hobbyking shipping

Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default hobbyking shipping

i just looked today to see if my battery is ever going to come from hobbyking and it just left hong kong.

Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, April 08, 2010, 11:01 am, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Bullet Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Bullet Foreign Acceptance, April 01, 2010, 8:08 pm, HONG KONG

i sent my order on march 25, 2010 and it took a week for hobbyking to ship it, then a week for it to go through hong kong!!!! this is so stupid, it does not take 2 weeks for something of 550g to just get on the plane. that is very easy to do. is anyone else having these problems. it costs 15$ for me to ship 550g across seas within 30 days? that is what hobbyking says on their website. then it cost 30$ for it to be here in 6 days? that is just crap. now i have to still buy a battery from my hobbyshop because i need it on saturday, this is crap.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman1993
i just looked today to see if my battery is ever going to come from hobbyking and it just left hong kong.

Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, April 08, 2010, 11:01 am, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Bullet Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Bullet Foreign Acceptance, April 01, 2010, 8:08 pm, HONG KONG

i sent my order on march 25, 2010 and it took a week for hobbyking to ship it, then a week for it to go through hong kong!!!! this is so stupid, it does not take 2 weeks for something of 550g to just get on the plane. that is very easy to do. is anyone else having these problems. it costs 15$ for me to ship 550g across seas within 30 days? that is what hobbyking says on their website. then it cost 30$ for it to be here in 6 days? that is just crap. now i have to still buy a battery from my hobbyshop because i need it on saturday, this is crap.
AFAIK, they were moving to a new premise at the end of March and they are still settling down as we speak, give them some time. Have you tried their online support?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've done 5 orders with them, 2 were std shipping and 3 have been EMS. My first order was std shipping and it took 13days. I was impressed enought I selected std shipping again for my 2nd order. That took two weeks before it ever left HK and was 22days to my door.

Been using EMS ever since. Don't use std shipping if you need it in reasonable time frame. Std shipping seems to be too iffy.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

yah but why does it take a week for them to just get it out of the warehouse? i ordered before they sent that notice out anyway. very disapointed that i have to spend $150 for a new battery for this weekend. im not buying from hobbyking again.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hobby king not good
i order more product from hobby king and 11 servo tg9 from hobby king but when deliver only 1 pcs, buy toal hobby king 980grm , when deliver 720 grm
contact hobby king and they let me should send Photograph the parcel and its contents,when i send not see reply, when i contact my bank they have send me email:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your email.
We are sorry to learn that items are missing from your order. Our warehouse utilizes barcode id, product scanning, RFID security, final item counting and parcel weight recording to ensure each order is full and correct. We take our shipping and dispatch accuracy very seriously.If you have received a parcel that is incorrect or incomplete, you must do the following with in 48 hours of receiving the parcel to claim for the missing items:

1) DO NOT throw any of the packaging or product materials away. Keep the entire package 100% as you received it.
2) Weigh you parcel and its content. You can use a kitchen scale for this. It must be accurate to 5g.
3) Photograph the parcel and its contents. The photo must show products, parcel and packing materials clearly with the following information:

Order ID:
Parcel Weight:
Problem with the order:
Attach photos of the parcel and contents, as stipulated above.

* Failure to follow the procedures above will result in a rejection of the claim.

Never accept a parcel that is crushed, damaged or has been left open, possibly allowing the contents to fall out.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

*Due to Easter holiday, we have accumulated large quantity of emails. It may take 3-7 days for us to reply your email. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.*

Best Regards,

Shark Lee
HobbyKing Customer Support Team
www.hobbyking.com

Have you seen our Support & Discussion forum?
Get help &discuss R/C related topics at www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/forum/
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

yep, thats the same crap i read on their website. i cant believe how lazy they are.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

When you ordered the batteries were they on backorder?

I waited a while for the backorder to come in on my order can't remember how long I think 2-3 weeks I was in no hurry though and I will say that I used standard shipping and it came in rather quick I thought.

I guess the thing to remember is do not be in a hurry when ordering from China however the savings are huge I got 5 lipos and a charger for less than what it would cost for a single lipo and half of another here.

While this does not help for this weekend I get your point.

My experience was good keep checking there shipping update
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey im not trying to start any crap, but have you ever done any reading about hobbyking!? if you had you would know for 1. if you want anything with in a decent time frame ems is the only way to go!!! 2 you would have read about the move and just the overall rather slow shipping. i dont really know what you expect? you need to also understand, being the cheapest probably means being the busiest, its not like a local usa shop, this place ships WORLD WIDE and EVERYONE goes there for batteries. if you honestly have that big of a deal with no wanting to pay for ems and not wanting to wait a week or so for your items, be my guest and go spend 3 times the money on 1 us battery...dont think it will hurt anyones feelings around here, less batteries on backorders for us,
Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trickedout
hey im not trying to start any crap, but have you ever done any reading about hobbyking!? if you had you would know for 1. if you want anything with in a decent time frame ems is the only way to go!!! 2 you would have read about the move and just the overall rather slow shipping. i dont really know what you expect? you need to also understand, being the cheapest probably means being the busiest, its not like a local usa shop, this place ships WORLD WIDE and EVERYONE goes there for batteries. if you honestly have that big of a deal with no wanting to pay for ems and not wanting to wait a week or so for your items, be my guest and go spend 3 times the money on 1 us battery...dont think it will hurt anyones feelings around here, less batteries on backorders for us,
yah, but think about it like this, would you rather put americans to work, or chineese to work. the americans dont make the battery but for shipping and the company suppying the product would be put to work instead of the chineese. and i ordered before their moving crap so i would expect 2-3 days for them to ship it out, not a week. im not going to pay extra for them to "move" faster.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default hoby king

i spend $250 worth of hobby king lipos. and all of them have reserved not back order. its been 12 days already and the status is still processing. ive been contacting them thru email askin them what is going on?!. and they always say the have been getting a lot of orders. WOW (so what about my order? ) i cancel the order and got the refund back. i think it would be better to buy from hobby king if its a small order it will get to you fast.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

yah, but think about it like this, would you rather put americans to work, or chineese to work. the americans dont make the battery but for shipping and the company suppying the product would be put to work instead of the chineese. and i ordered before their moving crap so i would expect 2-3 days for them to ship it out, not a week. im not going to pay extra for them to "move" faster.
If Americans made the batteries they would end up costing a lot more...

It works the same everywhere, you pay more if you want your stuff to ship faster, HK is no different. Heck some places even have an extra charge for expidited processing.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have placed three orders from them, each over $100 and paid the EMS. I received each order in a week from initial order. One was sent during their warehouse move.

The shortest duration was 6 days and the longest was 9 days but that was due to the USPS more than HK.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that you don't order from China when you need it in a hurry. Even using the EMS Express, the chances of a problem when a product is shipped that far is just more likely than when they are shipped across the states.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i what does buying from america come into play, your the one who ordered from them, so you werent helping "americans".... and honestly nothing in this hobby is "american"...that whole argument is so played out..and trust me im an american union pipeliner i know about american pride and live american buy american stuff but cmon, all of about 5% of all products in this country are actually american. im just saying everyone knows you can expect and order from hong kong to be here in 3-5 days...just not going to happen. i wish it was faster myself, but if i know i need something i make sure i have a couple weeks safe time to get it... but trust me, when you get your stuff it will have been worth the wait!!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

shipping, transportation of passengers and goods on waterways. From prehistoric times shipping has had a major influence on human social development. Water routes, unlike roads, did not need a building.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.