Hobbywing ESC's

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:55 AM
  #61  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
SuperEk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10,333
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tkhoo View Post
Hi bro SuperEK4, you also here .

Ok guys, i have measure my crt.5 and feel the 80A is too big if I put on top of center differential( if my car bad landing and turn turtle it will hit the esc). I have try to measure few area and found this method (pls refer to the pic). Can the esc place side way? If yes, then I might consider 80A, if no, then look like 60A esc only for the crt.5.

i think stick to 60amps better unless u can find a way to mount the esc
SuperEk4 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
  #62  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 303
Default

Im really interested on 1/8 buggies . . . im currently running 1/10 with ezrun 60A + 6000KV for my buggy . . . so after reading around, i still need to ask since im getting really confused . . . is my ezrun 60A esc sufficient to run an 1/8 buggy??? My guess is i cant run 6000KV with 3s lipo cuz itll be over its rated rpm . . . and 6000Kv with 2s would be too much for the weight of a 1/8 . . . so heat would be an issue, true? So a motor change would be done.
dahermit23 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 04:36 PM
  #63  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
tkhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere in Penang Island, Malaysia
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SuperEk4 View Post
i think stick to 60amps better unless u can find a way to mount the esc
Thanks bro...

Originally Posted by dahermit23 View Post
Im really interested on 1/8 buggies . . . im currently running 1/10 with ezrun 60A + 6000KV for my buggy . . . so after reading around, i still need to ask since im getting really confused . . . is my ezrun 60A esc sufficient to run an 1/8 buggy??? My guess is i cant run 6000KV with 3s lipo cuz itll be over its rated rpm . . . and 6000Kv with 2s would be too much for the weight of a 1/8 . . . so heat would be an issue, true? So a motor change would be done.
Hi, may I know how you feel on the 60A combo? You run it with 2S or 3S? Do you facing any over heat issue? For 1/8 buggy, you need atleast 80A above esc, best is 150A with low kv motor something like 2300kv with 4S above Lipo.
tkhoo is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 PM
  #64  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 303
Default

hi . . . well not bad actually considering the esc is so small, heat is slighlty on the warm side with the setting of my gearing n timing . . . have yet to tune it cuz just got my temp reader. Btw its running on 2s only.
dahermit23 is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 AM
  #65  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
tkhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere in Penang Island, Malaysia
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dahermit23 View Post
hi . . . well not bad actually considering the esc is so small, heat is slighlty on the warm side with the setting of my gearing n timing . . . have yet to tune it cuz just got my temp reader. Btw its running on 2s only.
Hi, may I know what your buggy weight which using Hobbywing 60A 6000kv motor combo? I am worry it over heat on my crt.5 with 60A 4000kv combo.
tkhoo is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 AM
  #66  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 303
Default

erm . . . i dont really know the weight . . . but im running a durga DB01 . . . so its a bout <2 kilos estimated.
dahermit23 is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 AM
  #67  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
tkhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere in Penang Island, Malaysia
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default

Anyone here can help. What is the max T motor i can use on 60A 3S Lipo. Thanks.
tkhoo is offline  
Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 AM
  #68  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
SuperEk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10,333
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tkhoo View Post
Anyone here can help. What is the max T motor i can use on 60A 3S Lipo. Thanks.

bro, find the infor on hobbywing website.
SuperEk4 is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 06:59 AM
  #69  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (81)
 
Blacktiger355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 2,197
Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)
Default

Ok guys, got a question for you. I picked up the ez-run 60amp with the 5.5t motor and currently have it in a Kyosho lazer zx-5. I have run a total of 4 packs through it. First pack it ran great. Second pack was good as well untill about 5 minutes into the run and it started stuttering BAD. I thought maybe the lipo cut-off was maybe coming on. So I hooked up the programer and made sure it was off. So to be safe I reset everything and re-did the radio setup. Ran another pack and it ran fine for the 5 minutes or so again. Dropped in another fresh pack to test and it started stuttering right away. Motor and esc has never gotten hot. Both have been only a tad warm to the touch. My setup is below. Am I missing something or what?

