Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation 新加的空白文章2

这是新加的空白文章2,可以在UBB可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。
Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So, with several threads lately about extended wait times from Hobbyking, I was a bit nervous ordering again. But, I have had many many successful shipments come in very reasonable time, so what the heck. Plus Im not in a hurry, so if it takes 2 months then so be it.

Ordered 2 lipos, and a servo on June 16, then realized I needed a few more things and ordered 2 more lipos, plus a few small accessories on the 18th. I hate separate orders that close together, I could have saved $15 or more in shipping charges, but thats the way it happened so what the hey.

Anyways, both packages arrived today. 15 days for one, and 13 days for the other. Not bad Hobbyking.

Edit: I forgot to note that the 13 and 15 day shipping time was with standard shipping, not EMS.

Last edited by burnineyes; 07-01-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1 rule of thumb everybody should follow when they order from HK. If you need it within a week go to your LHS and buy it. If it is no hurry then order from HK. Just do not complain if it takes 3 weeks or more to get to you. End of story.

I've order 3 times from them. 1st time it took 2.5 weeks. Last 2 times upwards of 4 weeks. No hurry no worry.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Ordered a couple of lipos and some miscellaneous items on June 15th, chose regular shipping. Just got all the items today.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the last order took about 2 weeks to get here, I was surprised! got another one comin so will see, I believe they have ware houses in various US citys
Old 07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I had a couple of shipments go from Hong Kong to Singapore to Zurich and then New York. Took a couple of weeks. They can't ship directly from HK anymore. No more 5 day shipping for me.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Part of all this shipping mess was supposed to result in a USA warehouse somewhere near Seattle. Their USA warehouse was supposed to be heavy on lipo inventory and a little more expensive than direct from HK, but much closer to HK pricing that anything local.

Has anyone heard or seen anything about status on that?
Old 07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Part of all this shipping mess was supposed to result in a USA warehouse somewhere near Seattle. Their USA warehouse was supposed to be heavy on lipo inventory and a little more expensive than direct from HK, but much closer to HK pricing that anything local.

Has anyone heard or seen anything about status on that?
They already have a Delaware warehouse, so I don't see why they would make another one unless they plan to stock more items there. I wouldn't mind paying more to get something from a USA warehouse - less ship time and cheaper shipping - but most of the stuff I want to get isn't available in the USA warehouse.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G33Kster
They already have a Delaware warehouse, so I don't see why they would make another one unless they plan to stock more items there. I wouldn't mind paying more to get something from a USA warehouse - less ship time and cheaper shipping - but most of the stuff I want to get isn't available in the USA warehouse.
delaware is a hellovalot closer than HK, meaning itll take alot less time to get to US homes "I think
Old 07-03-2010, 09:38 AM
vaa
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I placed an order about 1.5 weeks ago and it came today. Not bad in my opinion but not as fast as other orders I've placed that shipped via the same method.

I do have a question about the invoice I got. It showed my order to be about $75 including shipping. I payed the website prices and I really paid them about $250. What am I missing here? Is the included invoice their prices? Are other people getting the same?
Old 07-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vaa
I placed an order about 1.5 weeks ago and it came today. Not bad in my opinion but not as fast as other orders I've placed that shipped via the same method.

I do have a question about the invoice I got. It showed my order to be about $75 including shipping. I payed the website prices and I really paid them about $250. What am I missing here? Is the included invoice their prices? Are other people getting the same?
by default, HK declare only 30% of your purchase price to save you from paying too much custom duties... so 30% of $250 is exactly $75...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:33 AM
vaa
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sweet! I was thinking it was something like that. I got screwed that way by another company when buying a few motorcycle parts. Thanks HK for thinking about us.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by G33Kster
Originally Posted by drive2survive
delaware is a hellovalot closer than HK, meaning itll take alot less time to get to US homes "I think

Delaware is on the wrong coast from China, it was Seattle that was mentioned. And the Seattle 'warehouse' they were talking about was assumed to be just a garage (aka Maxamps). There might not be anything more in Seattle than lipos which now have to come by something other than air for int'l. What I saw discussed was a shipping container full of lipos coming via container ship every so often to maintain stock. If their lipo business to the US doesn't take a hit cause of the new int'l shipping rules, then its prob not going to happen anyway.

All I wanted to know was if anyone knew anything more or had heard anything more about it.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

I just placed another order with HC/HK and was wondering how do you know the HC/HK warehouse in the US is in Delaware? I bought my Accucel-6 from the "USA warehouse", but never paid attention to the package to see where it came from.

If you're reaching that conclusion because of their site where it says "DE Warehouse" - that's the HC/HK warehouse in Germany.....
Old 07-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
I just placed another order with HC/HK and was wondering how do you know the HC/HK warehouse in the US is in Delaware? I bought my Accucel-6 from the "USA warehouse", but never paid attention to the package to see where it came from.

If you're reaching that conclusion because of their site where it says "DE Warehouse" - that's the HC/HK warehouse in Germany.....
Ok I guess I got confused. Maybe I read it somewhere but it was probably just me putting 2 and 2 together... and getting 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.