo in the Mail yesterday. The cd rom (software) disc is cracked and un-usable.
I am guessing this is the Software to run the ESC or to innitiate the programmer box?
Can I download replacement software from somewhere or will I need to get a New Disk?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redharris
I received my Hobbywing Xerun 120A ver2 esc/motor/programmer combo in the Mail yesterday. The cd rom (software) disc is cracked and un-usable.
I am guessing this is the Software to run the ESC or to innitiate the programmer box?
Can I download replacement software from somewhere or will I need to get a New Disk?
yes .. here are the latest update software can download

http://www.hobbywing.com/english/downloadsm.asp?id=31
Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazydave
I have run my Hobbywing 120a with a LRPX12 21.5 and my FDR was around 5.2- motor ran hotter than an x11 but nice throughout the whole race. I'd never ran 21.5 before until our last club day. I TQ'd and won all three finals.

Depending on motor of course, i'd say 5.3-5.6. Best way to find your FDR is to run the car for a couple of laps at a time and get a mate to test the temp each time. Heat is the key and adjust accordingly.

Were you running boost with the 21.5? Or is the class a 21.5 Non-Boost class?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Guys,

Any advice about gearing for XTREME STOCK ESC + 8.5 Sensored Motor (both Hobbywing) on stock configuration (no timing, no turbo) for 1/10 Sedan Touring 4wd ? (Hotbodies TCX).

thanks guys !
Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by february
Thanks. So the 518 is "better" than the 528?
528 is for Mod!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Any news on the new software? And was wondering why my breaks are very weak from a out of the box Extreme Stock esc....?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by smilekt
yes .. here are the latest update software can download

The Hobbywing site

Thanks for the Quick Reply. I downloaded the Manual and Firmware program.
I unzipped the software.
I have one question before I get started.
Should I install the latest Firmware program into the Programmer Box seperately, or should I install the Motor and ESC into my car and hook up the programmer box to the ESC and THEN update the software?
The manual is unclear on this .......
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redharris
Thanks for the Quick Reply. I downloaded the Manual and Firmware program.
I unzipped the software.
I have one question before I get started.
Should I install the latest Firmware program into the Programmer Box seperately, or should I install the Motor and ESC into my car and hook up the programmer box to the ESC and THEN update the software?
The manual is unclear on this .......
I would do program box first.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darrin70
Any news on the new software? And was wondering why my breaks are very weak from a out of the box Extreme Stock esc....?
Set the reverse power to 100%
No idea, but even in forward / Brake mode, this setting has a big effect on brakes.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darrin70
I am at our factory as we speak and the new software i will email to you guys on monday .

we also have an annoucement ro make come monday morning .

regards Angelo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.