Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Binding a DX2 to SR3000 >

Binding a DX2 to SR3000

Binding a DX2 to SR3000

Old 08-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Binding a DX2 to SR3000

I have a new DX2 I got for my daughter and a used SR3000. The radio seems to bind fine but the rx just has a quick flash of green and nothing else. I've tried it with a bind plug and without. If it make a difference it's in a stock slash.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

A quick flash of green when powering up the receiver, then nothing? That’s what I have seen when the esc is plugged into the receiver backwards. Is the black wire towards the outside of the receiver case?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fvrr
I have a new DX2 I got for my daughter and a used SR3000. The radio seems to bind fine but the rx just has a quick flash of green and nothing else. I've tried it with a bind plug and without. If it make a difference it's in a stock slash.
SR3000 doesn't use a bind plug it has a bind button.

Make sure you have your polarity correct too with the plugs. I know on the SR3500 if you have the ESC or receiver pack plugged in backwards it will flash twice, pause, flash twice, pause. Haven't run into that issue with the SR3000 but then again it's been 3 years since I've run one.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Oops, I was mistaken. I just tried a SR3000 backwards. Got a repeating double flash just like Gary.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No double flash just 1 quick flash. Looking at the rec the ground (black) wire on the right. So I'm guessing hold the blue button down before powering up the truck. Then hold the button on the back of the radio while turning on the radio with you toe I'll try to reverse the wires to see if I get the double blinking.

SWEET, just tried what I just said above. I never tried to hold the button down before powering up. DONE! Thanks for the tips.