Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree651Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy101
Thanks for the info! I was hoping it would be bright enough to see outdoors. My NB4 is hopeless outside unless it is very cloudy.
It's much brighter than the original NB4. There is no issue to see the screen under the sun.

https://skyvault.shop/products/flysk...2a6200e0&_ss=r
Old 04-11-2024, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by adrictan
Is the Pro faster than the NB4+? I can't find anyone with an answer.
Actually they are both AFHDS3 protocol and support 2ch fast mode. So the latency would be smiliar. But the Pro supports up to 18 channels while NB4+ is supporting 8 channels. And Pro supports ARC curve and fuel consumption display. In addition, Pro comes with a lot accessories and a nice carbon fiber carrying case.

Last edited by Calvin Kong; 04-12-2024 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fastfred1952
Does anyone have a part number for a smaller receiver ??? How about the FGR8B ??
Which model u used? If u wanted a smaller receiver, the FGr4B would be great. If u wanted 8 channel smaller receiver, the Tr8B would be a good option.
FGr4B receiver:
https://skyvault.shop/products/flysk...453330de&_ss=r
Tr8B receiver:
https://skyvault.shop/products/flysk...453330de&_ss=r
Old 04-11-2024, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy101
Thanks for the info! How is the brightness as compared to the NB4?
As I am currently off a 5-day job almost 600 miles from home, can't answer that question yet. But, as others have mentioned, it's definitely brighter. Whereas the original NB4 can be difficult (extremely difficult...lol) to see outdoors in daylight, the NB4+ is, according to others, very easily seen. This is probably related to why a higher capacity Li-Ion cell is used (read on for my thoughts on this)
Originally Posted by Roelof
But for a race weekend, do you really need such high capacity? I draw about 800mAh with my Futaba on one race weekend, saturday some practise and sunday 3 qualify rounds and 1 or 2 finals.
I'm guessing, the real reason for having installed a higher capacity battery has to do with the brighter display...so, in all probability, yes, the higher capacity cell IS needed. Most radios have monochrome displays, and the display is the biggest power draw in the radio (not counting high-power radios that are sometimes used for speedrunning, for which I'd recommend using a separate battery for powering the actual transmitter). My Futaba 7PX uses a smaller capacity Lipo, as does my RadioLink RC8X, FlySky GT3C, and all my other radios...but, one has to understand that the characteristics between Lipo & Li-Ion are different. That is why something like a radio using an 800-1200mAh 2S lipo might last longer than a radio using a 2600mAh 18650 Li-Ion.

You might find this interesting reading, as it explains things much better than I can do:
LiPo vs Lithium Ion Batteries for Unmanned & Robotics Applications
Old 04-11-2024, 11:29 PM
Tech Lord

I assume the display can automatically dim when not needed. That is a huge time saver compared when you leave it continuous on.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

For those looking to put a metal cage/frame around the display of their Noble NB4 & NB4+, similar to the one FlySky includes with the Noble Pro, you are probably aware that there are quite a few available. However, what many might not be aware of is that they are almost all produced by two OEMs, which sell them to other businesses to sell under their own "brand". Search high & low, and you discover that they are typically only available in four colors - black, red, purple, and gold, depending on which OEM they purchased them from (one does purple, the other does gold, and both do black & red). Problem is, I wanted blue. Thankfully, in my "don't give up" philosophy, and continuous searching, I finally came across a seller on Amazon having light blue (yes, I already opened the package, that's the reason the exterior cardboard label piece is now inside the bag).

So, for those wanting one in a color other than the "usual four", know that it is possible. I also found it in green, and orange.

Although the base battery cage was also available, I chose not to get it. As many have discovered, the base battery cage is not always a good idea. Although one of the above-mentioned OEMs manufacturers base battery cages 'properly', the other doesn't. What I mean by 'properly' is that one OEM designed the base battery cage so that the radio can be easily separated from the base battery. The other OEM, on the other hand, designed it with a lip sticking up. That means, with that design, in order to separate the base battery & radio, you have to remove the cage. The problem is, when buying them from any of the dozens of resellers, you don't know which OEM they purchased from, thus you don't know which design it is.

