Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Sanwa MX6 / Rx-391w Problem Please Help!!!! >

Sanwa MX6 / Rx-391w Problem Please Help!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sanwa MX6 / Rx-391w Problem Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sanwa MX6 / Rx-391w Problem Please Help!!!!

I just recently replaced the radio on my Axial Capra with a Sanwa Mx6/ Rx 391w combo. It has an Axial ae5 esc and savox servo . As soon as I plug the battery in and turn it on everything on the rig starts glitching. Randomly lurching forward and reverse , both the steering and dig servos start jumping around. The whole thing acts as if it has a mind of its own . The radio worked absolutely fine in my other rig that has a castle creations sidewinder 4 . Is this radio not compatible with the ae5 or am I doing something wrong ? Please help I also hooked up a Traxxas tq controller and reciever up to the ae5 and it functions perfectly. Does anyone out there know what could be causing this problem????? Thanks in advance. First post here.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

You have to reset / adjust everything for the new radio, i.e. the ESC, end points and such. Have you done that? Its a great radio.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
You have to reset / adjust everything for the new radio, i.e. the ESC, end points and such. Have you done that? Its a great radio.
thanks for the reply . I have no way of resetting anything or adjusting endpoints because when I power up the esc everything instantly starts glitching. I have no control of the rig. When I hook up the receiver to my sidewinder 4 everything acts normal . When I hook it up to the Axial ae5 esc everything goes crazy .
Old 03-03-2021, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Can you disconnect the motor. Also make sure the model selected is a new one in the menu. From there you can setup the radio and esc per each manuals.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Build a new profile with all settings stock on your TX before turning the car on and then bind to that one. Have the car on a stand when binding it if you're unsure about how it may react.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Can you disconnect the motor. Also make sure the model selected is a new one in the menu. From there you can setup the radio and esc per each manuals.
I disconnected the motor and selected a new model in the menu on the radio which is something I hadn’t even thought of trying yet . And I got the same result as before . I’m not sure why but it is not allowing me to bind the radio when hooked up to this Axial ae5 esc . The radio works just fine hooked up to any other esc . I just can’t make any sense of it . I took the Traxxas tqi radio out of my Rustler just to test that with the Axial ae5 just to make sure it wasn’t a defective esc and everything worked just fine. I ordered a new Spektrum Dx5c hoping that this will fix the problem . I will report back when the dx5 arrives and let you know if it fixes the problem. Is there anyway possible that the Sanwa mx6/ rx391w just is not compatible with the Axial Ae5? I have never run into this problem and I am fairly familiar with the hobby .
Old 03-04-2021, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Family_Racing
Build a new profile with all settings stock on your TX before turning the car on and then bind to that one. Have the car on a stand when binding it if you're unsure about how it may react.
thanks for the reply . I tried that with no success. I have ordered a dx5c hoping this will fix the problem.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:30 AM
Tech Lord

The radio is in a high speed mode?
Do you have a digital servo or an analog one

But this is an electronics question, no specific electric offroad, maybe a mod can move this?
Old 03-04-2021, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Roelof
The radio is in a high speed mode?
Do you have a digital servo or an analog one

But this is an electronics question, no specific electric offroad, maybe a mod can move this?
I’m not sure what high speed mode is ? I have everything set to normal factory settings on the remote . My steering servo is digital and my dig servo is analog. Also thank you for having my thread moved to the correct location .
Old 03-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Rebind TX & RX by removing ST servo & ESC. Use a 4 cell AA Battery holder (shown as illustrated). When its binded. Turn off, install Servo and ESC. Servo will initialize. Then recalibrate the ESC, Neutral. Full Throttle and braking.

4 cell AA battery hoder
Old 03-04-2021, 09:20 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Geezatec;15760605]Rebind TX & RX by removing ST servo & ESC. Use a 4 cell AA Battery holder (shown as illustrated). When its binded. Turn off, install Servo and ESC. Servo will initialize. Then recalibrate the ESC, Neutral. Full Throttle and braking.

Honestly I have already spent so much time trying to get this combination to work that I went ahead and purchased a Spektrum Dx5c. I’m hoping that it will fix the problem because Axial uses spektrum products in their rigs so they should pair up without a problem . There is nothing wrong with this radio as it is brand new and works on my other vehicles. I am just done messing with trying to get it to work on my Capra and have decided to go a different direction. If anyone is interested in the Sanwa Mx-6 / Rx391-w I have them listed on eBay .
Old 06-17-2021, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have similar problem.. at times i lose signal at the same spot.. is there a way to test please.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've had the binding issues with the mx-6 with rx-391w. The receiver acts like it binds but light never goes blue. I tried different channels and even just using a receiver battery with nothing else connected. Still same issue. The one receiver will stop working if the transmitter gets to close.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

How many Model do you have on the TX & RX? You 10 spots for Model Memory. Try a different Memory Location. May have corrupted the location.