Search
Like Tree31Likes

Flysky NOBLE PRO

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Does anyone know if the Pro can be flashed backwards to the NB4 firmware which uses percentages?
The regular NB4 uses 0.1 second increments for channel speed adjustments, not percentages. Were you referring to EPA, rate or D/R?
Old 02-15-2022, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Cromulent
The regular NB4 uses 0.1 second increments for channel speed adjustments, not percentages. Were you referring to EPA, rate or D/R?
Thanks for the clarification, I don't have any experience with the NB4 either, the beginner driver mentioned that he thought the NB4 used percentages which sent me down the path of investigating how to use this feature with percentages as my preference.

So would you say that the 0.1 sec adjustment is acceptable and is the precision adjustable so that it can jump more than 0.1 sec per click if desired?

Old 02-15-2022, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the clarification, I don't have any experience with the NB4 either, the beginner driver mentioned that he thought the NB4 used percentages which sent me down the path of investigating how to use this feature with percentages as my preference.

So would you say that the 0.1 sec adjustment is acceptable and is the precision adjustable so that it can jump more than 0.1 sec per click if desired?
bill, I tried an nb4 and used it for a few days before returning it as the .1 was extremely noticeable. More than one jump is insane. For example, if you run a .08 steering servo and do 1 click you now have a .18 servo. The pro does utilize .01 resolution so you can go .08 to .081,.082, etc. older firmware did indeed use percentages but that was phased out a few firmware iterations ago. You could potentially downgrade the firmware but again, you have to do receivers as well and I’m unsure if the new receivers would work correctly with the old firmware. The pro I think would definitely be more on par with percentage adjustments you are used to, but you’d need to establish a new norm for what does 5% mean in terms of ms adjustments. I’m sure it can be done but as for regular noble, it was just too drastic for me.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ryandurepo
bill, I tried an nb4 and used it for a few days before returning it as the .1 was extremely noticeable. More than one jump is insane. For example, if you run a .08 steering servo and do 1 click you now have a .18 servo. The pro does utilize .01 resolution so you can go .08 to .081,.082, etc. older firmware did indeed use percentages but that was phased out a few firmware iterations ago. You could potentially downgrade the firmware but again, you have to do receivers as well and I’m unsure if the new receivers would work correctly with the old firmware. The pro I think would definitely be more on par with percentage adjustments you are used to, but you’d need to establish a new norm for what does 5% mean in terms of ms adjustments. I’m sure it can be done but as for regular noble, it was just too drastic for me.
perfect, thanks for all the details, that makes sense and much appreciated!
Old 02-17-2022, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The 0.1s increments are way too coarse, and my main gripe about the NB4.

Originally Posted by ryandurepo
In your example, adding 0.01s to a 0.08s servo would go 0.09, 0.10, 0.11….
Old 02-20-2022, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I caved. After spending time reading the Pro manual, I realized there are actually more changes to the radio than I realized. Enough to make me want to upgrade. Still think it's more expensive than necessary but I addicted to radios so I had to pick it up while I could save 50 bux on it. I was looking into giving the 10PX a try but the lack of small (and cheap) 8 channel receivers is a no go for me.

HobbyKing is having a Presidents day sale, 20% off $200 or more so I caved. Unfortunately, the radio is only available in the overseas warehouse so I did have to pay shipping. All in, it was $352 which is the cheapest you can get it right now from any retailer.
billdelong likes this.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werty Yui
Well, I caved. After spending time reading the Pro manual, I realized there are actually more changes to the radio than I realized. Enough to make me want to upgrade. Still think it's more expensive than necessary but I addicted to radios so I had to pick it up while I could save 50 bux on it. I was looking into giving the 10PX a try but the lack of small (and cheap) 8 channel receivers is a no go for me.

HobbyKing is having a Presidents day sale, 20% off $200 or more so I caved. Unfortunately, the radio is only available in the overseas warehouse so I did have to pay shipping. All in, it was $352 which is the cheapest you can get it right now from any retailer.
Any way to know for sure if the ones stocked in the overseas warehouse are English versions? They have some versions of the PRO that do not have English language support in the firmware and you can't change to the English version.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MX304
Any way to know for sure if the ones stocked in the overseas warehouse are English versions? They have some versions of the PRO that do not have English language support in the firmware and you can't change to the English version.
Well, it's coming from the HobbyKing Hong Kong warehouse so I assume it's the English version as the Hong Kong warehouse is essentially a 'world wide' warehouse. I'm looking forward to getting it as my NB4 is a fantastic radio.