Car: Kyosho zx-5
Radio: Futaba 3pk with spektrum
Batts: 3700 GP, and IB 4200
Deans on the battery connection.
Motor hard wired with no bullets.
Blacktiger355 is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 AM
  #70  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (81)
 
Blacktiger355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 2,197
Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)
Default

Anyone have any ideas?
Blacktiger355 is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 03:10 PM
  #71  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355 View Post
Anyone have any ideas?
What voltage are you running your setup at?

What is the gearing on the buggy?

A 6000KV motor might be a bit much depending on those factors.
Aceldama is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
  #72  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
tkhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere in Penang Island, Malaysia
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355 View Post
Ok guys, got a question for you. I picked up the ez-run 60amp with the 5.5t motor and currently have it in a Kyosho lazer zx-5. I have run a total of 4 packs through it. First pack it ran great. Second pack was good as well untill about 5 minutes into the run and it started stuttering BAD. I thought maybe the lipo cut-off was maybe coming on. So I hooked up the programer and made sure it was off. So to be safe I reset everything and re-did the radio setup. Ran another pack and it ran fine for the 5 minutes or so again. Dropped in another fresh pack to test and it started stuttering right away. Motor and esc has never gotten hot. Both have been only a tad warm to the touch. My setup is below. Am I missing something or what?

Car: Kyosho zx-5
Radio: Futaba 3pk with spektrum
Batts: 3700 GP, and IB 4200
Deans on the battery connection.
Motor hard wired with no bullets.
I think 6000kv motor with 2S Lipo is for onroad and not offroad. I do have Hobbywing manual. Email me if you need the manual. It about 1M+ size and I cant attach it here. My email: [email protected]
tkhoo is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM
  #73  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,581
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

My 1/8th 80 amp esc took some modding to fit into my e-firestorm.

It is way smoother then my mamba max was & it has tons of power w/ the novak 4.5 I am using it with. I believe that the sensor kept the motor from topping out, but the truck still easily hit 40 mph.
party_wagon is online now  
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
  #74  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 233
Default

Current I have the hobbywing 120A ESC as well as the hobbywing ezrun 35A ESC. I also have a CRT.5 and a 1/8 Matrix.

Here is my thoughts:
1) 120A ESC is too big for CRT.5. this esc is designed for 1/8 scale. also, the motor (2350kv) is designed to use 4S-6S. thus this combo will be overkilled for the CRT.5, but perfect for any 1/8 scale. The speed is very fast with a lot of low-end torque. even if you were able to fit the combo in a crt.5, it will flip everytime you trigger the throttle, since its so powerful.

2) 35A ESC is too weak for the CRT.5... you can try to match it with a 13T motor + 3S lipo. However, I wouldnt try 9T + 3S on CRT.5 since the CRT.5 is much heavier than a regular 4WD buggy/truggy. (its about 2kg compared to 1.5kg). even with this setup, the 35A + 13T may overheat. This 35A ESC is really designed to be used in 1/10 or 1/12 onroad, and 1/10 2WD offroad. (currently i have installed this in my RC10B4 and is a perfect fit in that buggy... the weight is only 1.2kg)

3) so... for the CRT.5 ... it is best to use a 60A or higher ESC with 2S/3S support. For 2S, run it with a 5500kv'ish motor and for 3S, run it with 3700kv'ish. If you can used an external BEC, its even better for the ESC. So for my current setup, I have a [email protected] in my CRT.5. I can also try [email protected] if my 7.5T gets too hot.

Hope all this helps.
hardmankam is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
  #75  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 233
Default

Originally Posted by tkhoo View Post
Anyone here can help. What is the max T motor i can use on 60A 3S Lipo. Thanks.
not 100% sure, but my advise is:

For onroad: 60A+3S ... 8.5T to 9.5T (or ~4500kv)
For offroad: 60A+3S ... 10.5T to 11.5T (or ~3500kv)
hardmankam is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service