Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track Battery Rules

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx
I don't see how you charge a battery is cheating it's just a way to find a little bit more after all its racing
If the rules do not say a thing about charging/discharging limits then it is no cheating. If you make rules with limits to make it safer and cheaper and people go beyond it then it is cheating.

Again, keep in mind if you let it go and everyone is charging at 250-300watt the main fuse will go down and you will sit in the dark.....
Old 02-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Rookie

where about in SD are you planning on setting up the track? Is it on road, off road, all electric or can run nitro?
Old 02-16-2017, 02:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregH
Charging at that rate is asking for trouble. If I was in control of the rules, I would NOT allow lipos to be charged at that high of a rate while in a building. The potential for a accident would be off the charts. This is starting to come around full circle. Same thing happened with nicad and nim batteries. Guys would push the limits for a 10th of a second. Then lipos came out and stopped all the cheating. Brushless motors and lipo batteries made the old stuff obsolete. Now that they have been around a while, guys are finding ways to cheat with then. Why cheat just to get a win playing with toy cars?

LOL at off the charts..

Where's your numbers to support this claim? I race all the time and have never once in my life witnessed a battery (lipos) accident no matter what kind of charger or how many amps lipos are being charged at. I also find it funny that the argument with this usually goes back to cheating and toy cars. People are spending thousands of dollars and are competitive. I'm not spending this money so I can go out and lose, do you lack any common sense at all?

I see guys charging at 70 amps, I'm not and I'm still beating them. Some people will always find an excuse to explain why they lost, point fingers and blame others. I'm laughing right now because of your post, it's comical. at the end of the day this is supposed to be fun, but someone will always find a way to try and take that away.

TS, the tracks we go to there are no "Battery rules" besides max voltage. Everyone's happy and no one complains.