Anyway, I really doubt one cannot flash the available English FW found on Flyskys webpage. I see no reason why they would lock a particular version to non English variant only. There is even specific versions (FCC vs Non FCC) so It makes no sense to me. If you have a link that explains this, I'd love to read it, maybe I'm misinformed.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Werty Yui
Well, it's coming from the HobbyKing Hong Kong warehouse so I assume it's the English version as the Hong Kong warehouse is essentially a 'world wide' warehouse. I'm looking forward to getting it as my NB4 is a fantastic radio.

Anyway, I really doubt one cannot flash the available English FW found on Flyskys webpage. I see no reason why they would lock a particular version to non English variant only. There is even specific versions (FCC vs Non FCC) so It makes no sense to me. If you have a link that explains this, I'd love to read it, maybe I'm misinformed.
About 1/3 of the way down. https://www.flysky-cn.com/noble-pro-description-2
Old 02-21-2022, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

​​​​​​Took me awhile to find it but you're correct, Flysky does claim the firmware between 3 different verisons is not compatible and I suspect, without ever contacting Flysky, that it has to do with the range requirements within specific regions. The other region specific radios may not have the hardware to handle other firmwares. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. I'm sure the one I ordered is an English version and I'll update to the current FCC FW as soon as I have it in hand to confirm one way or the other.

This is something to definitely be aware of when ordering from overseas vendors. Good post!
Old 02-21-2022, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Okay, I left my other reply up as I don't think I'm entirely correct above. I am pretty sure that ordered the "EU" version off the HK page. It's a non issue if I'm correct because Flysky offers an EU based FCC firmware which means I'll get full range. They also have an EU FW that I assume has the lower range requirements for overseas. The only difference I see is that the EU version offers different languages while the "EN" version only has 'English' language output. Don't really understand why this is.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

It will be interesting to see what you find when you get it. I just wasn't quite brave enough to pull the trigger on one.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default It's here!

Okay, so my noble arrived from Hobbyking, it was shipped fast and packaged better than I expected. I can confirm, as seen in the pic, that I received a US version radio, this is great news. I was under the impression I was getting a UK version because the listing on HK webpage mentions something about EU.

Anyway, first impressions are that... I'm impressed! Radio has some weight to it, some may like that some may not; I do. Everything feels like quality, even the phone holder. I haven't updated the firmware yet but I plan on that tonight and hopefully I can transfer my data from my current NB4. I don't regret my purchase at all but I still think the NB4 non Pro is an incredible value and still highly recommend that version.

Issues/problems: The stuff reviewers won't talk about.

--The larger, and MUCH more comfortable for me, hand guard doesn't fit well. If you notice in the picture, the tabs on the larger hand grip (left side of picture) are smaller by comparison to the "small" hand grip. Worse case, I can dremel off some material to make a more prominent tab.

--The phone holder, one thing I actually want to use, is poorly implemented. My Note 10Plus and Iphone Pro Max barely fit because the areas that actually hold the devices down are too narrow. The phones feel like they will fall off so for now I'll have to secure them with rubber bands as a precaution. In the picture, you'll notice what I mean. That's the thin case from my Note 10. The fix here may be a 3d printed replacement.

I've emailed Flysky and report back with what they say. These are small issues that definitely have solutions, some might even say it's nitpicking.......but it's a 400 hunid dolla radio bro.

Old 03-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. Now that I know they are in fact the US version, I'll be putting an order in tonight.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. Now that I know they are in fact the US version, I'll be putting an order in tonight.

Not sure if you already put in your order or from who but if from HK, just know that originally my shipping cost was about $41 for the cheapest option which was DHL Express. HK contacted me and informed me that the shipping cost was infact going to be higher ($60 due to batteries) but they covered the extra cost for the website mistake. Instead, the radio was shipped via Fedex and arrived 5 days later. The emails did cause a processing delay due to back and forth. If they fixed that shipping configuration, your cost may be higher and it might make sense to buy from a US dealer instead, your call. That 20% sale definitely came in handy for me Still got my radio cheaper than anywhere else right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.