Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hobbyking shipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My items came from Hong Kong thru Switzerland's Swiss Post. Almost exactly two weeks with standard shipping is great if you ask me. Maybe with the new laws or whatever is going on EMS takes longer, but Ill take that trade off since in most cases EMS is quite a bit more expensive.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Delaware is on the wrong coast from China, it was Seattle that was mentioned. And the Seattle 'warehouse' they were talking about was assumed to be just a garage (aka Maxamps). There might not be anything more in Seattle than lipos which now have to come by something other than air for int'l. What I saw discussed was a shipping container full of lipos coming via container ship every so often to maintain stock. If their lipo business to the US doesn't take a hit cause of the new int'l shipping rules, then its prob not going to happen anyway.

All I wanted to know was if anyone knew anything more or had heard anything more about it.
SEATTLE WAREHOUSE??? thats even better cuzz Im 25 miles away from thier Im thinking what they do is figure out where most orders are from and base a storage holding around that area
Old 07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I ordered from them last night around 11pm.. Today it says shipped..I never had issues with them.. I will be ordering more in the future from them.
Robert
Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone know if there is a way to look up what is in the American warehouse only?
Robert
Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

I ordered from them on 24th June, and they shipped my order on the 26th, which is a good sign. However until now I have yet to receive it. I emailed them yesterday and told me they are using Swiss Post. So I tracked it online, my order was on trasit in Singapore on the 26th. I live in South East Asia just 2hrs flight away from Singapore. But since they are using Swiss Post, everything has to go Switzerland first. Now my order is still somewhere in Europe I mean, if they are using HK post instead, my order would reach me in 4 days as normally the other HK shop do. For me this is just stupid. I hope Hobbyking read this thread.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

I went with UPS instead of the ems since it was only $5 more. I placed my order on the 7th at around 11pm at night and it is currently out for delivery right now..Thats pretty damn fast.. Sorry to hear of the troubles some people are having..
Robert
Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyattroa
Anyone know if there is a way to look up what is in the American warehouse only?
Robert

Maybe try a search on it? Other than that, haven't seen anything. You just 'find' items every once in a while that are shown as USA warehouse. I just tried that and look what you get - it shows what they stock -

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...wer_Search.asp

But its both USA nd Germany (DE) wasrehouses - but at least they're separated.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

i went with ups and got my lipos in 4 days.i will use HK again.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rglamis
i went with ups and got my lipos in 4 days.i will use HK again.

Curious, did your order go thru Hong Kong? That small amount of time sounds like your order was filled from their USA warehouse....
Old 07-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Curious, did your order go thru Hong Kong? That small amount of time sounds like your order was filled from their USA warehouse....
Dear robert clark
Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
4x #T5000.2S.30HC/11613 Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 7.4v 30C hardcase pack variations =

VISA / MASTERCARD (No Paypal) + $1.35
UPS Express 3 Day (USA) 2kg
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------

HobbyKing
[email protected]

You will receive payment confirmation in another e-mail

this is pretty much all i know.i wasent expecting the batts for atleast 3-4 weeks.when i was following the tracking it said shipped from hong kong then it went to canada then into the usa. thats about all i know.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

it wasent much more for me to ship it ups express then it was the other choices.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Lord

Cool, thanks!

Looks like the shipping snafu they've been in is solved using UPS Express like you did. Thats much faster than any of the orders I've placed using EMS.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

thats exactly what I was sayling earlier! "you order from hongkong" they figure out where your at then ship from a near by W.H....makes perfect sense
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Lord

Based on his tracking info, that doesn't appear to be what happened with his order unless HC/HK is faking the tracking info. I wouldn't understand why they'd do that.

There is also a cost differential, items from USA warehouse are more expensive since they have a shipping cost builtin. It still looks like if you want the USA warehouse items, you have to select them (and pay the extra for them). Shipping should be much less, but I doubt it makes it cheaper. When I bought a charger from USA HC/HK warehouse, it wasn't cheaper, just faster than getting it from Hong Kong.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Based on his tracking info, that doesn't appear to be what happened with his order unless HC/HK is faking the tracking info. I wouldn't understand why they'd do that.

There is also a cost differential, items from USA warehouse are more expensive since they have a shipping cost builtin. It still looks like if you want the USA warehouse items, you have to select them (and pay the extra for them). Shipping should be much less, but I doubt it makes it cheaper. When I bought a charger from USA HC/HK warehouse, it wasn't cheaper, just faster than getting it from Hong Kong.
Thats the point, so the shipping would be faster, the product shouldnt be any cheaper, the shipping cost should be cheaper and the shipping time should be shorter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.