Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree23Likes

ICharger Duo 458

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 01:08 AM
Tech Lord

Also keep in mind these "cheap" PSU's are so called refurbished ones.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Also keep in mind these "cheap" PSU's are so called refurbished ones.
It fulfills everything asked. So what other reasoning states it cant be used?
Old 02-23-2024, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Im guessing that logo is just for looks?
Modifying the unit to have it automatically turn on and add bullet connectors invalidates the certification and it needs to be recertified where I live.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:37 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
Unless you plan on racing in a series like the ETS (they are not legal there).
When I was there back in June I saw several people using the Muchmore one. Which just has a fancy decal, extra bullets and on off switch on it. Under that makeup its still the same server power supply.

EA
Old 02-23-2024, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
When I was there back in June I saw several people using the Muchmore one. Which just has a fancy decal, extra bullets and on off switch on it. Under that makeup its still the same server power supply.

EA
If the finished product has the (genuine) CE logo (which AFAIK is a requirement for distribution in the EU, but I may be wrong), it's legal. People should just be wary of cheap no-name Chinese clones without certification. However, I'm not involved in the ETS and I neither created that rule nor is it my job to enforce it.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quick question on my older duo the 410, I was able to create different profiles or models for my different packs. By just highlighting the battery in the main screen, then hitting the sys button and it would allow me to create a new profile for a battery or bring me into an edit mode.

So how in the world do I create different profiles for my lipos?

Thx guys.

Old 02-23-2024, 08:11 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by DirkW
If the finished product has the (genuine) CE logo (which AFAIK is a requirement for distribution in the EU, but I may be wrong), it's legal. People should just be wary of cheap no-name Chinese clones without certification. However, I'm not involved in the ETS and I neither created that rule nor is it my job to enforce it.
The Much more doesnt have the CE logo on the power supply anymore but it could be on the box. Id have to look at one at home to see. I get why the rule is there just a little silly is all if its certified by the manufacture to begin with.

EA
Old 02-23-2024, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
They didn't say ETS. They said series like the ETS. Check where you race if it's legal before purchasing. In some countries it's flat out illegal to plug in a mains device that's not certified.
I never heard of any where that does not allow computer server power supplies. It I guess different places have different rules. I live in California and her pretty much everyone at all racetracks run ichargers with server power supplies.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by riceball777
I never heard of any where that does not allow computer server power supplies. It I guess different places have different rules. I live in California and her pretty much everyone at all racetracks run ichargers with server power supplies.
When I say illegal, I don't mean racing rules. I mean actual law. Plenty of countries that don't allow uncertified modifications to mains powered equipment.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:21 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by gigaplex
When I say illegal, I don't mean racing rules. I mean actual law. Plenty of countries that don't allow uncertified modifications to mains powered equipment.
A lot of people in the US dont know this as CE is a useless mark here. The US uses another form of certification for electronic items. Just another money grab by our government instead of using what a large percentage of the rest of the world uses.

EA
Old 02-26-2024, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
A lot of people in the US dont know this as CE is a useless mark here. The US uses another form of certification for electronic items. Just another money grab by our government instead of using what a large percentage of the rest of the world uses.

EA
CE is pretty much useless anywhere outside Europe (with minor exceptions like Turkey). CE stands for Conformité Européenne, which is French for European Conformity
Old 02-28-2024, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

Dumb question, but I was under the impression that "Regenerative discharge" feature was only for redirecting charge into another battery.
If this is the case, what is the difference between "Regenerative" and "Extra" discharge features?

Sorry, I'm new to the Ichargers platform. Picked up the 4512 Duo this week.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2024, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mudman
Dumb question, but I was under the impression that "Regenerative discharge" feature was only for redirecting charge into another battery.
If this is the case, what is the difference between "Regenerative" and "Extra" discharge features?

Thanks!
iCharger supports 2 types of regenerative discharge. One is to another pack in the other channel, and the other is to the power source, assumed to be a battery. Extra discharge is to a resistor bank on the other channel instead.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mudman

Thanks!
Regenerative discharge uses the other channel and is used for discharging to a resistor bank, bulbs (some load) or another battery. Extra discharge is used on the same channel that your battery is on. You put a resistor bank in series with the battery. With extra discharge you need to determine the correct resistive load for the discharge rate you want.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trilerian
Regenerative discharge uses the other channel and is used for discharging to a resistor bank, bulbs (some load) or another battery. Extra discharge is used on the same channel that your battery is on. You put a resistor bank in series with the battery. With extra discharge you need to determine the correct resistive load for the discharge rate you want.
Ah okay thank you!

My plan was to rig up eight to twelve 8ohm-100W resisters in parallel with some hefty heat sinks and fans. It's not going to be a travel kit by any means.
12pc. 8ohm-100W in parallel .7ohm resistance showing 1200 watts capable roughly.
8pc. 8ohm-100W in parallel 1ohm 800 watts capable roughly.

Is it bad to have too low of a combined ohm resistance for this scenario?

My goal was to have the ability to discharge a 6S 8000Mah Lipo at 30-40 amps if I wanted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.