For those who want a cage for the display, and are considering a cage for the base battery, remember this when deciding whether, or not, to order a base battery cage. Sure, you could always return it for a refund if it happens to be the 'bad' design...but, personally, I rather not take the chance, and avoid the potential hassle of having to return something, and then wait for a refund.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Panther6834
For those looking to put a metal cage/frame around the display of their Noble NB4 & NB4+, similar to the one FlySky includes with the Noble Pro, you are probably aware that there are quite a few available. However, what many might not be aware of is that they are almost all produced by two OEMs, which sell them to other businesses to sell under their own "brand". Search high & low, and you discover that they are typically only available in four colors - black, red, purple, and gold, depending on which OEM they purchased them from (one does purple, the other does gold, and both do black & red). Problem is, I wanted blue. Thankfully, in my "don't give up" philosophy, and continuous searching, I finally came across a seller on Amazon having light blue (yes, I already opened the package, that's the reason the exterior cardboard label piece is now inside the bag).

So, for those wanting one in a color other than the "usual four", know that it is possible. I also found it in green, and orange.

Although the base battery cage was also available, I chose not to get it. As many have discovered, the base battery cage is not always a good idea. Although one of the above-mentioned OEMs manufacturers base battery cages 'properly', the other doesn't. What I mean by 'properly' is that one OEM designed the base battery cage so that the radio can be easily separated from the base battery. The other OEM, on the other hand, designed it with a lip sticking up. That means, with that design, in order to separate the base battery & radio, you have to remove the cage. The problem is, when buying them from any of the dozens of resellers, you don't know which OEM they purchased from, thus you don't know which design it is.

For those who want a cage for the display, and are considering a cage for the base battery, remember this when deciding whether, or not, to order a base battery cage. Sure, you could always return it for a refund if it happens to be the 'bad' design...but, personally, I rather not take the chance, and avoid the potential hassle of having to return something, and then wait for a refund.
any chance you have a link to the purple or orange goods?
Old 04-15-2024, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hippo_408
Don't remember who's the seller was, but the orange one I spotted on Amazon. I don't even know if it's shipped by Amazon, or by the seller, as I didn't even look at it. As for the purple, that you can find listed by multiple sellers...again, it's one of the four standard colors these are found in.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hippo_408
Flysky Noble NB4 Alloy Protector(Screen top protector/Battery protecto – SoarSky (skyvault.shop)
Panther6834 likes this.
Old 04-18-2024, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Anyyone else wating for the pro to be restocked?Going on two months for me now! Are they in stock any where?
Old 04-18-2024, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DR.Vanostrum
Anyyone else wating for the pro to be restocked?Going on two months for me now! Are they in stock any where?
Pro + is coming out soon, I'm guessing you will just be waiting for that.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

What's your speculation for the Pro +?
USB C,
new screen
head tracking support
25 models vs 20 ?

I can't find the FCC docs like we could for the + to spoil the surprise,
Old 04-21-2024, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DR.Vanostrum
Maybe u can refer to: https://skyvault.shop/products/flysk...e480c1a1&_ss=r
Old 04-21-2024, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RockinTheCasbah
What's your speculation for the Pro +?
USB C,
new screen
head tracking support
25 models vs 20 ?

I can't find the FCC docs like we could for the + to spoil the surprise,
U can follow FB page: Flysky RC for getting more updated info
Old 04-22-2024, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just got my NB4+ and ran it last night for the first time. It's great!

Is there a way to make the timer a 1 button ordeal?

To explain, I pretty much only run nitro. On my old Spektrum DX5C, I had the countdown timer set for like 7 minutes. It would immediately start counting down as soon as the radio was on. When I would start driving, I'd hit the CLEAR button to reset the timer back to 7 minutes, and it would automatically begin counting down again. It would beep when reaching zero, I'd pull over for fuel, hit CLEAR, continue driving.

From what I can tell with my NB4+, for the timer, RESET and START are 2 separate functions and have to be assigned to 2 different buttons, meaning I have to RESET to roll it back up to 7 minutes, then START it so it begins counting down. This means there's a sequence to follow, so it's easier to screw up, like if you accidentally double-tapped START, you have now stopped the timer as it toggles between start & stop.

Perhaps this could be added into a future update?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.